2016 POTUS Election Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
To the point that Americans will comment on a third party candidate's fitness... After advocating hard for Donald "Act retarded during a speech to mock a reporter" Trump.
If that is the worst thing he did, I could even excuse that. There are some things he says he wants to do that I actually agree with.

This isn't even a choice on the issues anymore. It is about lunatic, crook or other. Chose other.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Johnson doesn't represent libertarianism, Trump is a nut job and Hillary terrible.

Straight Outta Options

townsend

Banned
I'd be interested to see what happens if the Libertarian party becomes a viable challenger in the future. It'd be funny to see Republican Party hemorrhage it's last members under the age of 60.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Bizarre. Figured he only would've announced the re-opening had he preliminarily seen a smoking gun. Hard to understand how they could've checked 600,000 emails in 9 days with enough certainty to clear her (again).
They have software to check key words.

Not every email needs to read.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
To the point that Americans will comment on a third party candidate's fitness... After advocating hard for Donald "Act retarded during a speech to mock a reporter" Trump.
Well, just because the two main candidates are a joke doesn't mean that the third party candidates aren't also a joke.

I've voted third party for president twice before, so I'll do it if I think it's warranted. But I just can't find anyone I think is worthy this time around.

townsend

Banned
Honestly I think any new viable party has to be born out of a guy like Bernie or Trump who has their own cult of personality breaking off and starting their own.

Libertarians and Green Party have too much baggage to produce viable national candidates.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Honestly I think any new viable party has to be born out of a guy like Bernie or Trump who has their own cult of personality breaking off and starting their own.

Libertarians and Green Party have too much baggage to produce viable national candidates.
I agree and it's going to have to be built on the backs of the the people in he middle who are tired of the ideology testing and pandering.

Millenials, Blacks and Hispanics could become quite a voting block for the right person or party.

Kbrown

Not So New Member
Well, just because the two main candidates are a joke doesn't mean that the third party candidates aren't also a joke.

I've voted third party for president twice before, so I'll do it if I think it's warranted. But I just can't find anyone I think is worthy this time around.
And I'm fine with that idea. Like I said, I am voting for an idea, because my Presidential vote doesn't matter in Texas.

LT is also voting for an idea, which is fine, but feels fit to comment on the worthiness of Johnson... While his idea is represented by Donald "I would date my own daughter" Trump.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
And I'm fine with that idea. Like I said, I am voting for an idea, because my Presidential vote doesn't matter in Texas.

LT is also voting for an idea, which is fine, but feels fit to comment on the worthiness of Johnson... While his idea is represented by Donald "I would date my own daughter" Trump.
Why the heartburn? You are opposed to Trump and I don't like Johnson. That's why they make different flavors of ice cream.

2233boys

Not So New Member
Johnson comes across like a numbskull to me. He is very ill informed.
Oh Really?

Yet you're voting for Trump. I don't disagree with you about Johnson but he is far more qualified, competent, intelligent, presidential, etc than your Boy Trump.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Oh Really?

Yet you're voting for Trump. I don't disagree with you about Johnson but he is far more qualified, competent, intelligent, presidential, etc than your Boy Trump.
Yes really. And I am not up to repeating what I have already stated very recently on the matter. Regardless of Trumps shortcomingd Johnson was ill informed about routine and commonly known everyday events.

2233boys

Not So New Member
Yes really. And I am not up to repeating what I have already stated very recently on the matter. Regardless of Trumps shortcomingd Johnson was ill informed about routine and commonly known everyday events.
Do you listen to what Trump says? This is funny because Trump's shortcomings far far far exceed Johnson's.

2233boys

Not So New Member
Are you trying to use Trumps shortcomings to cover Johnsons?
Trump's shortcomings are glaring, more glaring than anyone to ever run for the office.

I don't need to try and cover Johnson's by highlighting Trumps, I'd never vote for either. You are saying Trump is more qualified or at the very least less of a numskull, that is complete fallacy.

Trump is the least qualified candidate ever. Jill Stein is a better candidate and she's a professional presidential candidate.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Trump's shortcomings are glaring, more glaring than anyone to ever run for the office.

I don't need to try and cover Johnson's by highlighting Trumps, I'd never vote for either. You are saying Trump is more qualified or at the very least less of a numskull, that is complete fallacy.

Trump is the least qualified candidate ever. Jill Stein is a better candidate and she's a professional presidential candidate.
You don't need to hash Trumps shortcomings. He is a default candidate for me. Even with all his baggage I rather have him than Clinton. If you think she is a better candidate fine but I cannot support her and that's all I will say about it so dredging up horror stories about Trump makes no inroads with me.

2233boys

Not So New Member
You don't need to hash Trumps shortcomings. He is a default candidate for me. Even with all his baggage I rather have him than Clinton. If you think she is a better candidate fine but I cannot support her and that's all I will say about it so dredging up horror stories about Trump makes no inroads with me.
She is a better candidate but that is beside the point, and I am not trying to get you or anyone to vote for her. My point is it is laughable your reason for not voting for Johnson is because he is a numskull, when you are voting for the biggest numskull of them all. Johnson would be a far better choice than Trump.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
She is a better candidate but that is beside the point, and I am not trying to get you or anyone to vote for her. My point is it is laughable your reason for not voting for Johnson is because he is a numskull, when you are voting for the biggest numskull of them all. Johnson would be a far better choice than Trump.
Already said but I will say it again I voted as an anti Clinton measure. It doesn't matter to me because he isn't my choice of candidates so beat him up all you like. I really don't care. He may be a numbskull but that doesn't improve Johnsons appeal to me.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
I will flat out be embarrassed to be an American if Donald Trump is elected president. Period. He is an absolute joke of a candidate and the USA would become the laughingstock of the world for electing such a buffoon. It is really that simple for me. I am way more liberal leaning than conservative but it would not bother me in the least if someone like Mitt Romney or John McCain was the candidate and beat Hillary. Hell, that applies to almost any other candidate with an (R) next to their name with the exception of Ted Cruz. I might not vote for them, but I would not feel bad about it if they were elected president. This whole thing with Trump still seems like a big Andy Kaufmanlike performance art trolling of the nation and yet here we are. Pretty pathetic.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Can you imagine the sit downs between President Trump and the fucking lunatic the Philippines elected?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom