Draft Poll

Draft Poll

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

lostxn

DCC 4Life
OK, ~3 weeks out, just curious what people prefer of our realistic draft targets:

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
We are in a no-man's land. It sucks.

Ridley. :yawnee

Vander Esch. :stop

Hernandez. :viking

Payne: :shrug

Moore: :meh

Evans: :budd

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Shit I thought it was who I thought Dallas would draft and not who I want them to draft. So I voted for Vander Esch who I think they will draft.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Not much separation between that group for me.

I don't want to give up a premium pick to move up but out of those choices I think it'd be for Roquan Smith.

Out of the guys at 19 I think I'd rank them Hernandez, Payne, Moore, Vander Esch, Ridley, Evans, but ask me tomorrow and you might get a completely different order.

The only thing I'm sure about with that group is Hernandez first and Evans last, the middle five could be grouped in just about any order.

lostxn

DCC 4Life
Not much separation between that group for me.

I don't want to give up a premium pick to move up but out of those choices I think it'd be for Roquan Smith.

Out of the guys at 19 I think I'd rank them Hernandez, Payne, Moore, Vander Esch, Ridley, Evans, but ask me tomorrow and you might get a completely different order.

The only thing I'm sure about with that group is Hernandez first and Evans last, the middle five could be grouped in just about any order.
You really want a guard? He's a really nice player but I don't think he makes this team a ton better. I will say we will likely play every offensive snap from the get-go so that's a plus.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
You really want a guard? He's a really nice player but I don't think he makes this team a ton better. I will say we will likely play every offensive snap from the get-go so that's a plus.
He's the guy I feel is most likely to be an All Pro caliber player so yes, but I wouldn't be upset if they decided to take someone like Vander Esch, Payne, or Moore over him if that's how it played out.

If a guy like Smith was available and they went with someone like Moore or Payne I'd be livid, but while I think Hernandez is the BPA out of those guys I don't have him so high above everyone else that I'd be upset if they went elsewhere. I'd be perfectly happy with Moore/Payne/Vander Esch, and I guess Ridley also although something about him just doesn't sit right with me.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
He's the guy I feel is most likely to be an All Pro caliber player so yes, but I wouldn't be upset if they decided to take someone like Vander Esch, Payne, or Moore over him if that's how it played out.

If a guy like Smith was available and they went with someone like Moore or Payne I'd be livid, but while I think Hernandez is the BPA out of those guys I don't have him so high above everyone else that I'd be upset if they went elsewhere. I'd be perfectly happy with Moore/Payne/Vander Esch, and I guess Ridley also although something about him just doesn't sit right with me.
Payne may be the one I want least of all of them. I don't like him as much as DTs who we could get much later. Evans is probably right next to him on my fuck no list.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
If we stand pat, Hernandez then Ridley or Vander Esch. Whichever of them happens to be available.

GShock

DCC 4Life
We are in a no-man's land. It sucks.

Ridley. :yawnee

Vander Esch. :stop

Hernandez. :viking

Payne: :shrug

Moore: :meh

Evans: :budd
Pretty much. The draft's depth at WR (and the time they typically take to develop), really makes me want to wait until the 3rd for one.

Ridley and Evans and Vander Esch are two sides of the athleticism coin for me. Concerned that Ridley and Evans are not athletic enough, and Vander Esch's athleticism hasn't translated to production as much as might be expected.

Payne is all potential with no track record of production.

Given what is likely to be left at that point, I would rather trade down, get our starting guard in the mid-20s, and get a pick we could package to move up later on.

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
I'd give a 3rd to get Vea, barring that I'd prefer Hernandez, Moore, Vander Esch, Riddley in that order.

lostxn

DCC 4Life
Pretty much. The draft's depth at WR (and the time they typically take to develop), really makes me want to wait until the 3rd for one.
A valid take.

Ridley and Evans and Vander Esch are two sides of the athleticism coin for me. Concerned that Ridley and Evans are not athletic enough, and Vander Esch's athleticism hasn't translated to production as much as might be expected.
This is pretty inaccurate.
Ridley is a 4.4 guy so he's plenty fast. Not a jumper though.
Evans is athletic as hell. His issue is he's a guesser and is often a beat slow to decide where he's going. His draft profile describes him as:
- Build like new breed of NFL linebackers
- Possesses good length and great speed
- Premium athlete with plus agility, range and explosiveness
Vander Esch had 141 tackles, 91 unassisted, 4 sacks, 2 picks. Productivity isn't even close to a problem for him. He's only a one year starter though. He also has some trouble working his way through trash. Last 1st round LBers aren't flawless.

Payne is all potential with no track record of production.
That's a bit much. He produced, he was second team all SEC with 53 tackles, one sack, one interception, three pass break-ups. He also was a total monster in the championship game. He was the defensive MVP (and the prior game as well). So he's not a bum but you could argue he has not been consistent throughout.

Given what is likely to be left at that point, I would rather trade down, get our starting guard in the mid-20s, and get a pick we could package to move up later on.
Not a bad approach.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Vander Esch was also the MWC DPOY, and Payne's game against Georgia wasn't just monstrous, it was like a damn highlight reel. His ability to rush the passer is more potential than production, although he is much quicker off the ball than I expected, but he is ready-made to dominate against the run and is certainly much more than just potential in that regard.

I've been saying for a while now though that trading down would be our best bet if we can do it, there are a bunch of guys I'd be happy with at 19 but none that I truly love. If we can pop down about 8-10 spots and grab an extra Day 2 pick I'd be very happy.

lostxn

DCC 4Life
Vander Esch was also the MWC DPOY, and Payne's game against Georgia wasn't just monstrous, it was like a damn highlight reel. His ability to rush the passer is more potential than production, although he is much quicker off the ball than I expected, but he is ready-made to dominate against the run and is certainly much more than just potential in that regard.

I've been saying for a while now though that trading down would be our best bet if we can do it, there are a bunch of guys I'd be happy with at 19 but none that I truly love. If we can pop down about 8-10 spots and grab an extra Day 2 pick I'd be very happy.
Who will people be dying to come up and get though? Probably not the guys we're targeting. Maybe Connor Williams or Mike McGlinchey? The QBs will be gone.

Top Bottom