MLB Chatter Thread

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
:wave

Two one-run losses and two ass whippings for a split.

I'll take it.

The pitching was outstanding the last two days for you. I will actually take a spllit in Minnesota because with the exception of last season we stink there.

Rev

Staff member
Josh Hamilton had an interesting day at Oakland yesterday. First trip back there since he basically handed them the division and they gave him a standing ovation. Also they tossed him candy. Butterfinger candy bars. That must have riled him up because he proceeded to only strikeout 3 times while going 0-8 in their 19 inning game.

That guy is making the Rangers look smarter each day. Almost wished he would have gone to Tampa to sink that franchise..... j/k.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Oh and snap.

D

Deuce

Josh Hamilton had an interesting day at Oakland yesterday. First trip back there since he basically handed them the division and they gave him a standing ovation. Also they tossed him candy. Butterfinger candy bars. That must have riled him up because he proceeded to only strikeout 3 times while going 0-8 in their 19 inning game.

That guy is making the Rangers look smarter each day. Almost wished he would have gone to Tampa to sink that franchise..... j/k.
I wish he would have come to Tampa too.

Rev

Staff member
I wish he would have come to Tampa too.
And he would do the same thing there that he is doing with the angels. He is too arrogant to do anything else if you think your coaching staff is going to change him.

D

Deuce

And he would do the same thing there that he is doing with the angels. He is too arrogant to do anything else if you think your coaching staff is going to change him.
Maddon can get to anyone. He's the closest thing MLB has to a Zen Master like Phil Jackson. Scioscia hasn't done much since he left other than be an average team with a high payroll and underachieving talent.

Rev

Staff member
Maddon can get to anyone. He's the closest thing MLB has to a Zen Master like Phil Jackson. Scioscia hasn't done much since he left other than be an average team with a high payroll and underachieving talent.
I just don't think he will listen. If we have heard his faults then you know coaches, owners, and players have as well. Still nothing has changed with him. Swinging at the same pitches. Giving up at bats. Not studying pitchers. Fielding issues. Maddon is probably my favorite manager but I don't think he can even get to Josh.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester

:laff

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
ESPNDallas ‏@ESPNDallas 30m
Roy Oswalt reaches minor-league deal with Colorado Rockies http://es.pn/1102cLM

How the mighty have fallen.

Did he have a run of injuries or something?

dallen

Senior Tech

The Rangers were ripped pretty hard for letting Hamilton, CJ Wilson, Justin Smoak, Cliff Lee, but it looks like they made the right call each time. Lee is still a hard one, but Darvish has been just as good or better and is younger and cheaper. About the only guy I wish they would have held on to is Mike Napoli

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
The Rangers were ripped pretty hard for letting Hamilton, CJ Wilson, Justin Smoak, Cliff Lee, but it looks like they made the right call each time. Lee is still a hard one, but Darvish has been just as good or better and is younger and cheaper. About the only guy I wish they would have held on to is Mike Napoli
Napoli is definitely a guy that they miss.

He's playing very well for Boston right now.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
I don't blame them for letting Hamilton go, but I could not understand why in the world they did not get a trade done for Justin Upton. Because why again? They didn't want to give up Elvis Andrus? Really? When they have Profar stuck in the minors because they have no place to play him? Seems like a good plan. :unsure

Yes, I realize they're currently in first place without Hamilton or Upton but they failed to greatly improve their team by bringing in one of the top young talents in baseball when they could have gotten it done. I also wonder how they're feeling about giving up on Chris Davis right about now.

Carp

DCC 4Life
The Mets could have had Upton for Wheeler...which looks bad now. We badly need an OF and he would be under control for a long time. I get holding on to Wheeler, but we need a dynamic talent like Upton to pair with Wright. Duda and Davis are just not good enough.

D

Deuce

The Mets could have had Upton for Wheeler...which looks bad now. We badly need an OF and he would be under control for a long time. I get holding on to Wheeler, but we need a dynamic talent like Upton to pair with Wright. Duda and Davis are just not good enough.
Wheeler is the kind of high end pitching prospect that usually is given for a guy like Price. You ready to do a Victor Zambrano trade part 2?

Rev

Staff member
I don't blame them for letting Hamilton go, but I could not understand why in the world they did not get a trade done for Justin Upton. Because why again? They didn't want to give up Elvis Andrus? Really? When they have Profar stuck in the minors because they have no place to play him? Seems like a good plan. :unsure

Yes, I realize they're currently in first place without Hamilton or Upton but they failed to greatly improve their team by bringing in one of the top young talents in baseball when they could have gotten it done. I also wonder how they're feeling about giving up on Chris Davis right about now.
Chris Davis now is hard to take. Chris Davis when they had him was easy to see why they let him go. Wash always thought they rushed him to the majors too soon. I like the guy and glad he discovered himself but the Rangers had to do something with him. He had 3 shots with the team and maybe this experience will help the Rangers in not rushing the talent up before they are ready.

Hated losing Lee but if we signed him I don't think they are able to sign Yu. I do wish they would have been able to sign Napoli.

As far as Upton I got nothing....

dallen

Senior Tech

Yeah, it is hard, but he had plenty of chances to produce here. Eventually you have to move on

Rev

Staff member
Once at the beginning. After that he is not a Ranger anymore. Won't boo but just quietly hope they get him out.

EZ22

The One Who Knocks
Yu Darvish is so good... team has lost 4 out of last 5 though, not good.

Bob Roberts

Professor StinkFinger
Hamilton's gotta be hitting the pipe again. And that Pooholes contract only has 8 more years to go!

Top Bottom