Raiders Sign Kyle Wilber

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah, but our history shows that we shouldn't necessarily count on finding Jordan Lewis or Maliek Collins every year. And even so, would I trade, say........ Calvin Ridley and a Maliek Collins level DT for a young, healthy Sean Lee? Yes I would.

If you go back to 2002, I think I would classify our hits and misses on third round picks as 7 out of 14, so that's about 50%. And included in those "hits" are third rounders like Tyrone Crawford who are really more backups.
By that logic though we could miss taking Roquan too. And we are talking 2 third round picks to probably move up. To rich for my blood. There is no guarantee you get Sean Lee. What if he is Darron Lee, still worth it?

Smitty

DCC 4Life
By that logic though we could miss taking Roquan too. And we are talking 2 third round picks to probably move up. To rich for my blood. There is no guarantee you get Sean Lee. What if he is Darron Lee, still worth it?
The point of moving up is that I'm relatively sure I'm getting a high impact player.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
The point of moving up is that I'm relatively sure I'm getting a high impact player.
And I certainly think Roquan is a better player and better person than Darron Lee was. But it's not some 100% certainty. And certainly not enough to damage my chances of getting more than 1 or 2 starters out of this draft. You just can't live ignoring free agency and only getting 1 or 2 starters from a draft. It's why I hate packaging players to move up.

I get what you want though. I want real stars for this defense too. We have some good players. We just need some high impact guys on that side of the ball. But this draft will have lots of high impact players after Smith. We just need to do our jobs and find them. Derwin James though I'd be closer to being convinced on probably.

Top Bottom