2016 POTUS Election Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I understand the change message. I really do.

But in the same aspect, I don't think people truly understood what that meant.

He has some outsiders, but some of his choices for his advisors and cabinet are ridiculously bad.
I wasn't aware anyone has been seated in a cabinet position. I am aware that a Chief of Staff has been appointed and a controversial choice of Chief advisor but that's the extent I am aware.

Jiggyfly

Banned
I think you would be shocked now he has won. People that were completely silent about him before are now strutting about.

Perfect example today. Had some 2nd shift maintenance guys come in and our latino LP agent said "Nice day today" to one as he went through the metal detector.

This yahoo actually responded, "Yeah it is a great day now that Trump is in charge. Yeah. Now the Supreme Court is next!" and he did a fist pump, plus bit his lip which meant it was serious.

This guy is pretty much Joe Six Pack from rural SC. Shocking.
It's going to be interesting couple of years.

Can't wait to see what Trump's 1st actually policy initiative will be.

A whole lot of chest thumping going on.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I wasn't aware anyone has been seated in a cabinet position. I am aware that a Chief of Staff has been appointed and a controversial choice of Chief advisor but that's the extent I am aware.
So yeah, not off to a good start. If the rumors indicate what he will do, we are in for a horror show.

But hey, wait and see. :art

Just hope you see when that time comes.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
He has already put Christie in time out, and Pence, who is way more far right than a lot of people want to discuss is running the transition team.

This is important.

Pence might be our President sooner than we all think. Trump's business interests and other flaws might cause an impeachment during his term.

This is a volatile situation.

I just hope he proves to be far more pragmatic than anyone realized.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
I understand the change message. I really do.

But in the same aspect, I don't think people truly understood what that meant.

He has some outsiders, but some of his choices for his advisors and cabinet are ridiculously bad.
I was pinning my hopes on a good cabinet. It seems he doesn't listen to people well so even with a good cabinet I don't know if it would help.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
It's going to be interesting couple of years.

Can't wait to see what Trump's 1st actually policy initiative will be.

A whole lot of chest thumping going on.
Don't worry, he's going to fix everything...it is going to instant and yuge.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I was pinning my hopes on a good cabinet. It seems he doesn't listen to people well so even with a good cabinet I don't know if it would help.
Me too.

But when I see what he has done so far and is rumored to do going forward, the more concerning it becomes.

It is one thing for him to be the crude underqualified shoot you the middle finger asshole, it is worse when his advisors are not exactly even-minded, qualified or clean either.

What is interesting how the GOP is behaving right now. They don't know what to make of it.

We already have Rand Paul threatening to lead a block to battle some of his initiatives and Ryan is pretty much standing back and evaluating.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Me too.

But when I see what he has done so far and is rumored to do going forward, the more concerning it becomes.

It is one thing for him to be the crude underqualified shoot you the middle finger asshole, it is worse when his advisors are not exactly even-minded, qualified or clean either.

What is interesting how the GOP is behaving right now. They don't know what to make of it.

We already have Rand Paul threatening to lead a block to battle some of his initiatives and Ryan is pretty much standing back and evaluating.
Everyone is going to have to wait and see because very little has been disclosed to this point. It's all been speculation and conjecture by the media and columnist.

Last edited:

Jiggyfly

Banned
Everyone is going to have to wait and see because very little has been disclosed to this point. It's all been speculation and conjecture by the media and columnist.
There is no speculation about him appointing the Breitbart guy or trying to get security clearance for his son in law.

Are you going to address any of the actual facts about Trump or just continue with acting like nobody can connect any of the dots.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
There is no speculation about him appointing the Breitbart guy or trying to get security clearance for his son in law.

Are you going to address any of the actual facts about Trump or just continue with acting like nobody can connect any of the dots.
He denied the son in law thing I believe.

As for the Breitbart guy, well, I guess we need to wait and see.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
I am far from plugged in to the political scene but when I read articles not from the Huffington Post but rather the conservative National Review saying that it should be 'a source of grave concern' that Bannon has Trump's ear, I take notice.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are

I have already addressed the chief advisor position and do you have a source that confirms a request for the son in law. Even if that is the case it doesn't mean he will be appointed to a cabinet position. It could be for many other reasons. I will address facts when they become facts. Unlike you who has already jumped the gun.

Last edited:

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
There are ideas he put out that many agree with. Strong borders, conservative justices, lower taxes etc. Yeah, he put his foot in his mouth on more than one occasion. But let's be honest, It wasn't as if Hillary "Was in no ways tired! and didn't do the same. It was just never drilled on by the media as his mistakes were. I think that is also one of the things people began to see is that the media so wanted her to win they were ginning up the poles even on election night how Trump didn't stand a chance. But frankly she is just unlikable and dishonest and acted as if she were entitled to the presidency. I'm glad Trump beat her and pray he does many of the things he says he will do, and tempers the rest with good people around him.

2233boys

Not So New Member
Setting aside laughing at Democrats like Townsend, who are stupid, it's now time to shift gears and start talking about, yes, Donald Trump could very well be a disaster.

I don't buy for a second the left hate-rhetoric about Bannon being a white supremacist, but once we've disposed of their kookiness.... really? The head of Breitbart for chief advisor? Now I'm hearing Laura Ingraham will have some cabinet role? John Bolton? Newt Gingrich? Sarah Palin as Secretary of the Interior?

This wouldn't be an administration of Washington outsiders, its an administration of Washington rejects and talk show personalities, none of whom will have any idea how to work together. Why not bring in various CEOs, Republican state officials who maybe haven't served in Washington before, and some center Democrats and Libertarians to shake up the "swamp"?

Trump would be better served just marketing a Mike Pence presidency with the Trump brand. Unless these are all Pence picks but I doubt it. Some of these names are either cast offs who haven't been relevant in a generation or two (Palin, Gingrich, Bolton) or are just inflammatory reality show stars. Why not Karl Rove and Rush Limbaugh??

I sure hope Paul Ryan runs this show from behind the scenes and just browbeats Trump into signing what comes across his desk because otherwise this doesn't look like it's a group of people with a coherent objective.
You rather that? A religious Zealot, F**k that. I'd rather the retard Trump make all the calls and let the chips fall where they may. Should be good comedy at least.

2233boys

Not So New Member
Who is actually glad that Trump, specifically, is president? I understand that people voted for him for various reasons: they are conservative and wanted someone with a (R) next to their name as president, or they loathe Hillary Clinton, or whatever. I get that. What I mean is, is there anyone here that is legitimately happy that it is Donald F'ing Trump who is the leader/face of this country? That particular man, Donald Trump. Who here is like "Yeah, that's my guy. This is exactly the guy who should be leading this country."?
Not me he is an embarrassment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom