Tony Romo eyeing Broncos as offseason destination

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Has Bradford ever even made the playoffs in all of his years starting?
Nope. Also had a significant injury history. also never had one great statistical season let alone many.

Vikings were desperate though so there's that.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Nope. Also had a significant injury history. also never had one great statistical season let alone many.

Vikings were desperate though so there's that.
That is why I am not going to be pissed if Dallas hangs onto him.

The both of them are about what any team would pay for a quality QB and if they have a chip they could play if a contender loses a QB like Minny did, it's worth it.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I wonder if Denver might be an offseason destination for Cousins.
There is ZERO chance Cousins will leave Washington. If they can't get a long term deal done, they will franchise him.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
There is ZERO chance Cousins will leave Washington. If they can't get a long term deal done, they will franchise him.
If the season ended now, sure.

He will need to sustain what he's doing. If he does, they will get him inked.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
If the season ended now, sure.

He will need to sustain what he's doing. If he does, they will get him inked.
Even if he falls off some, they'll still try to sign him long term. Who else would they start? They'll be picking around 20 in the first. I doubt they'll be thinking of getting their next QB there if they let Cousins walk. And I doubt Snyder will be thinking of picking through FA scraps for his starting QB. Especially after winning the division last year, and possibly making it as a WC this year.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Even if he falls off some, they'll still try to sign him long term. Who else would they start? They'll be picking around 20 in the first. I doubt they'll be thinking of getting their next QB there if they let Cousins walk. And I doubt Snyder will be thinking of picking through FA scraps for his starting QB. Especially after winning the division last year, and possibly making it as a WC this year.
Yeah, no way can I see him leaving Washington.

shane

DCC 4Life
The more I think about it, Denver would be a perfect fit. If he goes down, Sieman or Lynch could fill in for him adequately but Romo would still be a huge upgrade to either of those guys. It would be a very low risk situation.

townsend

Banned
The more I think about it, Denver would be a perfect fit. If he goes down, Sieman or Lynch could fill in for him adequately but Romo would still be a huge upgrade to either of those guys. It would be a very low risk situation.
It might end with them scraping his remains off of Justin Houston.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
It might end with them scraping his remains off of Justin Houston.
No matter where Romo goes his O-line is going to be a downgrade. I don't know that the quality of the O-line has really impacted his ability to stay healthy regardless. Part of Romo's game is improvising, regardless of how good the O-line is.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Former Redskins quarterback Joe Theismann has said for months that Tony Romo should quit football. So it's not shocking that Theismann, who led Washington to a Super Bowl win in his 12 years with the team, thinks the guy he deems fragile isn't leaving Dallas.

"Let's put this Tony Romo stuff to bed, OK?" Theismann told Bleacher Report Radio. "The man's had three back surgeries, he has a collar bone that's been broken twice, he's 36 years old, he plays behind - the last couple years he played behind probably the best offensive line in football [and] hasn't finished a season in the last five.

"Any general manager that would make a deal for Tony Romo shouldn't keep their job as general manager. It's a bad business decision plus what offensive line is going to be the same one he has in Dallas?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Former Redskins quarterback Joe Theismann has said for months that Tony Romo should quit football. So it's not shocking that Theismann, who led Washington to a Super Bowl win in his 12 years with the team, thinks the guy he deems fragile isn't leaving Dallas.

"Let's put this Tony Romo stuff to bed, OK?" Theismann told Bleacher Report Radio. "The man's had three back surgeries, he has a collar bone that's been broken twice, he's 36 years old, he plays behind - the last couple years he played behind probably the best offensive line in football [and] hasn't finished a season in the last five.

"Any general manager that would make a deal for Tony Romo shouldn't keep their job as general manager. It's a bad business decision plus what offensive line is going to be the same one he has in Dallas?
Um, he realizes Romo finished the 2014 season correct? Or does missing one game now mean, "he couldn't finish the season."

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Um, he realizes Romo finished the 2014 season correct? Or does missing one game now mean, "he couldn't finish the season."
I think you know what it means. Maybe wording could be different but I think the point still stands.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think you know what it means. Maybe wording could be different but I think the point still stands.
Well I think what he is saying is that the past 5 seasons for Romo have ended in season ending injuries. Which of course is not true. But maybe what he means is that over the last 5 season's Romo has missed at least one game. Not sure why he wouldn't say those words if that's what he means. Other then he is trying to be more "sensational" like all media people seem to be doing as of late. Especially since in 2011 and 2012 Romo played in all 16 games of the season.

I think Romo is injury prone but it annoys me when writers make shit up to be over the top. When your choice is taking a chance that Romo is healthy or starting Hackenberg for example, the smart GM will take a chance on Romo.

Top Bottom