Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Good for us.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Good for us.
Not really. They are changing their defense to a hybrid style like the Cardinals use. Pierre-Paul was not a fit.

This just puts them in prime position to take Bradley Chubb at two and they got an extra third round pick out of it.

They could also trade down with the Bills or someone and load up on draft picks.

Cotton

Staff member
Not really. They are changing their defense to a hybrid style like the Cardinals use. Pierre-Paul was not a fit.

This just puts them in prime position to take Bradley Chubb at two and they got an extra third round pick out of it.

They could also trade down with the Bills or someone and load up on draft picks.
Dammit, I forgot they pick 2nd. So, we go from facing JPP twice a year to facing Chubb twice a year. :budd

Simpleton

DCC 4Life

Chubb profiles as basically the same type of player as JPP so I'm not sure what that pick would accomplish from a schematic perspective. Both are "jumbo" DE's at about 6-4/6-5 270+ who have excellent athleticism/edge rush ability for that size. They can both play on either the left or right side on a 4-man line and neither are especially suited to standing up.

I mean, Chubb is an excellent prospect for sure but I don't see what dumping JPP and picking Chubb does aside from saving money and getting younger. Schematically Chubb will bring pretty much what JPP brings.

As a Cowboys fan, if my options for the Giants are a potential franchise QB, Barkley or Chubb, I'll take my chances with Chubb.

Cotton

Staff member
Chubb profiles as basically the same type of player as JPP so I'm not sure what that pick would accomplish from a schematic perspective. Both are "jumbo" DE's at about 6-4/6-5 270+ who have excellent athleticism/edge rush ability for that size. They can both play on either the left or right side on a 4-man line and neither are especially suited to standing up.

I mean, Chubb is an excellent prospect for sure but I don't see what dumping JPP and picking Chubb does aside from saving money and getting younger. Schematically Chubb will bring pretty much what JPP brings.

As a Cowboys fan, if my options for the Giants are a potential franchise QB, Barkley or Chubb, I'll take my chances with Chubb.
I'm not going to point the finger at them, but you have to hand it to them. Chubb would hands-down be a good pick.

Cotton

Staff member

:lol

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

My feelings exactly. Plus their defense was only a shell of it's former self last year. So a lateral move with everything else that has gone on is a plus for us. And in the meantime they do nothing to improve a stank ass offense that I think will be worse next year.

DLK150

DCC 4Life

:lol
:lol I laughed despite myself.

Top Bottom