Dallas - Patriots Trade

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Not a fan of Breeland Speaks, but say that pick is Denarius Senat instead. Senat and Cole Madison might be two future starters on our lines. Is it worth giving them up to have Moore instead of Miller? I don't know.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Not a fan of Breeland Speaks, but say that pick is Denarius Senat instead. Senat and Cole Madison might be two future starters on our lines. Is it worth giving them up to have Moore instead of Miller? I don't know.
I think he was basing this off the mock draft they just did on the Cowboys NFL draft show on the dallascowboys.com website. Senat was long gone by then.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
We are giving up 4 picks and only adding two. I have zero interest in that.

I get that we're only giving up a 4th and essentially a sixth, but they're still too valuable to me.

I mean, our starting QB was essentially a fifth and like half our secondary we're 6th rounders so I wouldn't look at them as throwaways.
If you'd rather not give up a mid-4th and late-5th to move up from 50 to 31 that's fine, I just disagree.

I'd much rather get a guy like Sutton, Evans, Payne or Wynn at 31 than James Washington, Chark or Nathan Shepherd at 50, and for all the rotational players we've found in the 5th or 6th there are 3-5 times as many guys who washed out.

Of course the more picks you have the greater the chance that you hit on one of them but there's also the possibility that the front office better parses out who they like rather than just throwing bones like POS Joey Ivie and Jordan Carrell at Marinelli.

lostxn

DCC 4Life
Man I posted this same thread on the zone. Amazing how little analysis these folks do. Just knee-jerk "yes" "no" answers with no rationale. This is why I have 113 messages there and 5k+ here.

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
I'd do the trade simply because I think there's a better chance of this group hitting at 23 and 31 than the at 50, and the 4 and 5 picks. I know they have been better of late, but they aren't making 10 picks anyway and 2 in the 1st would be greatness.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Well, we ended up with two of the guys listed in the trade scenario in LVE and Connor Williams, while keeping the extra two picks which we would have lost, which turned into Dorance Armstrong and Mike White.

Looks like Jerry knows more about football than you guys after all. :art

All kidding aside, if that trade would have went down the only other two guys on that list available were DJ Moore and Hernandez. So it begs the question... Would you be more happy with with those two or LVE, Williams, Armstrong, and White? (yes, I know that only one different pick anywhere in the process would have changed the entire draft.)

Top Bottom