2016 POTUS Election Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
There is a huge difference from pandering as opposed to bringing down the power of the federal government on specific groups and that leading incarceration and killing.

The war on drugs has had a generational affect that is still rippling through society today.

All for the benefit of a political party.

Please show the equivalence.
You do realize that I was the one that initially pointed out the Nixon aide quote. In other words I'm saying it is terrible. So why are we now disagreeing?

Putting in policies that destroy small businesses is a form of moral failure. Keeping the poor down and then claiming to be their hero is vicious IMO.

Sending the IRS after conservatives. What do you equate that too?

How about having a wife in chemo, promising that rates would go down and then making insurance unaffordable? Where are the morals in those promises?

Look, you can try to figure out which one was worse all day...have at it. I'm not going to go around about who was less evil. The point in making is that Nixons campaign destroyed lives and both parties are willing to do it. Use your own measuring stick to feel better about who you support. That's what your party is counting on and it is working. You and all of us have been manipulated by both parties. I'm not down for that brand of deception.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Looks like Clinton is going to beat Trump in the popular vote.

Just like in 2000, the will of the people flushed down the shitter of an idiotic system.
How many of the American public actually voted. That is a broken system of that many people don't care.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
How many of the American public actually voted. That is a broken system of that many people don't care.
I read that only 49% of registered voters actually bothered to vote. Can't bitch if you didn't vote.

Jiggyfly

Banned
You do realize that I was the one that initially pointed out the Nixon aide quote. In other words I'm saying it is terrible. So why are we now disagreeing?

Putting in policies that destroy small businesses is a form of moral failure. Keeping the poor down and then claiming to be their hero is vicious IMO.

How about having a wife in chemo, promising that rates would go down and then making insurance unaffordable? Where are the morals in those promises?

Look, you can try to figure out which one was worse all day...have at it. I'm not going to go around about who was less evil. The point in making is that Nixons campaign destroyed lives and both parties are willing to do it. Use your own measuring stick to feel better about who you support. That's what your party is counting on and it is working. You and all of us have been manipulated by both parties. I'm not down for that brand of deception.
I think the war on drugs is especially despicable and belongs in a category of heinous itself.

I am just tired of the false equivalency game, judge things on there own merit and stop trying to assign blame to all.

I am not questioning if you think this was bad I just don't see how this and pandering are anywhere near the same thing.

Anyway I will just let this go but I am glad you recognize the issue here.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Between Trump flipping so many blue states and the republicans sweeping congress, you're kidding yourself if you don't think this was a referendum on democrat policies and the failure of the past 8 years.
Correct.

Jiggyfly

Banned
So we just ignore all of the Republican policies and Republicans Trump shit on as well.

Tell me how this works?

It's this kind of chest beating and hubris that has gotten parties in trouble before.

I mean outside of the SCOTUS and healthcare Trump is not far off from Obama and we all know how things change with him.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
So do you still believe race is brought up to much?

And what do you think about Trump using it as a wedge issue?
I think you are confusing my stance about Trump. I didn't vote for Trump as much as I voted against Hillary. I am no huge Trump backer.

data

Forbes #1
Eight years ago, we voted in the first black Pres and it was widely regarded an accomplishment. we felt good about progressing towards equality. I'm guessing the rural white voter would be generally tolerable/accepting of this achievement.

Then the rural white voter gets rewarded with media showing non-stop Ferguson, Baltimore, Oakland riots, Kaepernick every Sunday in the most widely viewed game in America and BLM. It's agitating. The sleeping mass wakes up screaming/voting.

Trump didn't introduce race into this election, just surfed the wave. Hillary was not the person to quell this swell, as well as turning off educated voters, too.

liberals are complaining about the 'volume' of racists in this country. No, the country isnt a majority of hate-filled racists. It is filled with people that won't tolerate what we experienced with the aforementioned. Ya did it to yourself by how you acted when given a chance.

Last edited:

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
So we just ignore all of the Republican policies and Republicans Trump shit on as well.

Tell me how this works?

It's this kind of chest beating and hubris that has gotten parties in trouble before.

I mean outside of the SCOTUS and healthcare Trump is not far off from Obama and we all know how things change with him.
I'm sorry. Have I somehow given you the impression that I give even a half a fuck about anything you might say or do?

Go die. That's about all you could do that would interest me.

Jiggyfly

Banned
I think you are confusing my stance about Trump. I didn't vote for Trump as much as I voted against Hillary. I am no huge Trump backer.
This has nothing to do with if you voted for Trump its about the mood of the country and why was this an effective tactic.

You where talking about having meaningful conversations.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
As much as Wiki leaks killed Clinton, she made a bunch of dumb mistakes. Had she picked a better running mate, she could have pulled some strays, for example. Running on a thin vague platform that just assumed people were happy after eight years of the same was another.
Yep.

Jiggyfly

Banned
I'm sorry. Have I somehow given you the impression that I give even a half a fuck about anything you might say or do?

Go die. That's about all you could do that would interest me.
The fact that you continually jump in and comment on random post of mine is a clear indication that you give more than half a fuck.

Actually about a fuck and half.:lol

Nice deflection though.

Genghis Khan

I don't agree with that at all Trump is against as much of the Republican policies as he is Democrats.

Free trade is republican platform as well as free market policies.
You're right, but I think you're missing the point if you think this was about specific policy or platform. It's about change from the status quo.

Genghis Khan

Pretty much the same thing. Pander to whatever moves the vote. Let's not pretend one is better than the other. They are both equality disgusting. Do you think that blacks were targeted only. Who were these hippies they the Nixon campaign went after?

Maybe democrats and the KKK...are you familiar with that group and its former power born out of this party? You think that is terrible by chance?

Find a hot button issue that hits emotionally with a voting group and ride the wave. That's politics. Thinking that the D party is out for the good of everyone and the Rs are teh debil is just crazy. The game is played on both sides. It is all sleezie.

Clintons - pandered to gays and abandoned them. Pandered to the poor and went to Wall Street. These candidates don't represent us. They represent themselves. Pandered to women and locked arms with Saudi, which has policies that support female brutality.

That is a very small sampling.
correct.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Eight years ago, we voted in the first black Pres and it was widely regarded an accomplishment. we felt good about progressing towards equality. I'm guessing the rural white voter would be generally tolerable/accepting of this achievement.

Then the rural white voter gets rewarded with media showing non-stop Ferguson, Baltimore, Oakland riots, Kaepernick every Sunday in the most widely viewed game in America and BLM. It's agitating. The sleeping mass wakes up screaming/voting.

Trump didn't introduce race into this election, just surfed the wave. Hillary was not the person to quell this swell, as well as turning off educated voters, too.

liberals are complaining about the 'volume' of racists in this country. No, the country isnt a majority of hate-filled racists. It is filled with people that won't tolerate what we experienced with the aforementioned. Ya did it to yourself by how you acted when given a chance.
And Trump's election will be blamed for a greater racial chasm when in fact it was already well underway.

Genghis Khan

correct.

Genghis Khan

There is some truth to this.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member

I don't know how to say this without sounding terrible but the black community needs to realize how bad they hurt their own cause. These issues pits blacks against whites and the bigger issues of racism becomes an after thought. It feels like an attack against whites (I'm sure my black brethren could ask how it feels), police and so on so there is a backlash.

Follow MLK's blueprint and things change for the better IMO. This is just outright anarchy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom