Texans Sign Tyrann Mathieu

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

A ONE YEAR FUCKING 7 MILLION DOLLAR CONTRACT!

I don't give a shit who you are, what you think about how this franchise does business.

There is no excuse for what this franchise is doing right now.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
:lol

Couldn't swing a 7 mil prove it contract?

NOTHING TO SEE HERE. THE PROCESS IS WORKING.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate

A ONE YEAR FUCKING 7 MILLION DOLLAR CONTRACT!

I don't give a shit who you are, what you think about how this franchise does business.

There is no excuse for what this franchise is doing right now.
You mean, what they aren’t doing. That’s a fucking dirt cheap “prove it” deal.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Maybe he just didn't want to come here. Who knows?

Also, who cares?

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Exactly. This guy is not what we really need.
Sure he is. And he's a good player at a good price and a contract that's a one year deal so we're out of it if it doesn't work out.

And oh by the way he's 25.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Maybe he just didn't want to come here. Who knows?

Also, who cares?
Could be he didn't want to come here, supposedly he could have gotten more from Arizona.

Then again, he seemed to want to go to a team that can win, and I doubt Houston is any closer than we are.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Broaddus in full apologist mode:

Hey, not a fit, can't use the player, why waste the money?

Nevermind there is little to no doubt that Mathieu could play Scandrick's "slot" role.

And if our scheme, which is made for crap like Chris Conte, limits getting good players, then maybe there is something wrong with the stupid rigid system.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Broaddus in full apologist mode:

Hey, not a fit, can't use the player, why waste the money?

Nevermind there is little to no doubt that Mathieu could play Scandrick's "slot" role.

And if our scheme, which is made for crap like Chris Conte, limits getting good players, then maybe there is something wrong with the stupid rigid system.
The funny thing is we did exactly that type of stuff with Xavier Woods last year that Honey Badger did in Arizona. So obviously our scheme loves using guys like that. But I love how the Dallas beat writers are always ready with excuses when Dallas does nothing.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Uh.... I care. We desperately could use safety help.
I would have liked to sign him, too. I was just poking fun at people that are constantly saying they're through caring what this team does, then cries and throws tantrums like a shunned junior high girl when the team doesn't do something they think they should. Like booze, for example.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
He would have been a perfect fit here and exactly what we needed to round out the secondary. This was a big miss.
He might not have been a "perfect hit" if all you were concerned about is getting a bunch of little twerps that Marinelli likes.

But the kid can play football and makes plays.

The last time we decided we were going to get exactly what our fucking defensive coordinator wanted for his scheme, we drafted Mo Claiborne (giving up draft picks) and signed Brandon Carr (giving up millions).

That basically set the organization back.

You have to have a core belief in what kind of player you want. Otherwise you are at the mercy of whatever coordinator you have at the moment wants.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I would have liked to sign him, too. I was just poking fun at people that are constantly saying they're through caring what this team does, then cries and throws tantrums like a shunned junior high girl when the team doesn't do something they think they should. Like booze, for example.
Yeah, please go find where I have said, hey fuck this, I'm out.

I am not like you who basically decides when he is interested and when he is not and then when he is bored, decides to act like Mr. Cool Guy who gives zero fucks.

Piss off.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Yeah, please go find where I have said, hey fuck this, I'm out.

I am not like you who basically decides when he is interested and when he is not and then when he is bored, decides to act like Mr. Cool Guy who gives zero fucks.

Piss off.
:lol

So dramatic.

Just like that school girl I mentioned.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
We have much bigger defensive concerns. Literally.

7 million on a guy who won’t be here next year and might not be nearly as effective as he’s been on a team with a stronger front.

Remember Ryan McNeil? Fantastic cornerback FA signing and maybe the best CB in terms of instincts we had in the 2000’s. People stopped throwing at him and he definitely rounded out the secondary.

We still went 5-11, and McNeil had 8 picks the next year for some other team.

You want to chew up 7 mil+ on one player, bring in Suh.

Top Bottom