2016 POTUS Election Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

townsend

Banned
:lol

You obviously don't know me at all.
I assume you did not like the Bush administration. Like most libertarians.

But you just said you wanted a dummy rubberstamping whatever the republicans wanted, which is exactly what the Bush administration was.

townsend

Banned
Being wrong has just made him more bitter and hate filled.
You're God Damned right I am.

I'm not wrong about the person Trump is. I was wrong about the country's ability to see it, or at least care. That deserves some bitterness and some hate.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I watch all this protest movement and the potential harm being created by the violence and blocking main artery transportation highways and it appears that these folks are doing what they accuse the Trump supporters of being. What an irony.

Smitty

DCC 4Life

I'm not wrong about the person Trump is. I was wrong about the country's ability to see it, or at least care. That deserves some bitterness and some hate.
~shoves fingers in ears~

I can't hear you I can't hear you!!!!

No respect for this guy's opinion anymore. He's wrong, instead of being a man about it he acts like a three year old and tells us the right response is hate.

Love trumps hate though!

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
~shoves fingers in ears~

I can't hear you I can't hear you!!!!

No respect for this guy's opinion anymore. He's wrong, instead of being a man about it he acts like a three year old and tells us the right response is hate.

Love trumps hate though!
Pretty much.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
I met a new customer of mine yesterday and had the oddest experience. This dude is an immigrant from Pakistan, devout Muslim and Trump lover. He told me he doesn't want any Fing Mexicans on his job because they will take your money. He straight up said he hates Mexicans and said I couldn't bring them on his job site. Haha good luck with that, buddy. You live in SA...

"F Mexicans! That's why I voted for Trump, you bastards!"

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
I met a new customer of mine yesterday and had the oddest experience. This dude is an immigrant from Pakistan, devout Muslim and Trump lover. He told me he doesn't want any Fing Mexicans on his job because they will take your money. He straight up said he hates Mexicans and said I couldn't bring them on his job site. Haha good luck with that, buddy. You live in SA...

Interesting that you say that because I had a sort of similar experience this summer. I went into the liquor store for beer a couple times while I was in the small town in central Illinois where I grew up and it is owned by a Pakistani guy now. Through conversation he realized I live in Texas and he started going on about how he could never live in Texas because of all the Mexicans, that his friends and family in Texas couldn't stand Mexicans, and how it must be really shitty for me to have to deal with being surrounded by them. He backed off and changed his tune pretty quickly when I said no, it isn't a problem for me at all and asked what specifically was his big problem with them. It turned quickly into well, it was mostly just his friends and family that has to deal with them all the time that had the problem, not him. Whatever, man. You don't launch into a speech about how Mexicans are the scourge of the land unless you personally have a big problem with them. Maybe this is a common attitude among Middle Eastern immigrants, I don't know.

Last edited:

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Interesting that you say that because I had a sort of similar experience this summer. I went into the liquor store for beer a couple times while I was in the small town in central Illinois where I grew up and it is owned by a Pakistani guy now. Through conversation he realized I live in Texas and he started going on about how he could never live in Texas because of all the Mexicans, that his friends and family in Texas couldn't stand Mexicans, and how it must be really shitty for me to have to deal with being surrounded by them. He backed off and changed his tune pretty quickly when I said no, it isn't a problem for me at all and asked what specifically was his big problem with them. It turned quickly into well, it was mostly just his friends and family that has to deal with them all the time that had the problem, not him. Whatever, man. You don't launch into a speech about how Mexicans are the scourge of the land unless you personally have a big problem with them. Maybe this is a common attitude among Middle Eastern immigrants, I don't know.

He said he trusted me because I''m white. That made me laugh internally knowing the circumstances.

Last edited:

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
They might assume that all white people hate Mexicans and want to get saddled up with you against them.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Setting aside laughing at Democrats like Townsend, who are stupid, it's now time to shift gears and start talking about, yes, Donald Trump could very well be a disaster.

