Colin Cowherd: The Dallas Cowboys will win the NFC East

lostxn

DCC 4Life
I gotta disagree. Wentz was legitimately in the MVP conversation before his injury. Foles came in and was very shaky and inconsistent. He finally started playing well once the playoffs started. But prior to that, everyone assumed the Eagles would be 1 and done based on how Foles had been playing heading into the postseason.

Yeah Wentz is a badass. We used to be able to claim Prescott had him on efficiency if not bulk stats but that was not the case in 2017. Wentz was better in pretty much every way.

60.2% completion 3,296 yards, 33 TD, 7 picks, 101.9 rating. That is outstanding.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
He's a 6th round pick who hasn't played the position yet I don't believe. They've only played him as a nickel corner. So I put him as red for worse than league average which I think is a fair place for him to start at the beginning of the season. Hell, we've been trying hard to upgrade him (Earl Thomas, trade up for T. Moore).

Smith is better than Peters but they're both Pro Bowl level players. Martin is better than Brooks but they're both Pro Bowlers. That's why they ended up being a push. Basically it's green for star (pro bowl caliber), yellow for above average, no shade for average, red for below average. I probably should have more below average players on both teams but whatever. I spent 10 minutes on it. It ain't gonna be perfect.
Xavier played some safety last year.

But see that's the problem. There is probowler and then there is annual all pro. Totally different. Shit Witten made the pro bowl last year but I wouldn't say he was anything special. That's the problem with matching guys on like 4 tiers. And like I said, they severely underrate Woods because he was a late round pick. But he played awesome last year. If he was a first round pick and did that he would get all kinds of love.

data

Forbes #1
Crowning the next Super Bowl champion can’t come soon enough.

lostxn

DCC 4Life
Xavier played some safety last year.

But see that's the problem. There is probowler and then there is annual all pro. Totally different. Shit Witten made the pro bowl last year but I wouldn't say he was anything special. That's the problem with matching guys on like 4 tiers. And like I said, they severely underrate Woods because he was a late round pick. But he played awesome last year. If he was a first round pick and did that he would get all kinds of love.
Well, I guess we could use Madden ratings next time (0-99 scale). You can argue those but a fair amount of work goes into them. Rookies start off pretty shitty though so given our 9 rookies we might be fed.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well, I guess we could use Madden ratings next time (0-99 scale). You can argue those but a fair amount of work goes into them. Rookies start off pretty shitty though so given our 9 rookies we might be fed.
It's all subjective. So of course the team coming off a superbowl win is going to look really talented. And if they fall back to 9-7 this year you'll look at the roster as not that talented. But that's just the fun of the debate.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
That's ludicre. Kelse had a nice bounce back year, but everyone in Philly was ready to dump him the previous two years.

He's not anywhere close to Fredrick.
Not even in the same conversation. Fredrick is a man's man. Kelse is a toddler in comparison.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Cowherd latching on to the most popular team? Breaking freaking news.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
This is why the game is played on the field to see who is better. We will all know in due time. Personally I Think Dallas will have a very good season.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I don’t care for their starters. Depth sure, but it really doesn’t matter.

They are 100x better than we are at coaching their god damned team.
We are better at WLB. They are better at the other two spots until proven otherwise.

Our LB depth is horrendous.

We'll be fine at linebacker if Lee stays healthy, which is the biggest if in the history of ifs.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Zeke will be back without distractions
Zeke has a lot to prove, kind of like Gurley did in his third season.

My impression was teams figured Zeke out a bit, and without a passing game he can’t affect the game nearly the same way.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Zeke has a lot to prove, kind of like Gurley did in his third season.

My impression was teams figured Zeke out a bit, and without a passing game he can’t affect the game nearly the same way.
The NFC East has an impressive stable of running backs this season, hopefully that will drive up Zeke's focus & intensity a bit.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
If we were smart, we'd go get Hankins.
Damn, I didn't realize he was still available.

We do need some size up front for sure.

Hernandez and Barkely scare me.

Top Bottom