2016 POTUS Election Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
Yeah pretty crazy seeing the county maps. Trump would win lile 95% of the counties in a state and Hillary would just kill it in a couple big cities to keep it close.
Thank God for the electoral college. The founding fathers were genius. And the Twitter celebs all decrying the EC because she won the popular vote kills me. I don't know why I get disappointed when people just confirm my opinion that they are morons to begin with.

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
This is such a weird feeling. I'm not happy or hopeful and the Republican party is fully in control. 15 years ago I would have peed my pants with excitment.

The only positive - maybe our country will move away from PC language and we can have plain conversations now.
It'll be fine Skids. Likely better than fine. Can't be worse than the past 8 years.

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
A gay cousin of mine hit the roof last night. Like, "Me and my partner are probably going to have to leave the country because our human rights are about to be taken from us". I was dumb enough to comment on it, and got lambasted by the rainbow coalition.
So it surprises you your gay cousin is a drama queen? :unsure

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
People who think gay marriage is going to be undone or that abortion is going to abolished are off their rocker. Things will be different under Trump and the Republican control but they aren't going to undo 50 years of social progress. The Republicans have a real chance to fix the economy here and I hope they don't drop the ball.
Both are issues that should go back to the states. I hope they are addressed, but not priorities.

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
The same was said when Obama was elected.

Just sayin.:shrug
That wasn't a revolution. That was black voters who had never voted before and most not having a clue about issues, coming out and voting because the Dem candidate was black and for most, no other reason. If it were the politics, Hillary would have gotten the same turnout of blacks and would likely have won.

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
Well 1st off admit it.

Trump got off the elevator throwing bombs, his campaign manager is from the king of race baiting websites.

I am not saying Race is the only reason Trump won or even most of the reason but he definitely used it a tool.

And this not even about the party it's about Trump, the party can address those issues that crossover but undercurrent Trump relied on is going to have to be addressed.

Because this will not work in 4 years and it might be addressed in the next mid term.
Some of this may be true, but let's remember, that Obama is the king of race baiting and using race to try and influence crap. While he wasn't as uneloquent about it as Trump, he damn sure was the practitioner in chief. So yeah, now let's have that honest discussion and all make up. I truly feel we will all be better off in the next four years than we have been and could have been.

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
I never said she was going to become a populist I thought she would end up being a little farther left than Obama.

Due to the pull of the party and I was saying she might not get
a chance at another term because that would not be good enough.
But the original point was that this election was a rejection of the democratic policies of the last 8 years and I don't agree with that looking at what Trump was running on.
Stronger borders, Repeal Obamacare, lower taxes, calling Islamic terrorism what it is, improving the economy, rebuilding the military and respect for law and order are all rejections of the past 8 years. don't be buffoonish.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
This "he's not my president" shit bugs me.

Yes, Hillary won the popular vote, but like it or not, we don't elect our leader that way.

He is your fucking President and he might not have been if you had gotten off your fucking asses and actually voted.

townsend

Banned

Yes, Hillary won the popular vote, but like it or not, we don't elect our leader that way.

He is your fucking President and he might not have been if you had gotten off your fucking asses and actually voted.
Yep. Trump's all our president. That's the country's badge of shame, and we earned it. The democrat's shit primary put out a bad candidate, the complacent ass liberals that sat home on Election Day because they needed a more inspirational candidate, the stupid rural whites that thought a con man could wind back the clock and make it the 80s again. This is a failure of the system and the population.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are

Amen to that. Deal with reality folks.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Yep. Trump's all our president. That's the country's badge of shame, and we earned it. The democrat's shit primary put out a bad candidate, the complacent ass liberals that sat home on Election Day because they needed a more inspirational candidate, the stupid rural whites that thought a con man could wind back the clock and make it the 80s again. This is a failure of the system and the population.
Jibber Jabber.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

You and I don't always agree, but we do here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom