Day three wish list

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
There are still some gems out there. Guys that could step right in and contribute. I wouldn't have a problem with now trading for Earl Thomas if Seattle would go for it. I am happier than a pig in shit that we didn't use our 2nd or 3rd for him. Anyway... Here are guys I wouldn't mind taking tomorrow. And knowing how I am with picking football players, most of these guys will at the very least play in a few pro bowls. Some will be HOFers.

Ian Thomas TE
Tim Settle DT
Josey Jewell LB
Daurice Fountain WR
Deon Cain WR
Nyheim Hynes RB
Marcus Allen S
Desean Hamilton WR
Allen Lazard WR
Antonio Calloway WR (I'd wait until the late 6 or 7th for him and roll the dice. If he's taken, oh well)
Maurice Hurst DT ( I am tired of playing the injured/troubled player gamble early. But if he's still there in the 5th, I roll the dice.)
Foley Fatukasi DT
Keke Coutee WR
EQ St. Brown WR
Armani Watts S
Troy Fumagalli TE
Durham Smythe TE
Nick DeLuca LB
Poona Ford DT
Lowell Lotulelei DT
Dalton Schultz TE

midswat

... soon
You forgot John Kelly.

Also taking Antonio Calloway is basically throwing a draft pick away. Don’t care about his talent - he just doesn’t get it. Putting him in a party city like Dallas wouldn’t help either.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
At least rounds 4-7 aren't the small school shit show they used to be before McClay.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
You forgot John Kelly.

Also taking Antonio Calloway is basically throwing a draft pick away. Don’t care about his talent - he just doesn’t get it. Putting him in a party city like Dallas wouldn’t help either.
Using a late pick on Calloway is a good gamble. If he decides to piss his life away, oh well. We're not out much. If he somehow gets it and decides to straighten up, we get a first round talent for peanuts and very little risk.

midswat

... soon
Using a late pick on Calloway is a good gamble. If he decides to piss his life away, oh well. We're not out much. If he somehow gets it and decides to straighten up, we get a first round talent for peanuts and very little risk.
I get the logic, but we’ve tried this more times than I can count, and off the top of my head, I can’t think of a single instance where it has paid off.

Calloway was a knucklehead when being recruited. He was a knucklehead in college. He was a knucklehead during the pre-draft process. Give him hundreds of thousands of dollars in this wack-o organization and in the party city of Dallas, and he’ll be suspended or cut within 18 months.

lostxn

DCC 4Life
Shaquem Griffin still out there too. Love the kid. Jewell is probably a vastly safer choice.

Settle, Jewel or Thomas would be just great. Heck, maybe two of them.

Couchcoach

DCC 4Life
I get the logic, but we’ve tried this more times than I can count, and off the top of my head, I can’t think of a single instance where it has paid off.

Calloway was a knucklehead when being recruited. He was a knucklehead in college. He was a knucklehead during the pre-draft process. Give him hundreds of thousands of dollars in this wack-o organization and in the party city of Dallas, and he’ll be suspended or cut within 18 months.
Still worth a 7th don't you think?
Assuming he tanks that far

DLK150

DCC 4Life
I still think Durham Smythe would be a solid pick at TE, especially if he drops to the 5th round or so. He has talent and ability but was under utilized on offense at ND. He was mostly used as a blocker and ND, despite recruiting solid TEs has a recent history of doing that.

Top Bottom