Tony Romo Press Conference

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
You keep bringing up rookie like it's some sort of a secret disability that will eventually destroy Dak. But what Dak has done as a QB is nothing short of great. Not just great for a rookie but great for any NFL QB. He is in the MVP discussion.
So was RG3 by Thanksgiving his rookie year. Dak's been great, but it will catch up with him. The pressure is going to increase each week moving forward. Why keep heaping that on a rookie when you have a perfectly capable veteran who's been a star performer and has been better in December and January than most?

By the way, I bet if the Saints went 8-1 with their backup they wouldn't even think about Brees going back in.
Payton starts Brees without thinking twice about it and no one would disagree.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Payton starts Brees without thinking twice about it and no one would disagree.
It's not true at all. The Saints wish they had a young option to clear off the cap of Drew Brees. Plus they don't win games with Brees, so um yeah, if they had a guy going 8-1 they would stick with them.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
So was RG3 by Thanksgiving his rookie year. Dak's been great, but it will catch up with him. The pressure is going to increase each week moving forward. Why keep heaping that on a rookie when you have a perfectly capable veteran who's been a star performer and has been better in December and January than most?
Jesus you have a wild imagination. What does RG3 have to do with Dak? They are totally different QBs in totally different situations.

p1_

DCC 4Life
so here it is. let's all simply watch Dak defy yet more odds this second half season. history will write itself and all our hand wringing will be prologue. Dak will lead us to the promised land, and only then will we entertain the that Tony Romo is the Danny White of the modern era Dallas Cowboys.

townsend

Banned
At this point there's no QB in this league I'd want under center more than Dak. He's perfect for the formula that's given us the best record in the league.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Jesus you have a wild imagination. What does RG3 have to do with Dak? They are totally different QBs in totally different situations.
They are both rookies playing pistol offenses behind the #1 rushing attack leading their division. Which happens to be the NFC East.

RG3 was 20 TDS to 4 picks that year.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
so here it is. let's all simply watch Dak defy yet more odds this second half season. history will write itself and all our hand wringing will be prologue. Dak will lead us to the promised land. only then will we entertain the Danny White of the modern era Dallas Cowboys.
Another Romo lover. So now he's Danny White.

It seems you want anyone but Romo. Guess some have had their hearts broken one too many times.

Dak's played well taking what the defense has given him. He's had a huge amount of time to throw and the best running game in the league.

Put him on any other team, there is NO WAY he is 8-1. He probably doesn't have a winning record.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Put him on any other team, there is NO WAY he is 8-1. He probably doesn't have a winning record.
So we are just so much better then EVERY OTHER nfl team that our starting QB couldn't even be above .500 anywhere else? Ok, you are now officially a troll on this.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Dak is the Cowboys future. I have wanted this organization to find Romo's replacement for a while myself. He has a limited ceiling as a matter of reality. Romo that is. The other side of the coin is he has something to contribute as well if needed. My primary concern is for him to be made ready to step up if Dak went down. It appears that is well underway and frankly I am a lot more comfortable about this teams capability to succeed on the offensive side of the ball.

It really doesn't matter now about whose team it is because when it all sifts out Dak will finish the year as the starter barring injury but if Romo sticks around there will be another season for heavy duty discussion in play.

It is going to be a hot potato to see how Jones deals with this circumstance since a great deal feels he has a deep loyalty to Romo.

townsend

Banned
It should be noted that we've been 8-1 with Romo, hell we were 12-1 with him in 2007 with a much weaker supporting cast on offense. So I think assuming Dak is better than Romo has ever been based on 9 games is premature.

Top Bottom