Week 13 Thursday Night Gameday Chatter | Cowboys vs Vikings | 12-1-2016

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
3 wins in 12 days. I will take it. Against the best defense in the NFL. With the refs calling stupid ass shit the whole way. But, I get what you mean. It was not entertaining. But, I don't give a shit. We won, and I am stoked.
Our defense actually played pretty great today. Granted it was against a shit offense and that last drive will have many disagreeing with me. But they got a lot of stops and pressures. Didn't give up a TD until the end.

22cowboysfan22

Brand New Member
If the Giants lose to Pitt then a win would clinch the division.
Actually, even if the Giants beat the Steelers, a win next week clinches the division. We'd be at 12-1, and could finish at worst at 12-4. The Giants would be at 9-4, and could finish at best at 12-4. If we were both 12-4, we'd have head-to-head, division and conference records all tied, but we've already clinched the common opponents tiebreaker, so we'd win the division.

http://cowboyswire.usatoday.com/2016/11/29/clinch-scenario-cowboys-can-secure-playoffs-sunday-with-help/

dallen

Senior Tech

data

Forbes #1
Forget what you just watched....just look at the below, ogle it, stare at it, be mesmerized by it and be happy

11-1

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Yep and it means the Giants game could all but clinch the division.
Ten and a half days to prepare for the game of the year.
I meant what I said -- that game will tell us if in fact this is a SB team or just a good team that kept finding ways to win games and got hot.

The last 2 weeks we've seen bad signs from increasing penalties and bad defense. Now, we don't need another game to tell us this defense isn't good, but they were playing better before the Thanksgiving game and we can only hope the games on short rest contributed to their declining play. But if we go to NY and play the same type of poor defense and keep committing penalties, then I think we're just gonna have to accept that this team isn't there yet.

10 days between games and going in that stadium against that team is going to tell us whether we're just a good team that got hot, or a real contender that can get to a SB.

Obviously, we're hoping they're the latter.

We'll find out on December 11th.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
The great thing is this is such a wide open season. All the other good teams have significant warts as well.

The Patriots defensive seems pretty average plus they just lost Gronk.

Seattle's offense has struggled all year.

Denver and KC have outstanding defenses but like the Vikings and Seattle, their offenses lack consistency.

The Giants are winning but haven't looked overly impressive.

This seems like the perfect year for the Cowboys to finally get over the hump.
Absolutely.

This is the year where we really have as shot, and that's why this defense being crap is so unfortunate for us.

We finally have a team with the talent and character and a watered-down NFL with no dominant teams, and yet we don't have the complete team ourselves.

Still, because all those teams are flawed we can still do the job......assuming we aren't starting to come back down.

The Giants game will tell us.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Absolutely.

This is the year where we really have as shot, and that's why this defense being crap is so unfortunate for us.

We finally have a team with the talent and character and a watered-down NFL with no dominant teams, and yet we don't have the complete team ourselves.

Still, because all those teams are flawed we can still do the job......assuming we aren't starting to come back down.

The Giants game will tell us.
We need Claiborne back so badly. The defense was different in coverage when he was healthy.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
We need Claiborne back so badly. The defense was different in coverage when he was healthy.
Definitely.

We didn't have any All-Pros back there, but when we had a completely healthy secondary, each and every DB in that backfield looked like an improved player from year's past.

Hopefully we can get everybody back in time for week 16/17, and of course the playoffs, and we'll see significant improvement from our defense as a result.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
The good news is he's supposed to be back by year end.
Yeah and at this point it's about the playoffs ultimately. Obviously we want the division, first round bye and home field advantage but the playoffs are basically locked up now. So ultimately this season is going to be judged by what we do there.

data

Forbes #1
By the way, NFLN is now airing a Timeline episode called "There is Only One America's Team"

shane

DCC 4Life
We are a team that is hard to put down even when we play like shit. Also, Prescott made more plays with his feet than ever today because he had to in order to win. Special teams even came up big when they had to as well! This team is fantastic and I can't get enough of them.

Top Bottom