One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Welp, there goes Hurns.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I will be god-damned if this isn't the height of efficiency right here.

Deonte Thompson and Joe Thomas for about $5 million or Tyrann Mathieu for $7 million?

No brainer.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I will be god-damned if this isn't the height of efficiency right here.

Deonte Thompson and Joe Thomas for about $5 million or Tyrann Mathieu for $7 million?

No brainer.
:lol

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Welp, there goes Hurns.
29 year old receiver who two teams didn't like enough last year to keep around. This is a joke right? I'm guessing this is our Bryce Butler replacement but for fucks sake. I'm not sure he makes it out of camp.

Plus he is a former Gator, if Simp hates it you know it's bad.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Welp, there goes Hurns.
I don't give a shit about Hurns. I am more concerned this stupid fuck franchise just gave a turd like this $2.5M contract, with $1M guaranteed.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
29 year old receiver who two teams didn't like enough last year to keep around. This is a joke right? I'm guessing this is our Bryce Butler replacement but for fucks sake. I'm not sure he makes it out of camp.
And if he doesn't, $1M is flushed down the toilet.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
And if he doesn't, $1M is flushed down the toilet.
We can't just try to find gems in free agency. We have to instead scrape the gunk off the bottom of the barrel. I mean seriously. Of all the WRs we brought in, I'd rather have signed none.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Glad to see they came back from the Bahamas with both guns blazing. :lol

I think Joe Thomas makes the roster but I have a feeling that Thompson won't even make the final 53. Feels like another one of those throw away signings where they bring in a vet prior to the draft simply as a backup plan.

shoop

Semi-contributing member
Look up the definition of underwhelming. This should be added as an example

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
He did have his best year last year. As for the 1 million, the vet minimum for a 7 year guy is 915000.

G GS T R Yds Avg TD
16 10 69 38 555 14.6 2
15 14 70 39 593 15.2 8
13 0 23 15 317 21.1 3

The first row of stats is Thompson, second is Watkins, third is Butler. Thompson costs 1 million guaranteed while Watson costs 30 million guaranteed.

This is the f'ing market, and all things considered I think we fared a lot better than KC.

There's either room for competition in our WR corps or there isn't. Draft picks are all gambles, and none of them know how to be professionals yet.

This was a very reasonable move.

He's a drop-in replacement for Butler and is competing for a better contract. That's what we need, given we're not going to find a Dez replacement outside of the draft.

I want Ryan Switzer's smug, comfortable ass either transformed into a significant contributor or fucking gone. I want Beasley, Twill, and Dez to raise their ridiculous 8.7, 10.7, and 12.1 YPC's or be gone.

Of course that means better protection, better passing, and better offensive balance.

p1_

DCC 4Life
He did have his best year last year. As for the 1 million, the vet minimum for a 7 year guy is 915000.

G GS T R Yds Avg TD
16 10 69 38 555 14.6 2
15 14 70 39 593 15.2 8
13 0 23 15 317 21.1 3

The first row of stats is Thompson, second is Watkins, third is Butler. Thompson costs 1 million guaranteed while Watson costs 30 million guaranteed.

This is the f'ing market, and all things considered I think we fared a lot better than KC.

There's either room for competition in our WR corps or there isn't. Draft picks are all gambles, and none of them know how to be professionals yet.

This was a very reasonable move.

He's a drop-in replacement for Butler and is competing for a better contract. That's what we need, given we're not going to find a Dez replacement outside of the draft.

I want Ryan Switzer's smug, comfortable ass either transformed into a significant contributor or fucking gone. I want Beasley, Twill, and Dez to raise their ridiculous 8.7, 10.7, and 12.1 YPC's or be gone.
An affordable option for a non number 1. Efficiency aside, this guy is on a par with/possibly better than guys like Butler and Twill and looks to be a decent signing for this stage of the FA game. I don't call it 'done', but couple it with the draft, and its not bad for this train wreck of a passing game.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

I don't give enough of a shit to cut and paste Broaddus' bullshit fluff piece.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

Yeah I read it. You'd think we are getting a stud deep threat. But I'm over it. Hopefully he can give us Butler production while we draft some real recievers.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Fluff like this makes me glad he blocked me :lol

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Fluff like this makes me glad he blocked me :lol
Types like him on Twitter are just complete fags.

That Birddog 26 guy blocked me because I disagreed with him the other day.

They love people kissing their ass for the non-existent information, but as soon as you refuse to sing to the homer tune...BLOCK

Top Bottom