Domain transfer

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I am transferring our domain over to GoDaddy because they are way cheaper. Because of how the time frame fell, the site may actually go down for a bit. I have the lady at register.com watching it to push it through as soon as possible, but there is the possibility we go down for a day or two. I just wanted everyone to be aware in case we do go down that we will be back up shortly.

Cotton

Staff member
I’m just shocked I remembered. A 3 day window to get a transfer done is a tight window. Just hoping the lady at Register does what she said she was going to do.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Your account at DCU is still active. See you soon.

Cotton

Staff member
:lol

If it goes down it won’t be for long and we won’t lose anything so calm down. It’s not like there is a shit ton of Cowboys news right now.

Cotton

Staff member
The lady at Register got the transfer pushed through, so we should see no down time.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
You probably should have saved this maintenance window for our 1st round pick.

With the 19th pick of the 2018 NFL draft, the Dallas "football" Cowboys select Taven Bryan, white guy with a non-stop motor.

*******SITE MAINTENANCE************

Rock Slamdance

DCC 4Life
You guys realize the day the site is down is the day Jerry’s private jet will crash with him, Stephen, Spags, Dez, Jaylon’s drop foot, Roger Goodell, and all the ‘we them boys’ hats on board; right?

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
Ever since the transfer I've been getting a warning from Kaspersky when I open the site...

Cotton

Staff member
Ever since the transfer I've been getting a warning from Kaspersky when I open the site...
What does the warning say? The transfer shouldn't have made any difference as it is now hosted with a very trusted domain host. If you could screen shot it, I can look into it.

DCUDoomsday

Brand New Member
What the hell is that?
It's loading on IE 11 browsers as your 12th call. No idea why. Waterfall HERE.

It possibly might generate a warning from Kaspersky because it is a javascript file which is out of date, but I've never seen a Kaspersky warning in spanish before.

Referer information might be useful:

PHP:
Referer: http://www.dallascowboyscentral.com/forumdisplay.php?19-Primers
My understanding is you didn't change the host, you just changed the domain service? Nothing could have been added to your scripts or files.

It loads as the 11th call on firefox browsers. Same referrer.

That call doesn't exist at DCU although we use identical software, hosting, and domain service.

Cotton

Staff member
It's loading on IE 11 browsers as your 12th call. No idea why. Waterfall HERE.

It possibly might generate a warning from Kaspersky because it is a javascript file which is out of date, but I've never seen a Kaspersky warning in spanish before.

Referer information might be useful:

PHP:
Referer: http://www.dallascowboyscentral.com/forumdisplay.php?19-Primers
My understanding is you didn't change the host, you just changed the domain service? Nothing could have been added to your scripts or files.

It loads as the 11th call on firefox browsers. Same referrer.

That call doesn't exist at DCU although we use identical software, hosting, and domain service.
Correct, I didn't change hosting service, just the domain service.

Top Bottom