User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why Daryl Johnston says firing Jason Garrett would 'sabotage' the Cowboys

Quote Originally Posted by Chocolate Lab View Post
    What's wrong about it?

And I know Landry needed to go, but that's not the point. The point is Jerry has never shown any reverence for the Landry era -- more like just the opposite. So I don't think he's trying to recreate it. He just doesn't want to have to replace his redheaded stooge.
    The seller of the Cowboys( Bum Bright) and Jones met prior to the deal being finished and it was agreed that he (Bright) would tell Landry about the deal and be the one to terminate Landry prior to Jones taking ownership because Jones didn’t want to be the one to terminate Landry.

Subsequently Jones met with Jimmy Johnson for dinner at a restaurant on Stemmons Freeway near downtown Dallas. A reporter saw the two and broke the story that Jones was buying the Cowboys and Johnson was apparently the new Coach.

Bum Bright had not gotten around to telling Landry about the deal when the story broke. Landry actually never got a notice from anyone nor did he meet with anyone about the ownership change. It was an unfortunate set of circumstances but the stories from the media plastered the headlines that Jones fired Landry.
    Since Day One

Mia’s Tex mex on Lemmon Avenue. I live close by. And actually Tex Schramm went to Austin and met with Tom.

Quote Originally Posted by p1_ View Post
    Mia’s Tex mex on Lemmon Avenue. I live close by. And actually Tex Schramm went to Austin and met with Tom.
    Could be but I think it was after the story was out and Neither the former or new owner ever met with Landry.
    Since Day One

Landry was on the golf course when the story broke.

Regardless of who did or didn't do what Jerry has never hinored the past, imo. At least not without public pressure. It was always about his guys and now its about his way.
    #Fire Garrett

Quote Originally Posted by L.T. Fan View Post
    Could be but I think it was after the story was out and Neither the former or new owner ever met with Landry.
    What do you mean? Jerry flew to Austin and fired Landry himself.
    2014=2009, 2015=2010?

The Garrett Song

No. Jones never met with Landry. P1 said Schram went to Austin and met with Landry. Are you saying Jones went to Austin?
    Since Day One

Perhaps this is the story you are referring to.

http://texassportsinsiders.com/?p=832
    Since Day One

I might have misspoken, but I think Tex and Jerry might have both been there, with Jerry delivering the news.
    Leading in defensive player suspensions, 5 years and counting

Quote Originally Posted by L.T. Fan View Post
    Perhaps this is the story you are referring to.

http://texassportsinsiders.com/?p=832
    Yes... which says Jerry was there. What am I missing here?
    2014=2009, 2015=2010?

The Garrett Song

Yes... which says Jerry was there. What am I missing here?
    You initially said Landry was fired about 5 minutes after Jones bought the team and it didn’t happen that way. The meeting was after they tracked him down and I don’t know how long that took but it wasn’t the same day as memory serves me. It wasn’t at a planned meeting because Landry took off upon hearing the news they had to find him to talk to him. That’s why I said it really didn’t happen the way a lot of people thinks it happened.
    Since Day One