QB Controversy Thread...

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
But the risk of doing that far outweighs the reward, with the gap between what Romo could bring and what Prescott does bring closing by the week. All of which led to Romo, who’d been quiet around the team, baring his soul Tuesday.
This is BS. Had it been Roethlisberger, Rodgers, Brady, or Brees no one would have questioned benching the rookie and re-starting the veteran.

There is literally 0 risk. Romo could do the short passing in his sleep. Romo would be better overall. If for some reason Romo fucks up, you still have Dak. He's lost nothing.

This is the best team by far that Dallas has fielded since 2007, maybe even 1995.

This is just about a lack of respect for Romo because "he" hasn't won anything, as if a QB ever wins anything by himself. But it's clear that's how people think, including it seems the Cowboys.

I can understand benching a recently recovered from elbow surgery Joe Montana for Steve Young. Steve Young proved for years he deserved a shot. But benching Romo for a rookie just goes to show the organization doesn't hold much respect for Romo.

Why? Romo's the NFL's second best all time passer with over 127 games started, not just 9, so it comes down to championships.

This team believes the bullshit, that Romo can't win a championship.

Jiggyfly

Banned
This is BS. Had it been Roethlisberger, Rodgers, Brady, or Brees no one would have questioned benching the rookie and re-starting the veteran.

There is literally 0 risk. Romo could do the short passing in his sleep. Romo would be better overall. If for some reason Romo fucks up, you still have Dak. He's lost nothing.

This is the best team by far that Dallas has fielded since 2007, maybe even 1995.

This is just about a lack of respect for Romo because "he" hasn't won anything, as if a QB ever wins anything by himself. But it's clear that's how people think, including it seems the Cowboys.

I can understand benching a recently recovered from elbow surgery Joe Montana for Steve Young. Steve Young proved for years he deserved a shot. But benching Romo for a rookie just goes to show the organization doesn't hold much respect for Romo.

Why? Romo's the NFL's second best all time passer with over 127 games started, not just 9, so it comes down to championships.

This team believes the bullshit, that Romo can't win a championship.
And if Romo had won a Superbowl like any of those guys or stayed healthy like any of those guys this would not be a debate, but guess what?

He hasn't and that's why this is happening.

Romo does not have the rings of those guys, the playoff record or the health, you cannot ignore that when making the comparisons.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
And if Romo had won a Superbowl like any of those guys or stayed healthy like any of those guys this would not be a debate, but guess what?

He hasn't and that's why this is happening.

Romo does not have the rings of those guys, the playoff record or the health, you cannot ignore that when making the comparisons.
It's stupid for a football decision to be made based upon whether or not a guy has won a Superbowl.

Just stupid.

End of story.

BTW, Dak hasn't won an f'ing thing either.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
It's stupid for a football decision to be made based upon whether or not a guy has won a Superbowl.

Just stupid.

End of story.

He has won more games in a row than Romo ever did. Just sayin'.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
He has won more games in a row than Romo ever did. Just sayin'.
Hey, he won more than Aikman ever did in a row. Too bad Dak wasn't on the 1992 team.

Seriously, the team has won these games, and the'd probably have gone 10-0 with Romo.

I'm not dissing Dak either. He's done way more than any bus-driver could. Romo is better.

The offense is elite. The weakest link is a RT who'd still start on almost every other team out there.

Cotton

Staff member
Hey, he won more than Aikman ever did in a row. Too bad Dak wasn't on the 1992 team.

Seriously, the team has won these games, and the'd probably have gone 10-0 with Romo.

I'm not dissing Dak either. He's done way more than any bus-driver could. Romo is better.

The offense is elite. The weakest link is a RT who'd still start on almost every other team out there.
I don't think anyone can definitively say this anymore. To do so is speculation at best at this point.

Jiggyfly

Banned

Just stupid.

End of story.

It's not just a Superbowl it's everything that went into getting to those Superbowl's as well, why not address that?

And you know that stuff about him not being as injury free as the other guys.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
I don't think anyone can definitively say this anymore. To do so is speculation at best at this point.
It's common sense. Dak has played well, but as a rookie he's going to have more uneven games no matter how good his supporting cast is.

To think he "just won't" is speculation.

I know Romo won't, especially since he's not starting the Sunday before Thanksgiving.

Cotton

Staff member
It's common sense. Dak has played well, but as a rookie he's going to have more uneven games no matter how good his supporting cast is.

To think he "just won't" is speculation.

I know Romo won't, especially since he's not starting the Sunday before Thanksgiving.
You are stating definitively that Romo won't have an "uneven" game? :lol What f'ing Romo have you been watching for 10 years?

