Will Tony Romo even be active Sunday?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Oh really? Cherry picking? Parity is Cherry picking.
What do you mean parity? Picking Romo's best season to compare it to another players average career numbers would be cherry picking. Just like picking and choosing Romo's worst games and using them as examples as to why he isn't great.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
What do you mean parity? Picking Romo's best season to compare it to another players average career numbers would be cherry picking. Just like picking and choosing Romo's worst games and using them as examples as to why he isn't great.
Dak only has one season. He has nothing to average. I don't know what you mean by that. His only Year happens to be his best year so parity would be Romo's best year. To average Romo's years would not produce parity in this circumstance.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Ah, so by all rights Belichick should have "averaged" Bledsoe for "parity".

data

Forbes #1
Good, then I will take great joy in shutting this stupid ass thread down when we win the Lombardi. :towel
Just because Dak won it, doesn't mean Romo wouldn't have won it, either. THREAD BACK UP!!!

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Just because Dak won it, doesn't mean Romo wouldn't have won it, either. THREAD BACK UP!!!
Like uh, Romo would have one it betterererer. And stuff.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
His only Year happens to be his best year so parity would be Romo's best year. To average Romo's years would not produce parity in this circumstance.
:unsure

It's also Dak's worst year. So should we compare that to Romo's worst? See how you're not making much sense?

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are

It's also Dak's worst year. So should we compare that to Romo's worst? See how you're not making much sense?
Precisely why you can't average them. Averaging is done with a group of numbers. There is only one number (season) here, therefore averaging is not possible. It is a static figure. Or a representive number.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Precisely why you can't average them. Averaging is done with a group of numbers. There is only one number (season) here, therefore averaging is not possible. It is a static figure. Or a representive number.
A group of games can be averaged... But you can't cherry pick the games so you take all of the players games to get an average instead of just their best or worst season.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
A group of games can be averaged... But you can't cherry pick the games so you take all of the players games to get an average instead of just their best or worst season.
You're stretching. We are talking seasons.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
So we are going to win it like we did in 2014 with Romo? Well, guess what, we didn't then either.
Romo's back cost this team top seed in 2014. We had that, we go to the Superbowl and probably beat the Patriots.

Of course we didn't have that then. But we have that now, and unlike 2007 no significant injuries.

The coaches are going to go with what gives them the best chance to win, right now.

Still struggling to see how people extrapolate what Romo did in previous years when healthy, to this team, right now.

Right now, this is not a Romo offense. And it has not been all season long.
This has been an "80-percent" offense. The kind that when run right, beats most teams in the league.

If you keep going with it exactly how it's been run, you won't win the Superbowl because we're no longer dealing with "most teams".

We'll have to play more like we did vs. Detroit.

I wonder how much of that was really "pedal-to-the-metal" like the coaches said, or "we don't really give a fuck because we've already clinched the top seed, so chuck it Dak".

Whatever sparked that, we need more of it.

Or we might not make it past round one.

Again.

data

Forbes #1

Have Dak play 5 years, then we'll know if this year was a mistake. Wait and see.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
No we started by talking about careers. You decided that you wanted to cherry pick just Romo's best season to compare.
You might want to check post #185 and see who started the averaging dialogue.

Top Bottom