Week 11 Gameday Chatter | Ravens vs. Cowboys | 11/20/2016

dallen

Senior Tech
Even as off as Dak looked at the beginning of the game he still finished 27/36. That's pretty damn impressive.
He's had a couple games now where he struggled early and recovered. And not like a Romo recovery where he makes a couple crazy plays to get us back in the game. He's figured out what the defense is doing to disrupt him and adjusted. Very impressive

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Thanks for taking one for the team.

Didn't even have to read off a contrived prepared statement either. :art
Daaaaang. That's cold-blooded.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
He's had a couple games now where he struggled early and recovered. And not like a Romo recovery where he makes a couple crazy plays to get us back in the game. He's figured out what the defense is doing to disrupt him and adjusted. Very impressive
The slow starts have been a point of contention with me for several years. Even during the Romo years it seemed like we were usually a little slow getting out of the gate on offense.

It hasn't been as bad this year.

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member
The slow starts have been a point of contention with me for several years. Even during the Romo years it seemed like we were usually a little slow getting out of the gate on offense.

It hasn't been as bad this year.
Man, it is just so weird to read that. Going to be hard to get used to.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Joe Flacco after loss to Cowboys: We should beat this team

Posted by Josh Alper on November 20, 2016, 6:49 PM EST

The Ravens became the ninth straight team to lose to the Cowboys on Sunday when they saw a halftime tie turn into a two-touchdown Cowboy lead in the second half and failed to do enough to get back into the game.

A big part of the reason for the 27-17 loss was the disparity in time of possession in the second half. The Cowboys had the ball for more than 20 minutes on three scoring drives while the Ravens punted the ball away both times they had it in the third quarter. Despite those signs that the Cowboys were the better team on Sunday, Ravens quarterback Joe Flacco wasn’t so sure.

“We should beat this team,” Flacco said in his postgame press conference. “We should beat this team and I’m not kidding. … I felt like we should’ve scored a lot more points than we did today. There was obviously reasons for it, we’ll go back and look at the film because the reality of it is that we didn’t. But I feel we could have.”

Flacco said the offense isn’t able to put defenses on their heels enough with what they have, but it’s unlikely the team’s makeup is going to change. The Ravens have also already fired their offensive coordinator, so there’s only so much tweaking left to be done at this point in the season. That leaves it on the players on the field and they couldn’t do enough this weekend.
------------

:laff

Suck it, Flacco.

Hey Joe, no bitchassness.

Cotton

Staff member
Anthony Brown says he lost respect for Steve Smith Sr.

ESPN.com news services

Dallas Cowboys cornerback Anthony Brown says he got tired of hearing from Baltimore Ravens wide receiver Steve Smith Sr. during Sunday's 27-17 win.

"I had respect for him before the game, but after the game, I have no respect for him anymore," Brown said. "He's a real character, and I actually saw it for myself [Sunday]. I don't got nothing to say about Steve Smith."

"Coming into the game, they already told me what kind of player he was," Brown said. "But until you see it for yourself, then you're just, 'Calm down,' but it's hard because he keeps yapping after every play. It's kind of hard."

Smith caught eight passes for 99 yards in the Ravens' loss. He beat Brown for a touchdown in the fourth quarter and tallied his 1,000th career reception, but Smith called the accomplish "bittersweet."

"I'd give all that back to win, to be honest," said Smith, who now has 1,005 catches in his career.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Steve Smith's a talker and uses it to get under opponents' skin. I actually like players who are agitators. If I had the ability to play professional sports that's how I'd play.

I'm just glad Brown didn't stand in front of his locker rolling his neck and displaying female mannerisms while complaining about Smith. That in itself was a win for the youngster.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I found it interesting that the TV cameras really only showed Romo early in the game...and then pretty much ignored him the rest of the way.

Cotton

Staff member
I found it interesting that the TV cameras really only showed Romo early in the game...and then pretty much ignored him the rest of the way.
Yeah, you had to think they would make a huge deal out of it and pan to him numerous times. Especially when Dak was struggling early.

Cotton

Staff member

Carp

DCC 4Life
Steve Smith's a talker and uses it to get under opponents' skin. I actually like players who are agitators. If I had the ability to play professional sports that's how I'd play.

I'm just glad Brown didn't stand in front of his locker rolling his neck and displaying female mannerisms while complaining about Smith. That in itself was a win for the youngster.
Smith needs that fire to motivate him. He got a terrible penalty yesterday...something a vet should not do.

As an aside...Anthony Brown has been excellent this year. HIs tackling is impressive and the kid can cover.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Smith needs that fire to motivate him. He got a terrible penalty yesterday...something a vet should not do.

As an aside...Anthony Brown has been excellent this year. HIs tackling is impressive and the kid can cover.
Aside from Dak Prescott, Anthony Brown has been the biggest surprise of the Cowboys' draft, IMO.

Top Bottom