Dak Prescott Viewed on the All-22

hstour

Brand New Member
Check out Joey Ickes All-22 coverage of every Prescott drop back.

https://twitter.com/JoeyIckes

At this point, it's about 6 hours ago.

I'm not saying Dak is bad, just that he is a rookie and still needs to learn.

I hope that Tony stays around and helps teach him.

He could accelerate Dak's learning process.

Hawkeye19

Brand New Member

Sure-- he still needs to learn, and yes he has benefitted from having a great offense around him. But he has a three things you can't teach 1) leadership 2) ice cold veins 3) competitive drive and the will to win.

The kid will improve over time just like any rookie. But if he is going 8-1 with "training wheels" on-- what is he going to do when it all clicks and the game slows down for him?

Jiggyfly

Banned

Did he sound like he wanted to stick around and help yesterday?

And Dak is a rookie who has only played 9 games how does his 22 stack up to Wentz or even better Cousins?

It's easy to nitpick an ALL-22 but he is evidently doing much more bad than good.

Why even inject bad into the conversation?

Jiggyfly

Banned

Bad ball placement and no anticipation?:lol

What the hell is he watching?

Did he not see that critical 3rd down pass to Witten or the skinny post to Dez.

That post alone loses him almost any credibility.

Jiggyfly

Banned

And his agenda is now plain to see.:lol

Jiggyfly

Banned
So where is the actual link to his breakdown?

I just get his twitter feed.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Ok just what I thought, off platform throw.:lol

He was getting freakin pressure off the edge.:picard

Joe Fan

Brand New Member
Ok just what I thought, off platform throw.:lol

He was getting freakin pressure off the edge.:picard

You've like apparently never like watched tape and stuff. [/JoeyIckes]

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
:lol

What a clown.

Does Dak need to work on his mechanics? Yes.

Everyone can see that he still needs to work on his footwork and things like that, but this guy acts like hes Brock Osweiler or something and every week is a struggle to hit 100 yards.

His agenda is clear as day to see. He's either a Cowboy hate or a Romo fan and he's trying desperately to downplay how successful Dak has been.

Just flush this nonsense down the toilet where it belongs.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself

And his agenda is now plain to see.:lol
I agree with him on that.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I agree with him on that.
You agree with him on that "how illogical this is..." comment?

How so? Because I clicked on that link and I can't see what he's referring to.

If he's talking about the decision to go with Dak, then he couldn't be more wrong when he deems that decision as being illogical.

Dak has played a huge role in the team getting their first 8 game winning streak since 1977, and he's done so by playing very good football. You can't just take a guy out when you're on that kind of run, especially when it's for an injury-prone QB who hasn't played 2 full consecutive games of football in 2 years.

We're not talking about a 28 year old elite QB in his prime here.

There is nothing illogical about that decision, and only someone who blindly favors Romo would believe that.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
The best QB on this roster is QB2, and that's illogical.

You are blindly following Dak if you don't understand or acknowledge that.

There are reasons to stay with Dak, but him being better than Romo is not one of those reasons.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
The best QB on this roster is QB2, and that's illogical.

You are blindly following Dak if you don't understand or acknowledge that.

There are reasons to stay with Dak, but him being better than Romo is not one of those reasons.
But I don't think we know that, Geng.

Tony Romo 2014? Sure, he's absolutely the better player. But right now, we do not know what Tony Romo can do and how long he can last doing it due to the susceptibility to injuries that he has shown over the last few years.

And again, there is nothing illogical over choosing to stay with a hot hand who is contributing mightily to your winning ways over the guy who theoretically may be the better player. Dak may not be carrying the team, but he's no bus driver either.

I'd venture to say that most teams in this exact same situation would make this same choice.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Tony Romo 2014? Sure, he's absolutely the better player.
I'm honestly not so sure about that anymore. I guess it depends on what you value in a QB. But Romo has never won 8 games in a row.

To me they are very different QBs. Romo is a gun slinger and he is a better gun slinger then Dak (2014 Romo atleast). But Dak is a scrambling, protect the ball, clutch QB. Which he is better at right now then Romo was in 2014. For this 2016 team, Dak's qualities are just a better fit. If you want to control the ball, drain the clock and beat the other team up, Dak just fits better.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Ickes has been solidly on the Romo side of the debate the entire season. And, I almost unfollowed him yesterday when he kept nitpicking every single pass in his "breakdown". You could do that with every QB to have ever played this game to try and prove a point. The overarching point that he and others won't recognize is that Dak does a whole helluva lot more good than bad.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Ickes has been solidly on the Romo side of the debate the entire season. And, I almost unfollowed him yesterday when he kept nitpicking every single pass in his "breakdown". You could do that with every QB to have ever played this game to try and prove a point. The overarching point that he and others won't recognize is that Dak does a whole helluva lot more good than bad.
You don't have the second best QBR in the NFL after 9 games if you are bad.

Hoffa

DCC 4Life
But I don't think we know that, Geng.

Tony Romo 2014? Sure, he's absolutely the better player. But right now, we do not know what Tony Romo can do and how long he can last doing it due to the susceptibility to injuries that he has shown over the last few years.

And again, there is nothing illogical over choosing to stay with a hot hand who is contributing mightily to your winning ways over the guy who theoretically may be the better player. Dak may not be carrying the team, but he's no bus driver either.

I'd venture to say that most teams in this exact same situation would make this same choice.
That's my thing. The Tony Romo that is better than this version of Dak Prescott hasn't stepped on a football field in nearly two years. The guy we saw last year? I'll take Dak.

Top Bottom