Thanksgiving Gameday chatter thread | Redskins vs Cowboys | 11-24-2016

Jiggyfly

Banned
By the way, I saw Aretha Franklin's national anthem on replay. Yes, it was long, could've been shorter-to-be-better and not close to being a favorite, but I liked it. At ~75 years old, it might just be the last time we hear her perform. After the first minute, I was like 'omg, get this over with', but integral in setting the mood for the last 30 seconds, which I thought was quite good. It wasn't me-first or grandstanding, unlike other pop divas. With that soulful vibe, I don't know, it felt kind of homey and healing, unifying and intimate. Haven't heard the anthem done in that style and I'm glad I got to hear it, especially by a legend.
Hey fuck that bitch.

Right IAMTDG.?

Jiggyfly

Banned
Yeah it really bothers me though that Darren McFadden is so important as a bench rider that we didn't trade him away when we should have and picked up a pass rusher. He offers us nothing right now. They knew we were hurting in that area and could have upgraded. I just know the defense is gonna bite them in the ass like in 2014. You can only get so far with a mediocre pass rush in the playoffs.
Yeah trading McFadden really would have upgraded the pass rush.:unsure

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Hey fuck that bitch.

Right IAMTDG.?
Never said fuck that bitch, but yeah, that stupid bitch butchered our national anthem.

Yeah trading McFadden really would have upgraded the pass rush.:unsure
I'm sorry you weren't informed..rumor had it that there was a deal in the works with the Packers for Peppers. Supposedly it was a legit source. I would have done it if nothing else just to help this year. But no, Jones said he wanted to keep his pet. Either way, whether it was true or not there still is no reason to keep McFadden on the roster right now when they could have got something in return. He will never see the field especially since they have the Great Dunbar!

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I'm sorry you weren't informed..rumor had it that there was a deal in the works with the Packers for Peppers. Supposedly it was a legit source. I would have done it if nothing else just to help this year. But no, Jones said he wanted to keep his pet.
Source for it being "in the works?"

The only thing I've ever seen for this deal is people speculating that it would make sense. I've never seen a legit source that McFadden for Peppers was real. I can't imagine the packers doing that.

Source for it being "in the works?"

The only thing I've ever seen for this deal is people speculating that it would make sense. I've never seen a legit source that McFadden for Peppers was real. I can't imagine the packers doing that.
I don't either. It seemed a good idea at the time, even though Peppers isn't what he was he is still better than what we have now. I don't get how they thought it was better to keep McFadden then trade him for something. The defense will be the downfall in the playoffs. It's not that they haven't drafted to improve the defense since 2014 when we knew it was a problem then, it's the method in which they did it. They have got to quit drafting special circumstance players like Gregory and Smith and pick players without the question marks. It's gonna cost us this year.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
I don't either. It seemed a good idea at the time, even though Peppers isn't what he was he is still better than what we have now. I don't get how they thought it was better to keep McFadden then trade him for something. The defense will be the downfall in the playoffs. It's not that they haven't drafted to improve the defense since 2014 when we knew it was a problem then, it's the method in which they did it. They have got to quit drafting special circumstance players like Gregory and Smith and pick players without the question marks. It's gonna cost us this year.
I don't think you understood his point.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I'm sorry you weren't informed..rumor had it that there was a deal in the works with the Packers for Peppers. Supposedly it was a legit source. I would have done it if nothing else just to help this year. But no, Jones said he wanted to keep his pet. Either way, whether it was true or not there still is no reason to keep McFadden on the roster right now when they could have got something in return. He will never see the field especially since they have the Great Dunbar!
Didn't hear that, but then again I am not a sourced up MFer either. If true, we were stupid not to do it.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Didn't hear that, but then again I am not a sourced up MFer either. If true, we were stupid not to do it.
I hear we also turned down an offer from the Broncos to trade them McFadden for Von Miller and a 3rd. But no, Jones said he wanted to keep his pet.

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
I watched until I saw Stephen A on my screen and turned it off.
Isn't the crap Steven A is saying about Cousins having to do more with less the same situation Romo was in for most his career? Did we here this stuff from him regarding ROmo?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Isn't the crap Steven A is saying about Cousins having to do more with less the same situation Romo was in for most his career? Did we here this stuff from him regarding ROmo?
It's one of those things where he sort of has to argue one side. I take it with a grain of salt. It's not like both of them could agree that Dak is the better QB. There wouldn't be a show if that was the case. Steven is just playing his typical role when it comes to the Cowboys.

Top Bottom