Breaking: Jason Witten To Retire

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I'm not gonna rush out and take a TE. We still have Gathers here who could be something.

If Dallas Goedert is there at 50, he's good value, and perhaps actually better value than a WR like Gallup or James Washington. So that's good.

But I'm not gonna trade up. Let it fall. If not, maybe Ian Thomas in the third.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Kinda shitty for him to wait until the draft.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Guess there wasn't much to "Garrett guy" Jason Witten running Bryant out of town.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I'm not really that concerned with this in terms of the passing game, if anything it may force the coaches to be a bit more creative and it takes a security blanket away from Prescott so he should be forced to work through reads more.

As far as a blocker, who knows?

I wouldn't rush into taking a TE necessarily either. I wanted Goedert regardless of this, Gesicki would be an ok pick also, but if they're gone there's no reason to force it.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Is this a joke?

He couldn't have decided this 2 months ago?

Extremely selfish way to go out and it honestly kind of taints my memory of him.
I seriously doubt this was just decided. I’ll bet the team has known for some time. But this leaked info is some bullshit timing for sure.

p1_

DCC 4Life
I told y'all about this a couple days ago in the Hanna thread. Bam! TE suddenly a need.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
1) LVE
2) Goedert
3) James Washington
4) Tavarius Moore
4) Deadrin Senat

shoop

Semi-contributing member
You know he didn’t do this without the teams blessing. He’s in the family picture.

Possibly jerry thinking he is cute. Making all those fools think they know what the Cowboys are doing....

lostxn

DCC 4Life
1) LVE
2) Goedert
3) James Washington
4) Tavarius Moore
4) Deadrin Senat
I think Moore is a 3 now. At this point, I'm like fuck WR. Get Fountain or Calloway as a URFA or super late and just look hard at next year for a stud.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
No chance the Cowboys didn't know about this.

Witten coming out with Aikman and Roger was theatrical foreshadowing at its finest.

The only question is whether they wanted this info known right before the second round starts.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Guess whos still available as a free agent: None other than Anthony Fasano. Then there's Antonio Gates.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
He's going to MNF and ESPN is the one reporting it, so... I doubt Witten had anything to do with leaking anything. More the ESPN side once he accepted the job.

Anyway, David Moore said last night the team was determined to come out of the draft with a LB and WR in the first three rounds. Wonder if this changes that in any way, although I seriously doubt the team didn't suspect this. Might even be why Steve was so over the top in his praise of him recently. You can say a guy can play as long as he wants if you know he's about to retire.

Top Bottom