2016 Random Cowboys Related Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Morris Claiborne on track to return before regular season ends
Patrik Walker - 17 hours ago 1
Dallas Newsletter

A bit of good news could be on the way for Morris Claiborne and the Dallas Cowboys.

Per EVP Stephen Jones, the veteran cornerback is on schedule with the rehabilitation from his groin injury and has suffered no setbacks.

"We're starting to feel pretty confident we may see [Morris Claiborne] again this season." said Jones, via Dallas Morning News.

The Cowboys are an insane 10-1 after downing the hated Washington Redskins! Don’t miss any breaking news, take a second to sign up for our FREE Cowboys newsletter!

More specifically, it's being reported by Mike Leslie of WFAA Channel 8 in Dallas that the Cowboys are specifically confident in a potential return during the regular season.

This would be just what the doctored ordered for a Cowboys team that gave up 449 passing yards and three passing touchdowns to Redskins quarterback Kirk Cousins on Thanksgiving.

Claiborne has been out since Oct. 30 when he suffered a groin injury versus the Philadelphia Eagles. He has since avoided surgery as the team has taken more of a wait-and-see approach up to this point.

Recently the fifth-year veteran himself stated the injury is actually a portion of his pelvic bone which had broken off, but stated he was advised it should heal on its own.

That appears to be the case thus far, and the Cowboys are holding out hope their best defensive back will again suit up soon.
It's good news but maybe not great news. There are still five games left this season.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Article came out today the team still hasn't heard from the league about the additional Randy Gregory suspension.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Article came out today the team still hasn't heard from the league about the additional Randy Gregory suspension.
I really wish he was coming back in 3 weeks. Seems so silly that a talent of his caliber is totally wasted over weed.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Assuming we get a bye our first playoff game is in nearly 7 weeks, I'm guessing Claiborne should definitely be back by then.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

For anyone that might want to watch it. The previews look really good.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member

Do you know if they replay old ones? I had the Landry one saved but we switched to cable.

Cotton

Staff member
Do you know if they replay old ones? I had the Landry one saved but we switched to cable.
I don't know. You would think you could find them somewhere. May have to pay for them.

data

Forbes #1
Seems like Aikman's seeking revenge and hosting an Ode. No rose petals and peaches, just furious anger over who pissed Aikman off.

Jimmy Johnson
Steve Walsh
Barry Switzer
Skip Bayless

Cotton

Staff member
Seems like Aikman's seeking revenge and hosting an Ode. No rose petals and peaches, just furious anger over who pissed Aikman off.

Jimmy Johnson
Steve Walsh
Barry Switzer
Skip Bayless

:lol

That very well could be the creepiest post in the 14 year history of the DCC.

Props.

Rev

Staff member

They are showing the Roger Staubach one right after it.

GForce78NJ

Not So New Member
think this cleats thing is a fantastic idea. take something where players are getting fined and make it a cool once in a year thing to fight for a cause. Couldn't be Goodell's idea

Rev

Staff member
It's really cool that Jones and Williams are wearing cleats in support of Carr who is from Flint and it is a very worthy cause.
Didn't know Carr was from Flint so that makes sense now. Don't know why I didn't think of that but originally thought that was a little wierd. Not that it isn't a worthy cause but just seemed wierd.

dallen

Senior Tech

I never heard Aikman retired for anything other than injury reasons. This looks interesting. I'd love to see an hour of Aikman bitching about the 96-00 Cowboys

Last edited:

Texas Ace

Teh Acester

Jimmy Johnson
Steve Walsh
Barry Switzer
Skip Bayless
I don't think he has it out for Jimmy. He has spoken very highly of him since he retired and I think after that rocky start, they eventually became pretty close.

No, the ONE guy I think Aikman resents more than any other is Jerry Jones because he feels like Jerry sabotaged his career by essentially surrounding him with awful coaches and mediocre teams.

It's the reason why Aikman is the one player from that 90's dynasty that you don't see in the owner's box or attending games. He's basically not involved with the franchise in any way like you see from Irvin, Emmitt, etc.

All those 90's guys love Jerry.......except Troy. He rarely speaks of him much less in the positive light that all the other guys do.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I never heard Aikman retired for anything other than injury reasons. This looks interesting. I'd love to see any hour of Aikman bitching about the 96-00 Cowboys
I've heard him say it plenty of times over the years.

Football wasn't fun for him anymore and I can't say I really blame him.

Cotton

Staff member
[MENTION=41]Genghis Khan[/MENTION], you asked about a breakdown of our 3 man rush, so I asked Sturm if he would oblige. He liked the tweet, so I'm hoping that's a yes. :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom