Week 9 Gameday Chatter | Cowboys vs. Browns | 11/06/2016

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
No, he was hired as asst. DB coach, then moved to safeties. Greg Jackson is the new safeties coach, he should get some credit too. Church and Wilcox look competent at times.
There's a glaring difference in this year's crew, so getting Jerome Henderson out the door seems to have been the cure.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Screwing around also meant he wasn't taking it seriously. I know you have used that term. So to restate it in a translated format. I was losing patience with Dez last year. He was not taking his route running seriously and giving up on them too soon. Remember youngsters the meaning of words and phrases gets changes by subsequent generations not invented by same.:unsure
Good Lord. It was a joke. A play on words.

I know what you meant.

dallen

Senior Tech
[MENTION=85]Kbrown[/MENTION] [MENTION=63]Jiggyfly[/MENTION]

Any of you guys a chronicle subscriber? If so, could you post this?

http://www.houstonchronicle.com/sports/columnists/mcclain/article/Houston-s-nightmare-forecast-Cowboys-in-Super-10594338.php?cmpid=need

I would love to read it.

Houston's nightmare forecast: Cowboys in Super Bowl at NRG

Prescott will lead Jones' Cowboys to NRG Stadium for Super Bowl LI

By John McClain

Read it and weep, Texans fans: Jerry Jones and the Dallas Cowboys are coming to Houston for Super Bowl LI.

And they won't have to buy tickets to get into NRG Stadium.

The Cowboys (7-1) are the best team in the NFC and the favorite to represent their conference against the team that will win its fifth Super Bowl - the New England Patriots (7-1).

The first weekend in February is going to be a double whammy for Texans fans.

Not only will it draw out all those Cowboys fans in Houston who will spend the week being as obnoxious as only they can, but Jones is going to be voted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame the day before the game.

Dateline Houston - the Cowboys in the Super Bowl, and Jones immortalized in Canton one day apart.

So, there you have it. At the midway point of the season you know Tom Brady and Bill Belichick are going to defeat the Cowboys and win their fifth Super Bowl ring together, including their second at NRG Stadium.

Another Pats' victory

Barring upsets, of course.

If the Cowboys and Patriots continue on their current paths to the playoffs, Dallas and New England will finish with the best records and host two playoff games each before they pack their bags for the third Super Bowl in Houston.

Who'll be more prone to an upset? Brady, who owns four rings and, at 39, is playing as well as he ever has? Or rookie Dak Prescott, the amazing fourth-round pick who's making Tony Romo a footnote in Cowboys history?

The rookie, of course.

All of you NFL historians know the Cowboys have played in eight Super Bowls and own five rings, tying San Francisco for second-most behind Pittsburgh's six.

You also know the Cowboys haven't been to the Super Bowl since the 1995 season when Barry Switzer was their coach and they won Super Bowl XXX. That's not exactly a Chicago Cubs' drought, but it drives Jones and Cowboys fans absolutely crazy.

Love them or hate them, this has been an incredible season for the Cowboys because of Prescott's terrific performance. He continues to pass every test - winning at Lambeau Field, scoring the last 16 points and throwing the winning touchdown pass in overtime against Philadelphia.

Think back to that opening loss to the New York Giants. If receiver Terrance Williams had gone out of bounds instead of letting time run out, the Cowboys might be the only unbeaten team in the NFL.

Dallas has five teams with winning records on its remaining schedule. The Cowboys smoked Cleveland on Sunday before playing at Pittsburgh, where quarterback Ben Roethlisberger has returned from knee surgery.

Class of the NFC

The Cowboys have a two-game lead in the NFC East and a 2-1 division record. They have road games against the Giants and Philadelphia and a home game against Washington.

So, if not the Cowboys, then who?

Atlanta and Seattle appear to be the next-best teams in the NFC.

The Falcons (6-3) are the highest-scoring team in the league. They've scored at least 30 points in six games, but they've also lost twice at home to teams with losing records.

The Seahawks (4-2-1) can't run the ball, and quarterback Russell Wilson is banged up. They have road games against New England and Green Bay.

Minnesota is fading with consecutive defeats.

Dallas, Atlanta or Seattle? Who do you like?

