2016 Random Cowboys Related Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Chaz Green to have back surgery, will be placed on injured reserve
12:05 PM CT
Todd Archer
ESPN Staff Writer

FRISCO, Texas -- After weeks of hoping a back injury would improve enough to allow him to return to the lineup, Dallas Cowboys backup offensive tackle Chaz Green has opted to have surgery on a herniated disc.

Get the latest NFL injury news
NFLWho's out? Who's good to go? Who's questionable? We have all the latest injury news from around the NFL. Injury Wire
Green returned to practice in a limited fashion on Wednesday with the hopes of possibly being able to play on Sunday for the first time since Oct. 2. But he was not able to practice Thursday and had another MRI on his back. He will be placed on injured reserve.

Green, a third-round pick in 2015, started two games earlier in the season with Tyron Smith missing two games earlier this season. He did not play in a game last year because of offseason hip surgery.

With Green out, Emmett Cleary would continue as the swing tackle between Smith and Doug Free.

“We’re excited about what we’ve seen [from Green] but over the last couple of years, he’s been hurt a lot,” coach Jason Garrett said. “So availability is important, but he’s a very conscientious guy. He’s a very hard-working guy. Hopefully these are the things like, with other players, we’ve had and guys around the league, sometimes you just get an injury-bug and you have some different things happen to you over time. It’s not because he’s not dedicated and conscientious. He’s all of that and more, and hopefully this can get behind him. We’ll do this surgery with him, and he’ll get back to work. He’s got a bright future. There’s no doubt in our minds about that. And anytime he has played, he’s certainly done a nice job for us for a young player.”

With defensive tackle Cedric Thornton missing his third straight day of practice with a high ankle sprain and defensive end DeMarcus Lawrence’s status uncertain for Sunday, the Cowboys are likely to call up defensive end Zach Moore from the practice squad to fill Green’s spot.

Sucks because he is actually pretty good when healthy. Now we have to pray Tyron's back hold out this season.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
It also says teams respect Antonio Brown and their passing game. Ours, not so much.
Some of it also has to do with formations. Dallas likes to run 13 personnel for example. Only an idiot wouldn't have 8 in the box against that type of formation. It's only 1 WR afterall, you don't need 2 safeties deep to cover that.

Jiggyfly

Banned
I wonder why. It's a shame no one was able to foresee this sort of thing.
:lol

That is a useless stat considering we run much more 12 and 13 sets than Pitt and they are known as a passing team 1st.

I guess its jump on anything to push the Romo should be the QB argument.

townsend

Banned
I think we need to resign Roger Staubach, if he plays as well as he did in his last season, he gives us the best chance to win.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
:lol

That is a useless stat considering we run much more 12 and 13 sets than Pitt and they are known as a passing team 1st.

I guess its jump on anything to push the Romo should be the QB argument.
It's not complicated. Our run game has slowed down the past month or so. That's fine, because forcing teams to sell out against the run leaves them vulnerable against the pass. You just have to be able to take advantage of that. Hopefully we will do that.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
I think we need to resign Roger Staubach, if he plays as well as he did in his last season, he gives us the best chance to win.
:lol:lol

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
It says teams have zero respect for QBR league leader Dak Prescott.
This is obvious. We dink and dunk.

Doesn't matter if it's efficient or not. Why back out of an 8-man front when you know there's only going to be one deep shot max per half?

We knew this was coming.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
This is obvious. We dink and dunk.

Doesn't matter if it's efficient or not. Why back out of an 8-man front when you know there's only going to be one deep shot max per half?

We knew this was coming.
Thats more on the coaching staff than on Dak looking at Sturms route breakdowns.

Dak at should be shouldering a lot of the blame for missing WRs but the routes are pathetic.

dallen

Senior Tech
Is Looney our only backup tackle now? I guess we could move Collins or Martin to T in a pinch. Hell, start Collins at RT and make Free swing tackle again. He could hardly be much worse

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Thats more on the coaching staff than on Dak looking at Sturms route breakdowns.

Dak at should be shouldering a lot of the blame for missing WRs but the routes are pathetic.
Absolutely.

Someone posted a stat that Dak is efficient when he throws deep. So let him throw deep. We have to back the defenses off.

I feel like Butler and Williams have barely been targeted. That's stupid. I don't buy that they've been blanketed on every play.

townsend

Banned
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom