Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Looks like Wade is the guy who pushed the hardest for Dak.:unsure
It's probably because he knew that he wouldn't have to develop him any. :unsure

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
From an athletic standpoint, yeah Showers is similar to Prescott. What the scouts apparently missed that the coaches got were his intangibles and football smarts.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Jesus our scouts are retarded if they really thought that. The guy is what, playing safety now on the practice squad?
You forget Showers was being talked about as being ahead of Dak a couple of weeks into camp.

Even Sturm thought so.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
You forget Showers was being talked about as being ahead of Dak a couple of weeks into camp.

Even Sturm thought so.
I don't forget that. Sort of goes to show how hard it is to evaluate a QB during practice and camp. As soon as both players hit the field in preseason it wasn't even a question who the better QB was. Which you can go back through both QB's careers as well and it's not really comparable.

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
Where Dallas had some advantage in the scouting process was they had coached Prescott in the Senior Bowl. They worked with him in practice and meetings and Dallas quarterback coach Wade Wilson felt strong about Prescott’s traits and work ethic. He was the one who went to bat for Prescott in the Dallas draft meetings.
When he can't even get that straight... ~flush~

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Where Dallas had some advantage in the scouting process was they had coached Prescott in the Senior Bowl. They worked with him in practice and meetings

Uhh, pretty sure that's not true.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I don't forget that. Sort of goes to show how hard it is to evaluate a QB during practice and camp. As soon as both players hit the field in preseason it wasn't even a question who the better QB was. Which you can go back through both QB's careers as well and it's not really comparable.
Supposedly Prescott isn't a great practice player but turns it up when the bullets are firing for real, which might explain why Showers supposedly looked better during camp but once the preseason started it was a different story.

I didn't want Prescott in the 3rd just because I thought we had much more pressing needs and I didn't like the idea of basically using a late 2nd round pick on a QB, which is generally a losing proposition in the first place. Piece of shit Showers never entered my mind once when considering the possibility of taking Prescott, Cook, etc.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supposedly Prescott isn't a great practice player but turns it up when the bullets are firing for real, which might explain why Showers supposedly looked better during camp but once the preseason started it was a different story.

I didn't want Prescott in the 3rd just because I thought we had much more pressing needs and I didn't like the idea of basically using a late 2nd round pick on a QB, which is generally a losing proposition in the first place. Piece of shit Showers never entered my mind once when considering the possibility of taking Prescott, Cook, etc.
Once Cook was gone I wanted Prescott. But Prescott was still down my list as like my fifth QB in the draft. And hell even then I just thought he'd make a really good NFL backup QB because of his instincts and ability to run for first downs.

Showers is a joke. Guy with an arm and running ability who has always sucked once the bullets start flying. I never imagined him with a shot of making the roster.

Top Bottom