NBA Chatter Thread

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Westbrook or not, what the Rockets have been doing the last few games is very impressive.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Joey Crawford is a moron who thinks he is the reason people watch the games. He overreacted, as he's known to do, and threw CP3 out of the game when it wasn't necessary.

With that said, Memphis were the rightful winners and the better team. It's very impressive that they won 4 straight games and did so by 10 points or more in each of them.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Westbrook or not, what the Rockets have been doing the last few games is very impressive.
Feh. This series would have been over in 4 games if Westbrook were healthy.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Chandler Parson really impressed me, though.

He's clearly the Rockets #2 guy. Jeremy Lin has the popularity but Parsons has the game.

Kbrown

Not So New Member
If the Rockets score another star in free agency for next year, be afraid. Be very afraid.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
If the Rockets score another star in free agency for next year, be afraid. Be very afraid.
They have alot of space right now but they have salaries that will be increasing greatly in the near future, namely Asik and Lin who have salaries around 5 million in their first 2 years and 14 million in their third year (season after next). Of course they could use those expirings as trade bait but those are also players who have helped them win that they will be losing.

Parsons will also get a rather large deal which will greatly impact their salary structure since he's currently making less than a million.

If they go into the luxury tax that's one thing, but I personally don't think a team can win a title with Harden as the best player on the team so unless they pull off some kind of coup I don't see them as being true title contenders.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
It's going to be interesting to see if Paul and Howard try to go to the same team.

It would be especially interesting to see them go to Dallas. :art

Seriously, though....I don't think it's a given that Paul returns to the Clips. They have a solid team, but I don't think they are built for the long haul. Catching alley oops is nice, but neither Griffin nor Jordan can take over games and neither have much offense in the post, especially Jordan.

I'm sure Paul is going to think hard about whether this team can seriously make a run at a title.

Cujo

DCC 4Life
It's going to be interesting to see if Paul and Howard try to go to the same team.

It would be especially interesting to see them go to Dallas. :art

Seriously, though....I don't think it's a given that Paul returns to the Clips. They have a solid team, but I don't think they are built for the long haul. Catching alley oops is nice, but neither Griffin nor Jordan can take over games and neither have much offense in the post, especially Jordan.

I'm sure Paul is going to think hard about whether this team can seriously make a run at a title.

Paul, yes. Howard, no.

2233boys

Not So New Member
If you lower your shoulder going into a defender that should be a charge.

Jiggyfly

Banned
They have alot of space right now but they have salaries that will be increasing greatly in the near future, namely Asik and Lin who have salaries around 5 million in their first 2 years and 14 million in their third year (season after next). Of course they could use those expirings as trade bait but those are also players who have helped them win that they will be losing.

Parsons will also get a rather large deal which will greatly impact their salary structure since he's currently making less than a million.

If they go into the luxury tax that's one thing, but I personally don't think a team can win a title with Harden as the best player on the team so unless they pull off some kind of coup I don't see them as being true title contenders.
Uh no.
http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-triangle/post/_/id/31239/how-the-rockets-used-the-new-cba-to-steal-omer-asik

The way Asik’s contract offer from Houston is structured, that would mean a price tag of about $14 million in 2014-15. The catch is in how the deal is paid out differently by the team making the offer and the team having to match it (the Bulls). For Houston, Asik’s cap hit each year would be the total money evenly split over three seasons. For the Bulls, it would mean having to pay that $14 million in the final year, a figure that would put them way over the luxury tax threshold right when the tax penalties are slated to become even more severe for repeat payers. That difference in $6 million makes matching the Rockets’ offer go from irresponsible to nearly impossible.
Parsons cannot get a new deal until 2015 because of the way his initial contract was structured and the new CBA and then we have his bird rights.

Also the Owner has no problem going over the luxury cap.

Why can't you see Harden leading a team to a championship his numbers were very close to what Rose did as a MVP and he is still only 23 years old.

A minor upgrade at pg nd a true PF we are right in the thick of things.

Last edited:

Jiggyfly

Banned
Chandler Parson really impressed me, though.

He's clearly the Rockets #2 guy. Jeremy Lin has the popularity but Parsons has the game.
Parsons has been a revelation I don't know what his actual ceiling is.

I am ready to chuck Lin he is a good backup at best and popularity is the only reason they will keep him as a starter.

Top Bottom