2 (50) - Connor Williams, T/G, Texas

3 (81) - Michael Gallup, WR, Colorado State

4 (116) - Dorance Armstrong, DE, Kansas

4 (137) - Dalton Schultz, TE, Stanford

5 (171) - Mike White, QB, Western Kentucky

6 (193) - Chris Covington, LB, Indiana

6 (208) - Cedrick Wilson, WR, Boise State

7 (236) - Bo Scarbrough, RB, Alabama

The new MIKE linebacker for the Cowboys, Vander Esch is an ascending player who is an ideal fit for the Cowboys' defense and should start from Day 1. Williams had a streaky 2017 season, but he was tremendous value at No. 50 and is the exact medicine needed for the Cowboys' offensive line with his tackle/guard versatility. He is probably the starting left guard in the season opener, but can also kick out to tackle if needed. Gallup is part of the new-look Dallas receiving depth chart and could emerge as the team's best wideout at some point during the 2018 season. At only 21 years old, Schultz could take over the starting tight end duties as a rookie if Jason Witten retires. White, who was my No. 6 rated quarterback ahead of Mason Rudolph and Kyle Lauletta, could easily beat out Cooper Rush for the backup role and strengthens the most important position on the depth chart.

midswat

... soon
Four starters and a back up QB. During their rookie year, no less.

I call bullshit.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch

I call bullshit.
Why is that hard to believe? The first two are locks to start. And Gallup should be starting by midseason if not sooner. The only question is if Schultz can overtake a headcase UDFA that has never played a down in the NFL regular season, and a couple low round jags. I don't think he'll have too much trouble doing it, unless of course Gathers suddenly turns into something. Even if that miracle happens, he'll see a lot of time on the field as a blocking TE.

As for the backup QB, again. I don't think that will be to hard to do. A lot of people had him going in the 3rd-4th round. I would hope he would beat out a 2nd year UDFA before too long.

lostxn

DCC 4Life
White, who was my No. 6 rated quarterback ahead of Mason Rudolph and Kyle Lauletta, could easily beat out Cooper Rush for the backup role and strengthens the most important position on the depth chart.
This COULD be true, but Rush seemed pretty outstanding in the preseason. He looked vastly better than any other backup we've had for years (well except for Dak I suppose).

p1_

DCC 4Life
Im glad we didnt have to find out how Cooper Rush looks in the regular season.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member

I call bullshit.
He didn't day solid NFL caliber starters. But anyways, I can't see 4 of these rookies actually starting unless we are forcing it.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
He didn't day solid NFL caliber starters. But anyways, I can't see 4 of these rookies actually starting unless we are forcing it.
No but 2 for sure and probably 3. Dalton is the only one I don't think will actually start. But I'm sure he will see the field plenty.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Pretty nice words coming from Brugler.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
Armstrong is a darkhorse pick for me. The kid has some wheels on him and it will be interesting to see if Marinelli squeezes him in on situations similar to what we faced with Rodgers having hours to throw on critical 3rd downs at the end of a game.

Its where Armstrong seemed to thrive in college. I really like the pick.

Top Bottom