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
You are stating definitively that Romo won't have an "uneven" game? :lol What f'ing Romo have you been watching for 10 years?
When Romo's back is right, he's golden. Romo has matured, and is very good.

Dak may one day be better and will probably mature faster than Romo, but Romo is better now.

Belichick lacked faith in Bledsoe QB'ing an offense lead by Antoin Smith, Troy Brown, and an average OL. Brady just fit better as he took fewer chances.

You don't have that situation at all in Dallas. All you have done is traded away experience and superior passing ability.

If Romo's health fails, you still have Dak.

Last edited:

Cotton

Staff member
When Romo's back is right, he's golden. Romo has matured, and is very good.
And has shown a history of really "uneven " games. Dak has thrown 2 INTs to 14 TDs. Romo has never even been able to sniff that percentage. And, you are really starting to fucking piss me off saying stupid shit like this. It causes me to look like I hate Romo, and I don't.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
And has shown a history of really "uneven " games. Dak has thrown 2 INTs to 14 TDs. Romo has never even been able to sniff that percentage. And, you are really starting to fucking piss me off saying stupid shit like this.
Not recently and not when healthy. And we've seen this pattern of pistol-offense young QB's with strong running games have average TD's to low INT numbers before. RG3 ring a bell?

You are saying that it's more likely a rookie won't make a mistake vs. Romo. You have more faith in Dak than Romo.

With this supporting cast... sorry, I don't see it.

It causes me to look like I hate Romo, and I don't.
Really, Iamtdg? That's really hard to tell given it took all of maybe a quarter of football for you to back Dak and bail on Romo.

You may not hate him, but you clearly blame him for the team's shortcomings. It's OK, but you need to realize it.

I mean, you're throwing Romo's early history at this when it has no bearing whatsoever.

It comes down to his back, and with Thanksgiving in less than a week that won't be an issue unless he's injured again.

In which case we have Dak.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
This is pointless. I believe very firmly that Romo is the better QB and they should have gone back to him.

But they didn't. The point is moot now.

I also firmly believe Dak has been playing extremely well and has a very bright future.

It's silly to keep beating our heads against the wall about it. Hopefully the team is proven right in their decision and we win the whole fucking thing.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

:lol

I put the odds of that at like 0%. I love Romo but his inconsistency almost guarantees we would have lost a game if he had started all 10 this season. It's ridiculous to think otherwise.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
This is pointless. I believe very firmly that Romo is the better QB and they should have gone back to him.

Should have? He hasn't been healthy enough to even be active yet. So either you think he should start against the Ravens or not.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are

I also firmly believe Dak has been playing extremely well and has a very bright future.

It's silly to keep beating our heads against the wall about it. Hopefully the team is proven right in their decision and we win the whole fucking thing.
But wait. This is a fan forum and you shouldn't try to limit or quell discussion. :tippytoe. I will catch flak over this I'm sure.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
And has shown a history of really "uneven " games. Dak has thrown 2 INTs to 14 TDs. Romo has never even been able to sniff that percentage. And, you are really starting to fucking piss me off saying stupid shit like this. It causes me to look like I hate Romo, and I don't.
Well duh, that's because this team is more talented then the 95 Cowboys... Romo has never been able to play with talent like this.

Well except he did, back in 2014.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
I put the odds of that at like 0%. I love Romo but his inconsistency almost guarantees we would have lost a game if he had started all 10 this season. It's ridiculous to think otherwise.
Another one who clearly lost faith in Romo along the way and was looking for anyone to replace him. I see now why so emphatic about Prescott since the first few games.

Romo wins that Giants game hands down. What's left?

What game does he lose? I feel there have been opportunities lost for several long stretches in Philly and again in Pittsburgh. Dak came through on that 3rd and 11 at Pitt, but I don't know if Romo's even in that situation.

You take Dak and put him on any other team, and there's no way he's 8-1. No way. He probably doesn't have a winning record.

Romo on another team is better than Dak is.

So why would Dak be better on the Cowboys? An offense Romo has been running for years and went 15-5 with to apparently end his career here.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Another one who clearly lost faith in Romo along the way and was looking for anyone to replace him. I see now why so emphatic about Prescott since the first few games.

Romo wins that Giants game hands down. What's left?

What game does he lose? I feel there have been opportunities lost for several long stretches in Philly and again in Pittsburgh. Dak came through on that 3rd and 11 at Pitt, but I don't know if Romo's even in that situation.
You forget how prone Romo is to having a stinker. He had an amazing 2014 season but check the 49ers game, Redskins game and first Philly game where Romo pulled out total stinkers. I love Romo but he is just prone to having a game like that every once in awhile. No way in hell he goes 10 games straight without a stinker.

Top Bottom