I don't buy for a second the left hate-rhetoric about Bannon being a white supremacist, but once we've disposed of their kookiness.... really? The head of Breitbart for chief advisor? Now I'm hearing Laura Ingraham will have some cabinet role? John Bolton? Newt Gingrich? Sarah Palin as Secretary of the Interior?

This wouldn't be an administration of Washington outsiders, its an administration of Washington rejects and talk show personalities, none of whom will have any idea how to work together. Why not bring in various CEOs, Republican state officials who maybe haven't served in Washington before, and some center Democrats and Libertarians to shake up the "swamp"?

Trump would be better served just marketing a Mike Pence presidency with the Trump brand. Unless these are all Pence picks but I doubt it. Some of these names are either cast offs who haven't been relevant in a generation or two (Palin, Gingrich, Bolton) or are just inflammatory reality show stars. Why not Karl Rove and Rush Limbaugh??

I sure hope Paul Ryan runs this show from behind the scenes and just browbeats Trump into signing what comes across his desk because otherwise this doesn't look like it's a group of people with a coherent objective.

Kbrown

Not So New Member
Setting aside laughing at Democrats like Townsend, who are stupid, it's now time to shift gears and start talking about, yes, Donald Trump could very well be a disaster.

I don't buy for a second the left hate-rhetoric about Bannon being a white supremacist, but once we've disposed of their kookiness.... really? The head of Breitbart for chief advisor? Now I'm hearing Laura Ingraham will have some cabinet role? John Bolton? Newt Gingrich? Sarah Palin as Secretary of the Interior?

This wouldn't be an administration of Washington outsiders, its an administration of Washington rejects and talk show personalities, none of whom will have any idea how to work together. Why not bring in various CEOs, Republican state officials who maybe haven't served in Washington before, and some center Democrats and Libertarians to shake up the "swamp"?

Trump would be better served just marketing a Mike Pence presidency with the Trump brand. Unless these are all Pence picks but I doubt it. Some of these names are either cast offs who haven't been relevant in a generation or two (Palin, Gingrich, Bolton) or are just inflammatory reality show stars. Why not Karl Rove and Rush Limbaugh??

I sure hope Paul Ryan runs this show from behind the scenes and just browbeats Trump into signing what comes across his desk because otherwise this doesn't look like it's a group of people with a coherent objective.
To me, Bolton as Secretary of State would be a huge signal that there will be very little change in our world-policing foreign policy. He would have been right at home in a Clinton administration.

Jiggyfly

Banned

They saw it, they just did no care.

I just am in amazement at the hypocrisy.

We have had several decades of the republican party wailing about identity politics and calling yourself a victim, fast forward to 2016 and here we are.:lol

Jiggyfly

Banned

Not surprised Pakistanis have a very rigid caste system and its easy to translate that to others in the U.S.

Jiggyfly

Banned

My thoughts exactly?

I wondered if everybody was just going t roll over for all of this, that's why I asked you how could you be on board with the way things are shaking out.

Jiggyfly

Banned
To me, Bolton as Secretary of State would be a huge signal that there will be very little change in our world-policing foreign policy. He would have been right at home in a Clinton administration.
At home?

Come on K, Bolton is much more of a hawk than Clinton, he would make Cheney blush.

I get it you don't like Hillary's track record on national defense but Bolton is on a whole other level.

Kbrown

Not So New Member
At home?

Come on K, Bolton is much more of a hawk than Clinton, he would make Cheney blush.

I get it you don't like Hillary's track record on national defense but Bolton is on a whole other level.
The only significant difference I see is that Bolton is fairly antagonistic toward the UN. Perhaps he would be less antagonistic toward Russia.

The rest, like a tendency toward military interventionism and nation-building, is very similar. Different sides, same coin.

It is baffling to me that Democrats who had such a problem with neo-cons and the PNAC circa 2004 are comfortable with Clintonian foreign policy. I guess it has to do with all the lip service toward global good will and world citizenship?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom