Week 9 Gameday Chatter | Cowboys vs. Browns | 11/06/2016

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Just let me have this for a second:

Imagine this team in week 13 gearing up for the playoffs with the following players added to their defense:

Randy Gregory
Jaylon Smith
Rolando McClain
Morris Claiborne
Barry Church

Yikes. That might be a championship caliber defense when coupled with this offense.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Does anyone know why they don't open up the top part of the Oakland Coliseum?

I figured they'd be able to sell it out tonight, so why close it?

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Just let me have this for a second:

Imagine this team in week 13 gearing up for the playoffs with the following players added to their defense:

Randy Gregory
Jaylon Smith
Rolando McClain
Morris Claiborne
Barry Church

Yikes. That might be a championship caliber defense when coupled with this offense.
You're talking about the absolute best case scenario which involves not only them coming all back, but also all performing well.

It's a stretch, but if it happened?

:hawfap

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
All these political commercials have convinced me it is time to turn SNF off and go to bed
The commercials are not unlike prior elections. The fact that people have become more attuned to the perceived quality of the candidates is actually a good thing. It has awakened a lot of folks to the reality of why it is important to know who is running for office. The party polarity has taken a step backwards albeit a small step.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I think we have to kiss "best division in football" away to the AFC West. Jeez... everyone out there is good.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
So Dak apparently pulled Dak over by the collar of his jersey and had some words with him during the game.

Once again I get the impression is doing something or is not doing something during games that's making him unreliable.

dallen

Senior Tech
So Dak apparently pulled Dak over by the collar of his jersey and had some words with him during the game.

Once again I get the impression is doing something or is not doing something during games that's making him unreliable.
I hope you meant Dak pulled Dez aside. Otherwise we may have a Gollum\Smeagol situation on our hands.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester

I think it had more to do with Dez clearly losing his focus in the game because he was allowing his temper and attitude to get the best of him.

Dez was clearly interfered with a couple of times, but he needs to suck it up and win the matchups that were in his favor. Instead, he chose to allow those calls to affect his game, and Dak sensed that and had a word with him.

Dak Prescott is the real deal, boys. He not only has the athletic ability, but he has the intangibles too.

Sky is the limit for him and this team in the coming years so long as the organization doesn't screw it up.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I feel like Dez is at something of a crossroads or tipping point. He's pushing two years at like a 3 catch per game pace. I know he's had injuries but I'm talking about games he played. The QB changes have hurt too but it hasn't hurt Witten or Beasley.

Dez has to figure out how to start making some plays and stop dropping balls.

townsend

Banned
I feel like Dez is at something of a crossroads or tipping point. He's pushing two years at like a 3 catch per game pace. I know he's had injuries but I'm talking about games he played. The QB changes have hurt too but it hasn't hurt Witten or Beasley.

To be fair he would have had like 3 TDs last week, if Dak hadn't missed him so many times, and the TD catch he did have was excellent. Dez's stats are close to Witten's in half as many games.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are

Yeah. I actually got my can full of him last year. He was screwing around on routes and in some instances quitting too soon. He isn't productive as a whole. He makes a few catches but he isn't performing like a # 1 receiver. A lot of fans want to point out that he gets doubled all the time and that is his strength. I don't buy it.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Yeah. I actually got my can full of him last year. He was screwing around on routes and in some instances quitting too soon. He isn't productive as a whole. He makes a few catches but he isn't performing like a # 1 receiver. A lot of fans want to point out that he gets doubled all the time and that is his strength. I don't buy it.
Dez is just not an elite wide receiver.

He has elite physical and athletic ability which allows him to make plays at the position, but he isn't a great route runner, isn't great at getting separation, and he doesn't go on runs where he dominates week after week like we've seen from Julio Jones, Antonio Brown, and even that little fairy out in New York.

He's never had the type of month that T.O. had for us back in 2007 where he basically destroyed the entire NFC East in the month of November.

That's what I would like to see from Dez, but that's just not who he is.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Dez loafing on that route yesterday is the biggest thing bothering me about him right now. I mean, TO would scream and yell for the ball (to the point it was a distraction) but he never ever took plays off. He would bust his ass every single play to try to get open. Dez loafing tells me he just might not be as committed as his antics on the sidelines let on.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Dez loafing on that route yesterday is the biggest thing bothering me about him right now. I mean, TO would scream and yell for the ball (to the point it was a distraction) but he never ever took plays off. He would bust his ass every single play to try to get open. Dez loafing tells me he just might not be as committed as his antics on the sidelines let on.
I think [MENTION=3]boozeman[/MENTION] was spot on when he said yesterday that Dez is great when everything is going well for him, but he just doesn't have the focus or mental toughness to keep fighting when things aren't going his way.

Despite the early calls, he could've dominated that game yesterday. Those interference plays were a clear indication that he was having his way with their DBs, so if he had just stay focused and channeled his anger in a better way, he would have had a more productive day.

Instead, he pouted and got upset and basically took himself out of the game.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Also, it was great watching Dak spread the ball around again yesterday.

I agree with many of the others who thought he forced it to Dez a bit last week, so it was great seeing him get the ball to the open man yesterday.

And I loved seeing Witten have himself a big day. What an unselfish guy and all-timer he is. He may not be a dominant TE anymore, but he's still easily one of the best 5 TE's in the league but his role has changed this year and he hasn't complained one bit.

I can't lie -- if we were to go all the way this year and win the SB, I'd probably cry seeing that bastid holding the Lombardi on the podium. :sad

Get that man a ring!

Top Bottom