2016 POTUS Election Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jiggyfly

Banned
I am usually right however with what I Present because I don't rely on google for most of my information. You on the other hand can't make a statement without using someone else's verbiage from google and even then it's only those things that suit your agenda. You are closed minded, prejudicial, and intolerant of anyone or anything that doesn't fit your conceptions. You only response is a twisted version of something else in order to derail the commentary. In short I am always sorry I bother to communicate with you and hopefully I have learned my lesson.
You actually think this.:lol

I don't know what you rely on for information but acting like it's bad to use the internet to research information is mindboggling.

Hey everybody using google is somehow now a bad thing.

L.T. you are more delusional than I thought.

Please tell us what you rely on for information since the internet is is not a good source.:dunce

2233boys

Not So New Member
After Trumps Hamilton play comments, my worst fears for his administration are coming to fruition.

In Trumps America, we should hold our tongues and citizens don't the right to say a thing to our government officials. All over Social Media Trumtards were backing him on that. Thankfully the religious nutbag VP Elect didn't agree, but the Trumptards still persist in calling the Hamilton's Cast comments out of line. What country do I live in?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
After Trumps Hamilton play comments, my worst fears for his administration are coming to fruition.

In Trumps America, we should hold our tongues and citizens don't the right to say a thing to our government officials. All over Social Media Trumtards were backing him on that. Thankfully the religious nutbag VP Elect didn't agree, but the Trumptards still persist in calling the Hamilton's Cast comments out of line. What country do I live in?
You have the right to say whatever you want. But that doesn't mean you're free from criticism. If Trump says the cast should be thrown in jail for it, I'd be on your side. But part of the beauty of freedom of speech is that others are also free to express their displeasure with what you said and the fashion you did it in.

In my personal opinion there is an appropriate place and time for certain comments. But I also think Trump is blowing the thing out of proportion. I don't think Pence was "attacked" as he put it.

2233boys

Not So New Member
You have the right to say whatever you want. But that doesn't mean you're free from criticism. If Trump says the cast should be thrown in jail for it, I'd be on your side. But part of the beauty of freedom of speech is that others are also free to express their displeasure with what you said and the fashion you did it in.

In my personal opinion there is an appropriate place and time for certain comments. But I also think Trump is blowing the thing out of proportion. I don't think Pence was "attacked" as he put it.
I agree to an extent, but he and the Trumptards, have been saying fall in line, don't criticize the administration etc. Trump has attacked freedom of speech consistently and his supporters have followed suit, but teh second amendment Trumps all.

As to time and place, that was likely there only opportunity to have an audience with the administration. They play was over, and they were respectful in their comments. Much more respectful than I likely would be.

Kbrown

Not So New Member
I agree to an extent, but he and the Trumptards, have been saying fall in line, don't criticize the administration etc. Trump has attacked freedom of speech consistently and his supporters have followed suit, but teh second amendment Trumps all.

As to time and place, that was likely there only opportunity to have an audience with the administration. They play was over, and they were respectful in their comments. Much more respectful than I likely would be.
Trump has been an oaf, but if Obama had demanded an apology every time he was slighted in public, you would be waving a towel. Admit it.

2233boys

Not So New Member
Trump has been an oaf, but if Obama had demanded an apology every time he was slighted in public, you would be waving a towel. Admit it.
Obama was but GOP and Trump conveniently forget. I wouldn't, in fact I support protesting the president and trying to influence our politicians

townsend

Banned
Partisan politics is always going to have some people declaring victory for their team. I'm sure some people thought Trump won the presidential debates, or Tim Kaine won the VP debate, for that exact reason.

But I'd like to believe that if Obama had been so petty as to complain about his SNL portrayal, or someone courteously challenging his VP to represent them, I'd like to believe a lot of democrats would be embarrassed.

Part of what has set Obama apart is how frequently he's taken the high road when the peanut gallery, and his political opponents have crossed the line. That's what liberals are currently waiving the towel over.

townsend

Banned
As an aside Pence played this whole thing perfectly. I think he's terrible. But at least he's not an idiot. I'd be much happier if Trump was impeached, and Pence was president.

