User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why Daryl Johnston says firing Jason Garrett would 'sabotage' the Cowboys

Moose is a company man, like Witten: wouldn't say shit if he had a mouthful.

When a team has been so far away from the big dance for so long, there ain't nothin' left to say. Blow smoke, pump sunshine, collect your check from Fox, move on.

2. The following user likes this post:

Moose isnt like Troy that way. Troy, as most of you know, goes out of his way to appear unbiased. He actually comes across as "anti" Cowboys many times. But if asked about his old backup QB, Redball, I bet he might go Moose and stick with the positives. I wonder.
    Sitting on .500

I still suspect this was another reason Jerry loved the idea of Garrett so many years ago -- he knew Moose and Troy and all the old Glory Days players would help sell him to fans.

There's been almost as much snake oil around Garrett as around Jerry himself.
    2014=2009, 2015=2010?

The Garrett Song

5. The following 3 users like this post:

Daryl Johnston says firing Jason Garrett would 'sabotage' the Cowboys

How do you sabotage a team that hasn't come close to a SB in 20 years, and is barely over .500 during Garrett's coaching tenure?

How much worse could it get?

Quote Originally Posted by deadrise View Post
    Daryl Johnston says firing Jason Garrett would 'sabotage' the Cowboys

How do you sabotage a team that hasn't come close to a SB in 20 years, and is barely over .500 during Garrett's coaching tenure?

How much worse could it get?
    zz

Jones seems to have resolved that he would try to go to the days when Dallas was stabilized with the same coach like the days of Landry. His approach to getting the right coach by the rapid turnover method certainly didn’t turn out well for him.
    Since Day One

Quote Originally Posted by L.T. Fan View Post
    Jones seems to have resolved that he would try to go to the days when Dallas was stabilized with the same coach like the days of Landry.
    The guy he fired about five minutes after buying the team?
    2014=2009, 2015=2010?

The Garrett Song

9. The following user likes this post:

zz

Jones seems to have resolved that he would try to go to the days when Dallas was stabilized with the same coach like the days of Landry. His approach to getting the right coach by the rapid turnover method certainly didn’t turn out well for him.

I think that's perfect. But you have to find a guy who is actually worthy of keeping around for 27 years.

Landry stayed around because the team made a ton of conference championships and super bowls.

Garrett has 1 playoff win in 8 years.

I mean, you can have any coach around for 27 years if you take "results" off the table as a requirement.

Quote Originally Posted by Chocolate Lab View Post
    The guy he fired about five minutes after buying the team?
    That’s the general concensious but it wast actually the complete story. And for the record even with Landry,s tenure he probably needed to be released. I have tons of respect for his career but I think he had already seen his best days.
    Since Day One

There are about 500 coaches who could pick up where Garrett has left off and do at least as well and likely better.

That’s the general concensious but it wast actually the complete story.
    What's wrong about it?

And I know Landry needed to go, but that's not the point. The point is Jerry has never shown any reverence for the Landry era -- more like just the opposite. So I don't think he's trying to recreate it. He just doesn't want to have to replace his redheaded stooge.
    2014=2009, 2015=2010?

The Garrett Song