Brady to make his mark

The surest bet in the NFL this season is New England. The Patriots were 3-1 during Brady's suspension and 4-0 since his return. Despite missing the four games, Brady should be voted the NFL's Most Valuable Player after they finish 15-1 or 14-2.

The Patriots have two games that could be difficult, Seattle at home and a trip to Denver, where they were eliminated in last season's playoffs.

In the playoffs, New England at Gillette Stadium is money.

Bank it.

It doesn't matter if the Patriots play Denver, Pittsburgh, Kansas City, Oakland or some upstart that shocks in the playoffs, they're not losing the AFC Championship Game at home.

Now you know: Brady, the MVP, vs. Prescott, NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year, on Feb. 5 at NRG Stadium.

Belichick and Brady will win one for the thumb and cement their legacy as the greatest coach and quarterback in NFL history.

Hey, it could be worse. It could be Jones hoisting the Lombardi Trophy in the Texans' stadium.

data

Forbes #1
<700 posts for Gameday Chatter? Game must've been over by halftime.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Oh, he was talking about the play where he and Dez both were kinda on the same route but Beasley slowed down to either make a cut or something like that. Yeah, he wasn't loafing on that play. It was designed that way.
And how do you know the other play was not a design with Dez?

You said yourself loafing on routes is not something he does and this was at the very start of the game.

hstour

Brand New Member
John McClain is such a Texans homer and such a idiot.

Of course he picked ANYONE over Dallas.

Houston has the "little brother" syndrome in Texas.

Hell they lost their NFL franchise to Tennessee and their WFL franchise (The first Texans) to Shreveport.

Houston, call me when you can hang on to a franchise.....

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
The Oilers were a pretty neat franchise, much cooler than the Texans. I wish they were still in Houston, or the NFL at least kept the name like they did with the Browns.

data

Forbes #1
Crazy to say this, but thinking about home field advantage right now and rooting for the Bills.

data

Forbes #1
Point of going Wildcat is element of surprise...Bills screwed up by waiting and letting D get settled.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I'm thinking about Pittsburg and whether they will try to inflict physical damage.

data

Forbes #1
I do not really understand that sequence of events there.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I didn't catch the whole thing. What'd he do that was disgraceful?
Was offsides unabated, and the whistle blew. He continued on and hit the kicker, injuring him. He did not get a roughing penalty. So the kicker had to leave the field for one play, which fucked Buffalo. Luckily, it wasn't 4th down and there was 3 seconds left. So they snapped and quick spiked to stop the clock, getting the kicker back on the field. He made the FG, but Buffalo was called for delay of game. He then missed the next one. But replay showed the refs fucked up by not resetting the 25 second play clock. There was only 5 seconds left when they spotted the ball and moved out of the way.

Basically, the refs fucked up all around, and Buffalo was royally boned.

22cowboysfan22

Brand New Member
Was offsides unabated, and the whistle blew. He continued on and hit the kicker, injuring him. He did not get a roughing penalty. So the kicker had to leave the field for one play, which fucked Buffalo. Luckily, it wasn't 4th down and there was 3 seconds left. So they snapped and quick spiked to stop the clock, getting the kicker back on the field. He made the FG, but Buffalo was called for delay of game. He then missed the next one. But replay showed the refs fucked up by not resetting the 25 second play clock. There was only 5 seconds left when the spotted the ball and moved out of the way.

Basically, the refs fucked up all around, and Buffalo was royally boned.
Good summary, here's a video:

He blatantly targets the kicker's knee.

data

Forbes #1
Was offsides unabated, and the whistle blew. He continued on and hit the kicker, injuring him. He did not get a roughing penalty.
As an aside, as long as you fingertip touch the ball, it's legal to pulverize a kicker/punter. I don't understand that. Then again, it's not the QB and 2nd string punters/kickers don't lower ratings so the NFL doesn't care. Back on topic, if the whistle blew, Sherman should've been flagged for 15.

data

Forbes #1
I wouldn't put it past Bounty Bowl's offspring to do the same on a 4th & 6+ FG attempt by Seattle. Go fuck up the punter and just get a 5 yard offsides penalty?

Imagine if this was the walk-off game-winning FG attempt by Seattle.

:lol

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
And how do you know the other play was not a design with Dez?

You said yourself loafing on routes is not something he does and this was at the very start of the game.
Lol okay.

Top Bottom