User Tag List

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Well fvck. My other half has liver cancer

Quote Originally Posted by skidadl View Post
    That's crazy. You are typically looking at 2-3 days for answers on that.
    Yeah. It's just frustrating when you don't have an idea of what you're really facing.

Quote Originally Posted by DLK150 View Post
    Yeah. It's just frustrating when you don't have an idea of what you're really facing.
    Just hang in and stay strong for your mate. I’m sure you will hear soon. Are you in a large or small community? That affects medical practices a lot especially on things like waiting for test results. Keeping a vigil for both of you.
    Since Day One

3. The following user likes this post:

Her name is Vicky Nix and we just found out today. So if any of you heathens want to send any thoughts her way, she would appreciate it and every little bit helps. It will be hard to beat at 65.
    I just saw this DLK Sorry to hear it my friend and my entire family will keep you and Vicky in our hearts, minds and prayers sir.

5. The following user likes this post:

Quote Originally Posted by L.T. Fan View Post
    Just hang in and stay strong for your mate. I’m sure you will hear soon. Are you in a large or small community? That affects medical practices a lot especially on things like waiting for test results. Keeping a vigil for both of you.
    Smaller community, one major hospital nearby. She's too weak to make it upstairs to go to bed or take a shower right now. She has a hard time just getting out to the garage into the car. Had to call EMTs out more than once to help because if she falls, she's basically dead weight.

Smaller community, one major hospital nearby. She's too weak to make it upstairs to go to bed or take a shower right now. She has a hard time just getting out to the garage into the car. Had to call EMTs out more than once to help because if she falls, she's basically dead weight.
    Really sorry to hear that. I hope you have either family, friends, or community orginazitions to help you with these type things.
    Since Day One

Quote Originally Posted by L.T. Fan View Post
    Really sorry to hear that. I hope you have either family, friends, or community orginazitions to help you with these type things.
    We tried to set up Real Services but our household income is too high and her insurance won't pay for visiting nurses or bath aides. She's not a small woman and I can't just pick her up and carry her around. Wanted to move from this fricking split level to a single floor apartment but she's fricking hardheaded. It is what it is...

We tried to set up Real Services but our household income is too high and her insurance won't pay for visiting nurses or bath aides. She's not a small woman and I can't just pick her up and carry her around. Wanted to move from this fricking split level to a single floor apartment but she's fricking hardheaded. It is what it is...
    I’m sorry. Maybe something will break for you. That’s what I am hoping.
    Since Day One

Well, thanks L.T. It's just been stressful.

Sucks man. Power and positivity to you guys and your loved ones

12. The following user likes this post:

Very sorry to hear about this, DLK. Best of luck staying strong and positive.

This bolded part of the quote just drives me nuts, though, and it seems to affect a lot of us. Make too much money to qualiy for this, but your insurance company refuses to do this...as if going through cancer isn't bad enough.

14. The following user likes this post: