Machota: Tony Romo not fazed by Top 100 omission

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Tony Romo not fazed by Top 100 omission

JON MACHOTA |

Published: Friday, June 21, 2013, 1:56am

Tony Romo's peers don't consider the Dallas Cowboys quarterback to be one of the Top 100 players in the NFL.

They also don't consider Romo to be one of the top 14 quarterbacks.

On Thursday, NFL Network continued to reveal their top 100 players of 2013 by showing the players ranked between 11 and 20. Romo didn't make the cut, but four other quarterbacks did, meaning the final three QB spots are most likely going to Aaron Rodgers, Peyton Manning and Tom Brady.

So which quarterbacks have been ranked ahead of Romo?

Here you go: No. 11 Drew Brees, No. 15 Robert Griffin III, No. 17 Matt Ryan, No. 19 Joe Flacco, No. 23 Andrew Luck, No. 43 Eli Manning, No. 46 Cam Newton, No. 51 Russell Wilson, No. 61 Ben Roethlisberger, No. 76 Matthew Stafford and No. 81 Colin Kaepernick.

The voting is supposed to be based off how a player performed in 2012. But regardless of the criteria, Romo, who ranked No. 91 last year and No. 72 in 2011, wasn't too concerned about the ranking when asked about it last week.

"Until I see one person who's a Dallas Cowboy who votes on that stuff, I would figure at some point they'd ask me, Jason Witten or DeMarcus Ware to vote," Romo said. "I think then maybe it's a vote by the players. But the four people who vote, I just don't think it matters too much. I know this, I would have a hard time telling you who was great in the AFC last year. You just go by what's written about and talked about."

Former two-time league MVP and Super Bowl champion quarterback Kurt Warner ranked Romo 10th on his list of NFL's top QBs. The NFL Network analyst said Tuesday that Romo, "should be on this list, no question about it."

It appears that the only Cowboys to make the list are DeMarcus Ware (No. 12), Dez Bryant (No. 35) and Jason Witten (No. 41).

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
It is ludicrous. Say what you want about Romo (he certainly has his flaws), it's patently retarded to suggest he's not one of the top 100 players in the league.

I do kind of wish he'd get a chip on his shoulder about it, though.

Lotuseater

Banned
It is ludicrous. Say what you want about Romo (he certainly has his flaws), it's patently retarded to suggest he's not one of the top 100 players in the league.

No doubt. You can't put a can't Newton over Romo, or some of those others. It's retarded. This is all just misdirected anger at Romo's contract.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Putting Griffin (at 15!!!!!!!!!!!!) and Russell on there but leaving Romo off is ludicrous.

It should be called the top 100 hype list.

PS, Andrew Luck is three times the QB that Griffin is.

Lotuseater

Banned
Putting Griffin (at 15!!!!!!!!!!!!) and Russell on there but leaving Romo off is ludicrous.

You just say stupid shit like this to start an argument.

D

Deuce

I'm starting an argument by saying that it's ludicrous to leave Romo off the list but include Wilson and Griffin?

GTFO.
No, he thinks its ludicrous to say Luck is better than Griffen.

But much like his man crush for Wilcox, his thought process is misguided. Luck will be the best in the game in 4 years. I'm not even sure Griffen will still be in the league by then.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
No, he thinks its ludicrous to say Luck is better than Griffen.

But much like his man crush for Wilcox, his thought process is misguided. Luck will be the best in the game in 4 years. I'm not even sure Griffen will still be in the league by then.
I know, I was baiting him.

Do I really mean Luck is "three times" the QB that Griffin is? Is that even measurable? Who knows.

Obviously what I'm trying to say is that Luck is clearly the better QB than Griffin, and it's not close.

Which is true and I am not saying it to start an argument. Luck is light years ahead of Griffin as a passer. Griffin is better at running and stuff.

That's not to say Griffin can't be good as a QB. But Luck is Peyton Manning part 2. Anyone who takes Griffin over Luck is a stone cold retard. Griffin is without question inferior as a passer and this gimmick offense that they ran this year will be slowed down sooner rather than later.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

All true.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
To be fair, it is a top 100 for the season, and Griffin and Wilson both had better seasons than Romo did last year.

vince

Not So New Member

Agreed.

Lotuseater

Banned
I know, I was baiting him.

Do I really mean Luck is "three times" the QB that Griffin is? Is that even measurable? Who knows.

Obviously what I'm trying to say is that Luck is clearly the better QB than Griffin, and it's not close.

Which is true and I am not saying it to start an argument. Luck is light years ahead of Griffin as a passer. Griffin is better at running and stuff.

That's not to say Griffin can't be good as a QB. But Luck is Peyton Manning part 2. Anyone who takes Griffin over Luck is a stone cold retard. Griffin is without question inferior as a passer and this gimmick offense that they ran this year will be slowed down sooner rather than later.

Riiiiight. Baiting me.

Saying Luck is "three times the player Griffin is" was the only part of the statement I had any problem with.

Griffin is what he is, but he's got an uncommon skill set to go with extreme intellegence. Great arm strength and accuracy. He is a special player. I wouldn't count him out so soon is all.

Luck is the better all around player, but its a lot closer than you're saying.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Take Griffin out of the gimmick offense, put him in a real offense, behind that line Luck had...it wouldn't be close.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member

If getting left off the Top 100 list by his peers is the worst thing that's happened to him.......

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Riiiiight. Baiting me.

Saying Luck is "three times the player Griffin is" was the only part of the statement I had any problem with.

Griffin is what he is, but he's got an uncommon skill set to go with extreme intellegence. Great arm strength and accuracy. He is a special player. I wouldn't count him out so soon is all.

Luck is the better all around player, but its a lot closer than you're saying.
Given that you are the only person that seems to think so, I'm going to go ahead and point out that you must only be saying that to start an argument.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Take Griffin out of the gimmick offense, put him in a real offense, behind that line Luck had...it wouldn't be close.
Yep. Over the next few years, Griffin will take a horrible pounding if they keep going the way they are. He's a spectacular talent to watch, but I don't see it lasting. Luck will still be playing at a high level 10 years from now. Griffin might not be in the league any more if they don't change.

I'd take Luck over Griffin 10 times out of 10.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
To be fair, it is a top 100 for the season, and Griffin and Wilson both had better seasons than Romo did last year.

I think that's debatable; it depends what you measure it by.

Even if it is true, they didn't have anywhere near better seasons to the tune of 15th/51st/unranked.

Hell, even taking Romo out of the equation, you could make a strong argument that Wilson should be ranked near or ahead of Griffin.

These rankings were more pulled from someone's ass than pulled from the 2012 season.

Top Bottom