Seahawks Trade Michael Bennett To Eagles

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Amazing what you can do when you are actually open for business like the Eagles almost always are.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

Amazing what you can do when you are actually open for business like the Eagles almost always are.
33 years old with serious injury concerns. Not sure I would have wanted to be in at his salary cost.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
33 years old with serious injury concerns. Not sure I would have wanted to be in at his salary cost.
GTFO with that shit.

The Eagles are even more tight to the cap and they don't let that stand in the way of trying to improve.

Meanwhile, we like what we have with fucking Tyrone Crawford and Taco Charlton opposite Lawrence.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
GTFO with that shit.

The Eagles are even more tight to the cap and they don't let that stand in the way of trying to improve.

Meanwhile, we like what we have with fucking Tyrone Crawford and Taco Charlton opposite Lawrence.
Not the point. You don't spend 10 mil of cap space and a draft pick on a 33 year old who has major injury concerns.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Yeah, getting creative would be really helpful for this front office.

Meanwhile, we'd have to give up a second for Earl Thomas, instead of a 5th for 7th pick swap.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Not the point. You don't spend 10 mil of cap space and a draft pick on a 33 year old who has major injury concerns.
He is not going to cost them $10M.

Most of his salary just got eaten by the Seahawks.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Yeah, getting creative would be really helpful for this front office.

Meanwhile, we'd have to give up a second for Earl Thomas, instead of a 5th for 7th pick swap.
Out of Bennett (gone), Sherman and Thomas, it has been reported they want to hang onto Thomas.

Sherman has been saying bye to his teammates per Rapoport.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
He is not going to cost them $10M.

Most of his salary just got eaten by the Seahawks.
Gotcha, what is he going to cost the Eagles? I knew he signed for 3 years and 30 mil a couple years ago.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Gotcha, what is he going to cost the Eagles? I knew he signed for 3 years and 30 mil a couple years ago.
Under $2M. Once the Eagles get rid of Curry, they actually save money AND upgrade.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

It was a goddamn fire sale.

vince

Not So New Member

We don't sign free agents nor go after veteran players anymore. Remember?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Under $2M. Once the Eagles get rid of Curry, they actually save money AND upgrade.
Yeah, I thought that the Eagles would be responsible for the 5 mil roster bonus. But I guess not.

I guess we will have to wait and see how it works out. Maybe I've just never liked Bennett but I also have little faith in 33 year old Dlineman.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
We don't sign free agents nor go after veteran players anymore. Remember?
Yeah, we just count on rolling snake eyes in the draft where it is rare to have back to back successful drafts.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Yeah, I thought that the Eagles would be responsible for the 5 mil roster bonus. But I guess not.

I guess we will have to wait and see how it works out. Maybe I've just never liked Bennett but I also have little faith in 33 year old Dlineman.
If he plays at the level Vinny Curry did last year, the trade is a success.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

Yeah looks to me like the Seahawks are in full rebuild on defense.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Must be nice to come off a Super Bowl win and be owning the rest of the NFL.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I don't even bother getting worked up over this crap anymore. Its never going to change.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Trades like this are why I suggested a 4th and 5th for Thomas.

Either they're serious about restarting on defense and will take what they can get for him or they only want to hold out for market value, which isn't realistic given his contract and in which case it's pointless anyway.

Top Bottom