2016 POTUS Election Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

data

Forbes #1
A far as intnl relations, I don't necessarily think Trump's personality is a hindrance. I doubt people do business with Trump becauae they like his personality, but because it makes financial sense. Call it bullying, but Trump's more stick than carrot. Wield our hegemonic leverage and get shit done.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I will flat out be embarrassed to be an American if Donald Trump is elected president. Period. He is an absolute joke of a candidate and the USA would become the laughingstock of the world for electing such a buffoon. It is really that simple for me. I am way more liberal leaning than conservative but it would not bother me in the least if someone like Mitt Romney or John McCain was the candidate and beat Hillary. Hell, that applies to almost any other candidate with an (R) next to their name with the exception of Ted Cruz. I might not vote for them, but I would not feel bad about it if they were elected president. This whole thing with Trump still seems like a big Andy Kaufmanlike performance art trolling of the nation and yet here we are. Pretty pathetic.
I've said several times to my friends if someone like McCain or Paul had won the Republican ticket, I'd have probably voted for them over Hillary.

The fact that Hillary is even in a dogfight with Trump shows how toxic she is as well. Any run of the mill Democratic candidate would be up double-digits, cruising to victory and firing up a victory cigar by 7PM EST.

Whoever wins tonight will be a “one and done” President. I’m willing to bet $100 on that.

2233boys

Not So New Member
I've said several times to my friends if someone like McCain or Paul had won the Republican ticket, I'd have probably voted for them over Hillary.

The fact that Hillary is even in a dogfight with Trump shows how toxic she is as well. Any run of the mill Democratic candidate would be up double-digits, cruising to victory and firing up a victory cigar by 7PM EST.

Whoever wins tonight will be a “one and done” President. I’m willing to bet $100 on that.
Don't blame me I voted for Bernie. He would be winning going away right now.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I will flat out be embarrassed to be an American if Donald Trump is elected president. Period. He is an absolute joke of a candidate and the USA would become the laughingstock of the world for electing such a buffoon. It is really that simple for me. I am way more liberal leaning than conservative but it would not bother me in the least if someone like Mitt Romney or John McCain was the candidate and beat Hillary. Hell, that applies to almost any other candidate with an (R) next to their name with the exception of Ted Cruz. I might not vote for them, but I would not feel bad about it if they were elected president. This whole thing with Trump still seems like a big Andy Kaufmanlike performance art trolling of the nation and yet here we are. Pretty pathetic.
I would even have voted for Cruz. That tells you everything you need to know where I stand on both electable candidates.

Jiggyfly

Banned
A far as intnl relations, I don't necessarily think Trump's personality is a hindrance. I doubt people do business with Trump becauae they like his personality, but because it makes financial sense. Call it bullying, but Trump's more stick than carrot. Wield our hegemonic leverage and get shit done.
With China and Russia out there we don't have as much leverage as in the past and why you need more Carrot than stick.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
I would even have voted for Cruz. That tells you everything you need to know where I stand on both electable candidates.
Oh God no. I absolutely would not vote for that guy. Ever. I find him to be completely repellent am diametrically opposed to his point of view.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I know there has been much consternation about the candidates but in assessing the past just how well havre the so called qualified experienced politicians done in office? Are things to your liking yet? The career politicians are still in office folks regardless of who wins this race. Not likely either candidate will accomplish much. The rarely do.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Oh God no. I absolutely would not vote for that guy. Ever. I find him to be completely repellent am diametrically opposed to his point of view.
But hey, he is not Hillary.

And stuff.

I have loathed Hillary for a while. Yet Trump managed to counteract that abhorrence with his own special brand.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I know there has been much consternation about the candidates but in assessing the past just how well havre the so called qualified experienced politicians done in office? Are things to your liking yet? The career politicians are still in office folks regardless of who wins this race. Not likely either candidate will accomplish much. The rarely do.
They have all sucked since Ike.

Good enough?

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I voted a lot of independent candidates today. Wrote in Evan McMullin for president.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
But hey, he is not Hillary.

And stuff.

I have loathed Hillary for a while. Yet Trump managed to counteract that abhorrence with his own special brand.
It's the oddest thing. I keep saying we couldn't do any worse than Hillary. And then every time, someone else comes along and proves me wrong.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Interesting how they are breaking things already.

Indiana and Kentucky for Trump. Rich whitey folk for Hillary in New England.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Trump gonna lose Florida and with it you can basically kiss his chances at the election goodbye.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom