Remainder of the season

stubbie

Not So New Member
Looking at the remaining schedule, all of the Boys games are ones they should/could win. I just feel they will lose one or maybe even two more. What games scare you? I'm thinking they fall short in a division game. Redskins on Thanksgiving (because that is the one that will piss me off the most) or the last game vs the Eagles are the ones that I think will get them. Thoughts?

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
You can never take anything for granted, and that's why predicting an NFL schedule is so difficult.

The Cowboys are clearly the best team in the NFC and should be favored in every single game from here on out, but that doesn't mean they'll win them all.

To answer your question, the most difficult games on the schedule IMO are all the division games.

Home for Washington and @NYG and @Philly are all very tough games.

At Minnesota looks easier by the week, and it's hard to see them losing at Tampa Bay.

If they take care of business vs Baltimore and they find a way to win a tough game vs the Redskins on Thanksgiving, my guess is that we win the division with 2 weeks to go. But lose any of the next 2 games, and it'll make for a tough December where we'll have to grind out some wins.

Newt

DCC 4Life
Tampa actual scares me a little, Mike Evans can torch a defense and we still haven't been able to get consistent pressure on a QB. Winston can avoid what little pressure we provide and have a big day.

dallen

Senior Tech
We should be favored in every game the rest of the regular season.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
18-1

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Tampa actual scares me a little, Mike Evans can torch a defense and we still haven't been able to get consistent pressure on a QB. Winston can avoid what little pressure we provide and have a big day.
They scare me none at all. They have no ability to slowly work their way down the field and we are great at taking away the big play. And then obviously there defense is just pathetic so we will score and we will score probably easily.

Newt

DCC 4Life
They scare me none at all. They have no ability to slowly work their way down the field and we are great at taking away the big play. And then obviously there defense is just pathetic so we will score and we will score probably easily.
That's doesn't bother you at all? I can't be the only one still waiting on the other shoe to drop.... Am I? I mean, don't get me wrong, I love this, but eventually something bad is going to happen and I can see it being one of these "trap" games where we get exposed defensively and contained just enough on offense to lose.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
That's doesn't bother you at all? I can't be the only one still waiting on the other shoe to drop.... Am I? I mean, don't get me wrong, I love this, but eventually something bad is going to happen and I can see it being one of these "trap" games where we get exposed defensively and contained just enough on offense to lose.
Again Trap games don't worry me. Not with Dak and Zeke who are new to the NFL and every game sort of seems like a big deal to them.

Eventually we will get beat again during the regular season but I expect it to be against a team like the Giants, Eagles or Skins. All very good teams this season. Not Tampa who is shit.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Again Trap games don't worry me. Not with Dak and Zeke who are new to the NFL and every game sort of seems like a big deal to them.

Eventually we will get beat again during the regular season but I expect it to be against a team like the Giants, Eagles or Skins. All very good teams this season. Not Tampa who is shit.
Agreed.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member

Jiggyfly

Banned
Yeah I am with you on that.

This last game alleviated a little fear but I think there could be a couple stinkers left.

data

Forbes #1
Not scared, but the most important game is at NYG due to tiebreaker.

Joe Fan

Brand New Member
Not scared, but the most important game is at NYG due to tiebreaker.
Exactly. I still can't believe we lost to them. I can't wait for us to get some revenge against them.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Exactly. I still can't believe we lost to them. I can't wait for us to get some revenge against them.
We were staring two rookies on offense. If they are expexting the same Zeke and Dak they are sadly mistaken. Both players have grown leaps and bounds. I bet we run over them this time.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
We were staring two rookies on offense. If they are expexting the same Zeke and Dak they are sadly mistaken. Both players have grown leaps and bounds. I bet we run over them this time.
I expect a better effort on the ground as well. That first game Zeke was feeling his way through the offense due to his limited playing time in the preseason. Remember he showed very little patience back in week 1. He was in too much of a rush and didn't give his blockers the proper time to set their blocks.

So they'll be getting a completely different Zeke this time around.

Plus the Giants haven't been overly impressive. One thing you can say about the Cowboys is that they normally put marginal teams away with relative ease. Meanwhile the Giants struggle to get by marginal teams like the Rams, Bengals, and Saints.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
They have both improved, though I am becoming concenred about the defense.

townsend

Banned
Thanksgiving seems to be the big upset I'd be waiting for. Seems like we always drop at least one to the skins when we're good.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Thanksgiving seems to be the big upset I'd be waiting for. Seems like we always drop at least one to the skins when we're good.
They have improved offensively, and again I'm concerned about our defense.

I'd like to see more Morris for sure and maybe capitalize on that playing-his-old-team motivation. Zeke has to get a break here.

Top Bottom