User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: DC.com - How Does TE Sort Out Post-Witten?

Quote Originally Posted by ravidubey View Post
    That’s a pretty big zone!
    It's massive

If Swaim stays healthy, the combo of him and Schultz can be pretty effective and maybe even strongly impactful in 2 TE stuff if they still want to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by fortsbest View Post
    If Swaim stays healthy, the combo of him and Schultz can be pretty effective and maybe even strongly impactful in 2 TE stuff if they still want to do it.
    I think Jarwin is their favorite frankly. Sounds like he has been getting the most work.

I think we'll actually be alright with Swaim, Jarwin and Shultz. Even without including Gathers in the equation.
    Leading in defensive player suspensions, 5 years and counting

Quote Originally Posted by p1_ View Post
    I think we'll actually be alright with Swaim, Jarwin and Shultz. Even without including Gathers in the equation.
    Only if Schultz is better than advertised. If not, it is as weak as it used to be in the LaFleur/Bjornson era.

Quote Originally Posted by boozeman View Post
    Only if Schultz is better than advertised. If not, it is as weak as it used to be in the LaFleur/Bjornson era.
    you think he has to be better? as though his resume is soft/light ? He comes from a respected TE factory program at Stanford.
    Leading in defensive player suspensions, 5 years and counting

Quote Originally Posted by p1_ View Post
    you think he has to be better? as though his resume is soft/light ? He comes from a respected TE factory program at Stanford.
    It's Booze. But Schultz needs to show more as a receiver. He didn't do much at Stanford in that area. He was a strong blocker though. I don't think we will have any problem with blocking TEs. My concern is having a TE who is a threat in the passing game but Witten wasn't much of that anymore anyway.

Witten dropped 2 YPC beginning in 2015.

Funny.

I'm sure all of our pass catchers just happened to go to shit at the same time. I'm sure it wasn't the common denominator that began in 2015.

I'm sure it's all about TE ability and any old pass catchers can replace Witten.

Quote Originally Posted by Genghis Khan View Post
    Witten dropped 2 YPC beginning in 2015.

Funny.

I'm sure all of our pass catchers just happened to go to shit at the same time. I'm sure it wasn't the common denominator that began in 2015.

I'm sure it's all about TE ability and any old pass catchers can replace Witten.
    I'll take win over yards anyday.

Of course a lot of this is on Dak as well. He needs to be better and build a rapport with this new group of WRs and TEs. If he's as good as many make him out to be he has to find a way to elevate the play of his teammates. Other top QBs do it all the time. Even here in Dallas Romo had the ability to transform WRs who were typically categorized as JAGS into a quality threats in the passing game. Patrick Crayton, Miles Austin, Laurent Robinson, etc.

The coaching staff needs to be better as well. When practically all of your game day WRs gripe about the system being too predictable, you might want reevaluate your scheme. There were far too many instances where DBs were practically running the routes of the Cowboys receivers.