Week 11 Gameday Chatter | Ravens vs. Cowboys | 11/20/2016

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Aside from Dak Prescott, Anthony Brown has been the biggest surprise of the Cowboys' draft, IMO.
Yep. If Jaylon produces even at 3/4 of what they expect, this could go down as our best draft ever. No hyperbole.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I have replaced my TMSAW with QC (Quiet Confidence)...mostly because I don't know how to handle success.
No shit. This really is difficult to handle.
Indeed.

The crazy thing for me is that with all this success comes new expectations. Unlike 2014, I'm having trouble keeping my expectations down.

See, in 2014, I bought into that team and felt they were a legit SB contender (and they were). They showed character and heart and did us proud with how they finished the season. They eventually lost to a Green Bay team that they should've beat, but it wasn't a choke job or some humiliating loss. They just happened to learn a tough lesson about not taking advantage of your opportunities in a game at that stage of the season.

Because the Cowboys had let me down so many times in previous seasons, I always kept my expectations down. I believed in them, but I stayed even keel even into the playoffs. So while I was disappointed after that GB loss, I wasn't heartbroken.

But now? Man......I find myself truly dreaming about the SB and am looking ahead for the first time in ages. But with that now comes the nervous shats feeling I haven't had in so long because now I'm also afraid of losing.

This team has what it takes to get there. I know they do. The defense will be a problem at times, but I think we can overcome it.

I just hope this team doesn't break my heart this year.

It's teh ghey, I know....but it's been awesome to love this team like I used to as kid again and I just hope that's followed by the successes of those teams as well.

Cotton

Staff member
Indeed.

The crazy thing for me is that with all this success comes new expectations. Unlike 2014, I'm having trouble keeping my expectations down.

See, in 2014, I bought into that team and felt they were a legit SB contender (and they were). They showed character and heart and did us proud with how they finished the season. They eventually lost to a Green Bay team that they should've beat, but it wasn't a choke job or some humiliating loss. They just happened to learn a tough lesson about not taking advantage of your opportunities in a game at that stage of the season.

Because the Cowboys had let me down so many times in previous seasons, I always kept my expectations down. I believed in them, but I stayed even keel even into the playoffs. So while I was disappointed after that GB loss, I wasn't heartbroken.

But now? Man......I find myself truly dreaming about the SB and am looking ahead for the first time in ages. But with that now comes the nervous shats feeling I haven't had in so long because now I'm also afraid of losing.

This team has what it takes to get there. I know they do. The defense will be a problem at times, but I think we can overcome it.

I just hope this team doesn't break my heart this year.

It's teh ghey, I know....but it's been awesome to love this team like I used to as kid again and I just hope that's followed by the successes of those teams as well.
For the first time in a very long time, I am supremely confident in winning. Just like towards the end of that Steelers game, I posted that I felt like we were going to win it. It's strangely eerie, to be honest.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
The Green Bay loss in 2014 was so heart-breaking because you knew the window was closing with Romo turning 35 before the next season started.

While not making it all the way this year would certainly be a let down, you have to remember the window isn't closing like it was in 2014, it's just opening. Yes, the NFL stands for Not For Long, and who knows how long Elliott will hold up, but Prescott is the real deal and our OL isn't going anywhere, so the window is wide open.

We even have some young defenders to build around with Jones, Collins, and Lawrence, not to mention vets like Lee and Scandrick who should be solid for another 2-3 years. And if Smith can return at just 80-90% of what he was that's still a Pro Bowl caliber player.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
For the first time in a very long time, I am supremely confident in winning. Just like towards the end of that Steelers game, I posted that I felt like we were going to win it. It's strangely eerie, to be honest.
Oh, I believe in them.....don't get me wrong.

But what I mean is, I got so used to them failing when it mattered that I just stopped caring. I expected them to lose in every big game and never felt like they could fight back late in a game when they were down. That's why I reached a point where I literally did not care when they lost.

Oh, lose a key game? Meh. Blow another 4th quarter lead? :zzz

But now I believe and now it matters. So with expecting more comes the disappointment of when you don't get it done.

It's the latter that I can't say I missed the last few years, but it's too late to go back now.

I am all in.

Cotton

Staff member
Oh, I believe in them.....don't get me wrong.

But what I mean is, I got so used to them failing when it mattered that I just stopped caring. I expected them to lose in every big game and never felt like they could fight back late in a game when they were down. That's why I reached a point where I literally did not care when they lost.

Oh, lose a key game? Meh. Blow another 4th quarter lead? :zzz

But now I believe and now it matters. So with expecting more comes the disappointment of when you don't get it done.

It's the latter that I can't say I missed the last few years, but it's too late to go back now.

I am all in.
Gotcha. :thumbsup

Hoffa

DCC 4Life

Wentz would have made that throw.

data

Forbes #1
I have replaced my TMSAW with QC (Quiet Confidence)...mostly because I don't know how to handle success.
Can't do QC. That's Quinthy.

Maybe SCIWS - Silent Chubbie in Work Slacks

Last edited:

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Texans/Raiders in Mexico City.

Everything looks hazy. Must be the pollution.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Remember when the idea was to sign Lamar Miller to be our RB?

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Clowney was a one man wrecking crew on that first series.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Checking out the Raiders OL. Supposedly they are threatening our's as the best in the sport.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Checking out the Raiders OL. Supposedly they are threatening our's as the best in the sport.
I was checking them out as well since I've heard people talk them up the last few weeks.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I was checking them out as well since I've heard people talk them up the last few weeks.
So far, I just don't see it. I know they did a good job against the Broncos, but they look good, not our level great.

Top Bottom