2233boys

Not So New Member
As an aside Pence played this whole thing perfectly. I think he's terrible. But at least he's not an idiot. I'd be much happier if Trump was impeached, and Pence was president.
Pence is just as dangerous. He has conviction. He is a religious zealot, no thanks.

townsend

Banned
Pence is just as dangerous. He has conviction. He is a religious zealot, no thanks.
Yeah, but he'd accept the outcome of the 2020 election if he lost, and wouldn't undermine diplomatic alliances vital to maintaining a our 70 year old nuclear armistice.

townsend

Banned
Like I said so many times, I would have been fighting for Dick Cheney if the other option was Trump.

Evil is still better than unstable.

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
Partisan politics is always going to have some people declaring victory for their team. I'm sure some people thought Trump won the presidential debates, or Tim Kaine won the VP debate, for that exact reason.

But I'd like to believe that if Obama had been so petty as to complain about his SNL portrayal, or someone courteously challenging his VP to represent them, I'd like to believe a lot of democrats would be embarrassed.

Part of what has set Obama apart is how frequently he's taken the high road when the peanut gallery, and his political opponents have crossed the line. That's what liberals are currently waiving the towel over.
Here is what I believe the problem is. Protests are legitimate ways to express your opinion and when peacefully done ion appropriate times and places they are perfectly acceptable. But, when someone goes to an entertainment venue to see a play or concert etc, it is highly inappropriate for the performers to stop down the event and specifically target someone for political comment. I wouldn't think it acceptable if a conservative performer did this to Obama either.
Get your whiney butt out there with the rest protesting an administration that hasn't even had an opportunity to do anything yet. Don't take the easy way out to grandstand.

And Obama had plenty of times when he didn't take the high road, plenty of times he should have reserved comment and plenty of times where he shouldn't have spoken at all.

2233boys

Not So New Member
Here is what I believe the problem is. Protests are legitimate ways to express your opinion and when peacefully done ion appropriate times and places they are perfectly acceptable.
I agree violence and rioting have no place, but who gets to decide when and where people get to exercise their first amendment rights? You? Trump? Screw that.

But, when someone goes to an entertainment venue to see a play or concert etc, it is highly inappropriate for the performers to stop down the event and specifically target someone for political comment.
It only bothers you because you support the candidate. If it were Obama being addressed the same way at a NASCAR race you wouldn't care. They were respectful, told the audience not to boo, and made a reasonable request.

I wouldn't think it acceptable if a conservative performer did this to Obama either.
I wouldn't have a problem with it. I wonder if they would be so diplomatic.

Get your whiney butt out there with the rest protesting an administration that hasn't even had an opportunity to do anything yet. Don't take the easy way out to grandstand.
Really you are crying about the VP elect being respectfully asked to represent all of America at the end of performance and you have the gall to say someone else is whining?

And Obama had plenty of times when he didn't take the high road, plenty of times he should have reserved comment and plenty of times where he shouldn't have spoken at all.
You are speaking in generalities, I am going to ask you to prove it. Show me when someone respectfully addressed him and he acted like Trump. I can show you multiple times when he wasn't treated as kindly and he acted with Dignity and respect. People like you would have lost your mind if he said anything remotely similar to what Trump said.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
Here is what I believe the problem is. Protests are legitimate ways to express your opinion and when peacefully done ion appropriate times and places they are perfectly acceptable. But, when someone goes to an entertainment venue to see a play or concert etc, it is highly inappropriate for the performers to stop down the event and specifically target someone for political comment. I wouldn't think it acceptable if a conservative performer did this to Obama either.

So protests are OK but only if they fit your personal opinion of what is appropriate? Sorry, doesn't work that way. It was peaceful, no one was hurt. Maybe some feelings but that's it. It was boos and some heckling.

Keep in mind that this was on Broadway in the theater. To say the gay population is well-represented there would be an understatement. Mike Pence is an Evangelical Christian who believes that gay conversion or 'reparative' therapy should be used to "cure" homosexuals. Do the math.

Last edited:

townsend

Banned
Pence is the guy who said you didn't have to sell gay people a cake either. Funny how conservatives are so worried about him being discriminated against by a private business.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom