NBA Chatter Thread

Jiggyfly

Banned
Actually I read exactly what Phil Jackson said. And in no way was the term posse offensive. He was talking about Lebron making the Heat team stay over night in Cleveland so that he could spend time with his family and posse. If Lebron wants to be pissed, he should be pissed because Jackson was calling him out for being selfish and expecting special treatment. But instead he picked out the term posse and claimed that it's offensive when being used for a group of young black males.

So yeah Jiggy, I actually know what I'm talking about. Not sure you do.
Did you read what he said about Lebron's posse in his book?

Like I said this is deeper than this one incident.

Jiggyfly

Banned
It wasn't a split second thing...he did the same thing in his 2004 book as well. Pointing out that these guys are fetching him girls and cars.
Thanks for posting that, Phil knew exactly what he was doing.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
It's getting a little sickening to keep being told what and what not should you be offended about.
Yeah, maybe you should think about that before accusing people of being offensive.

We're tired of it too.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
They're boys, pretty sure most of Durant's response was in jest.

I also don't see anything wrong with calling someone a "posse", I get that it might be slightly disrespectful, but it's also just a word he used in a split second, it's not like it was some carefully crafted speech that he was giving. There's nothing inherent about the term "posse" that has anything to do with race, it's just an old-fashioned term used by an old guy to describe a group of young guys.
It's definitely disrespectful.

But its also what you call the social phenomenon of NBA hanger ons that Lebron employs.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Did you read what he said about Lebron's posse in his book?

Like I said this is deeper than this one incident.
So that still has zero indications about racism which is what James implied. All it says is that Phil things James has surrounded himself with people that could be harmful to him. And honestly I have no idea if that is the same group of people that he was referring to in both stories.

Jiggyfly

Banned
So that still has zero indications about racism which is what James implied. All it says is that Phil things James has surrounded himself with people that could be harmful to him. And honestly I have no idea if that is the same group of people that he was referring to in both stories.
Yes its the same people and that's why they are offended.

Seems you jumped in without knowing all of the details.

And Maverick Carter and Rich Paul both said they did not think he was racist so where is that coming from?

Last edited:

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yes its the same people and that's why they are offended.

Seems you jumped in without knowing all of the details.

And Maverick Carter and Rich Paul both said they did not think he was racist so where is that coming from?
Its coming from Lebron and Carter who both claimed it was. And what didn't I know? The Phil has used the term posse before? Well shit, I'm sure he has said the word posse 100's of times that neither of us are aware of. Who gives a shit.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Everybody in Lebron's posse are worth several millions and that money came from businesses they started.
Props to them but the article you posted sort of illustrates Schmittys point. They made their money off Lebron. Their marketing business was built for taking advantage of Lebron's popularity which existed from the NBA.

Now I don't know if they have made millions doing other things that didn't use James wealth and popularity and frankly I don't care. They are still James posse.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Its coming from Lebron and Carter who both claimed it was. And what didn't I know? The Phil has used the term posse before? Well shit, I'm sure he has said the word posse 100's of times that neither of us are aware of. Who gives a shit.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
"I don't care that he talks about LeBron," Maverick Carter told ESPN.com. "He could say he's not that good or the greatest in the world as a basketball player. I wouldn't care. It's the word 'posse' and the characterization I take offense to. If he would have said LeBron and his agent, LeBron and his business partners or LeBron and his friends, that's one thing. Yet because you're young and black, he can use that word. We're grown men."

------------------

He is the one who brought race into it. Looks like he is backing away from what he said now.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Sixers have won two in a row. :towel

When is the last time that happened?

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
How do you know you aren't in the game? :lol

Come on, JR.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Looks like Golden State and Houston played an instant classic last night. I’m going to have to watch the replay after work.

Apparently Draymond was back to his old ways……throwing kicks to Harden’s head.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Who would you take straight up?

Harden or Westbrook?
Obviously I'm biased but I think I'd give Westbrook the slight edge. I feel like he'd give me a little more all around.

Plus I love having a guy on the team who plays every game as if it's Game 7 of the Finals. Doesn't matter if he's playing the Warriors in May or Utah in November.....Westbrook is going to give you max effort every time he steps on the floor.

I now get why Iverson was so beloved in Philly. That kind of effort is a throwback. You don't see it very often; especially in this era where stars are sitting out random games for rest.

dallen

Senior Tech
So when is the NBA preseason over?

Top Bottom