2016 Mid-Season Poll: Regular Season Predictions

2016 Mid-Season Poll: Regular Season Predictions

• 10-6 or better: Division Champs (No bye)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 8-8 or better: Wild-Card

• Miss Playoffs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

dallen

Senior Tech
Oh, I am full on homering out. If we beat the Steelers I don't see how we don't make it to 13-3 looking at the rest of the schedule.

shoop

Semi-contributing member
I wanted to say 10-6 but I can't see us going 3-5 over the last half of the season.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Oh, I am full on homering out. If we beat the Steelers I don't see how we don't make it to 13-3 looking at the rest of the schedule.
Tend to agree. I was being a tad conservative. Injuries are my biggest concern.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
We are in for a big time regression next season. Schedule looks killer.

townsend

Banned
I was right!

(Never mind that I thought we'd go 7-9 when the season started) :tippytoe

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
We are in for a big time regression next season. Schedule looks killer.
We'll see how it all plays out but I'm guessing we'll be fine.

It's not like we beat up on a weak schedule this year. We were 7-2 against teams .500 or above and 3-2 against playoff teams.

townsend

Banned

It's not like we beat up on a weak schedule this year. We were 7-2 against teams .500 or above and 3-2 against playoff teams.
We also played in the strongest division in the NFL. Which had a record of 39-24-1. Next closest was the AFC west with 38-26.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life

Our regular season style will beat 80% of the teams out there.

I want to see if we have the character to turn it up a notch and mercilessly crush teams.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Our regular season style will beat 80% of the teams out there.

I want to see if we have the character to turn it up a notch and mercilessly crush teams.
Character or talent?

I have no idea why people like you are acting like this team has the talent of those mid 90's teams and that's even without all of the injuries.

This team for the most part has been playing a bit over their heads IMO.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Character or talent?

I have no idea why people like you are acting like this team has the talent of those mid 90's teams and that's even without all of the injuries.

This team for the most part has been playing a bit over their heads IMO.
Detroit proved we've mainly been fucking around most of the year. When we actually try and open the passing game up combined with a turnover or two we can unleash Hell.

We aren't the 90's teams, but we aren't facing the 90's Eagles, Giants, 49ers or Washington teams either.

By comparison, we are head and shoulders above the rest of the league in talent. The only thing holding us back is inexperience at QB, and Dak is holding his own.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Well, I'd say a couple things on defense could hold us back as well. But on the flip side I'd say we're the most complete team in the NFC this year. We aren't the 90s cowboys but in this nfl at least we have enough talent to run the table.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Well, I'd say a couple things on defense could hold us back as well. But on the flip side I'd say we're the most complete team in the NFC this year. We aren't the 90s cowboys but in this nfl at least we have enough talent to run the table.
I agree with this but that is much different from Ravi claiming we should be demolishing everybody on the way to the superbowl.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I agree with this but that is much different from Ravi claiming we should be demolishing everybody on the way to the superbowl.
Ravi is a little overboard on his assessment of the 90s Cowboys. They were good but they had to fight for every win. The steamrolled some but they also struggled. I saw a lot of those games from the stands.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Ravi is a little overboard on his assessment of the 90s Cowboys. They were good but they had to fight for every win. The steamrolled some but they also struggled. I saw a lot of those games from the stands.
They played against great teams and won all by double-digits. Of the Eagles, Packers, 49ers, Bills, and Steelers teams we defeated, only the Steelers wouldn't outright kill our current team now. Fledgling salary cap era was still heavily weighted in favor of the NFC and coming out of that crucible we were very hard to beat.

This 2016 team is head and shoulders ahead of other teams in talent, not just at the top but it's loaded with role-players playing at a high level and also excellent special teams play.

When we execute on offense, no *current* defense should be able to stop us.

We are intentionally limiting our own offense. Playing it safe over and over again.

This means we score slowly and as a result games are closer than they should be. A great QB like Brady or Ben could close that gap on us in a hurry-- and we saw exactly that in Pittsburgh.

FINALLY we took the handcuffs off vs the Lions. You saw the resulting demolition.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Your memory must be getting bad. Half the time in the 1990s, I could pass out drunk in the second quarter with the game well in hand and could wake up knowing we didn't blow it. Those games were hardly fight and scrape.

Top Bottom