Free Agent DE Kony Ealy To Visit Cowboys

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Combined 14 tackles and 1 sack last year.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
He'll save his best performances for all these Super Bowls we're getting ready to go to.

lostxn

DCC 4Life
Combined 14 tackles and 1 sack last year.
The Pats traded for him, then cut him last year. There has got to be some issues with that young man. Maybe he just sucks. If the Pats didn't want him, I think I'd trust their judgement.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
They tried to claim him last year after New England cut him. Also was a predraft visitor way back.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Poop player but don't care. Can't imagine he gets anything more than minimum if someone does sign him.

Couchcoach

DCC 4Life
The Pats traded for him, then cut him last year. There has got to be some issues with that young man. Maybe he just sucks. If the Pats didn't want him, I think I'd trust their judgement.
I was wondering if he was just a complete bust.
Gotta agree, if Belichic has no use for him I so no reason we should either.

midswat

... soon
Sure, Belichick can't get him to produce. My money says Garrett can, however.

When Garrett walks in the room, players face and listen to him.

p1_

DCC 4Life
He’ll sign with us.

lostxn

DCC 4Life

So true.

In all seriousness, he did have a hell fo a game in the Superbowl:

Panthers DE Kony Ealy makes history in Super Bowl 50

By Andie Hagemann NFL.com
Published: Feb. 8, 2016 at 05:31 p.m. Updated: Feb. 8, 2016 at 05:36 p.m.

Carolina Panthers defensive end Kony Ealy delivered arguably one of the best performances in Super Bowl history. However, in the aftermath of Super Bowl 50, the historic performance will serve as a small footnote in the team's 24-10 loss to the Denver Broncos.

In the Big Game, the second-year player registered three sacks. He's in good company; he's in a three-way tie for most sacks in a single Super Bowl (Arizona DT Darnell Dockett -- Super Bowl XLIII; Hall of Famer DE Reggie White -- Super Bowl XXXI).

Ealy intercepted Manning in the second quarter and forced a late fumble, keeping the Panthers within six and in contention for the Lombardi Trophy. The pick etched his name in the record books as he became the only player in Super Bowl history to record multiple sacks and an interception in the game.

What is remarkable,though, is Ealy only played 23 snaps with the Panthers' defense in the tilt. Despite his heroics, he saw limited action. During the regular season, started in nine games (He registered two starts in the Panthers' three postseason games).

If the Panthers pulled off a late-comeback victory over the Broncos, Ealy easily should have been awarded the game's MVP honor.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I was wondering if he was just a complete bust.
Gotta agree, if Belichic has no use for him I so no reason we should either.
The Patriots let plenty of talent slip through their hands for silly reasons. I don't think they are the brilliant talent evaluators people give them credit for. There defense is never really elite and they let pass rushers go left and right. Not to mention benching an elite corner for the Superbowl and letting him leave in free agency. A guy that may have made the difference in the Superbowl. But the fact that no one else is beating down the door for the guy tells me a lot more. He is a scrub that would be lucky to hang on to a bottom of the roster spot.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member

Its a process you bastard.

Top Bottom