User Tag List

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Results 51 to 58 of 58

Thread: TO refuses hall of fame appearance/acceptance

  1. #51
    Senior Member ravidubey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Northern VA
    Posts
    9,486
    Quote Originally Posted by bbgun View Post
    We tried (and failed) to be a WCO when Paul Hackett was the offensive coordinator in the late 80's.
    Different WCO, but yeah our first attempt in 86. Norv got it right five years later with Gillman's Timing WCO.

  2. #52
    Administrator boozeman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    48,015
    Quote Originally Posted by bbgun View Post
    We tried (and failed) to be a WCO when Paul Hackett was the offensive coordinator in the late 80's.
    They were rolling with it at 6-2 in Sherrard's rookie season until both he and Danny White got injured.

  3. #53
    Senior Member bbgun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    2,124
    Quote Originally Posted by boozeman View Post
    They were rolling with it at 6-2 in Sherrard's rookie season until both he and Danny White got injured.
    White got hurt that year, but Sherrard didn't get hurt until the following season in training camp. He played in every game his rookie year.

  4. #54
    Senior Member ravidubey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Northern VA
    Posts
    9,486
    Quote Originally Posted by boozeman View Post
    They were rolling with it at 6-2 in Sherrard's rookie season until both he and Danny White got injured.
    The OL was playing well to start the year and the short throws fit White's diminished capabilities. Walker was also a menace who people hadn't figured out how to stop yet.

    But the second Giants game the intensity ratcheted up and White, Dorsett, and Walker all got hurt and Phil Pozderac had multiple gaffs in the final two minutes at least twice preventing Dallas from landing great field position inside the 15. We lost 17-14, and from there the season unraveled.

    Steve Pelluer showed flashes but could not sustain drives. We finished 1-7 and the WCO plays were removed, though I forget when.

  5. #55
    Administrator boozeman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    48,015
    Quote Originally Posted by ravidubey View Post
    The OL was playing well to start the year and the short throws fit White's diminished capabilities. Walker was also a menace who people hadn't figured out how to stop yet.

    But the second Giants game the intensity ratcheted up and White, Dorsett, and Walker all got hurt and Phil Pozderac had multiple gaffs in the final two minutes at least twice preventing Dallas from landing great field position inside the 15. We lost 17-14, and from there the season unraveled.

    Steve Pelluer showed flashes but could not sustain drives. We finished 1-7 and the WCO plays were removed, though I forget when.
    Pretty hazy year. But I regard that year as the last gasp of the Landry Cowboys. They tried to reinvent themselves but it was too late.

    But even though he played on some of the worst teams in club history, Herschel was a horse.

  6. #56
    Senior Member bbgun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    2,124
    Quote Originally Posted by ravidubey View Post
    Steve Pelluer showed flashes but could not sustain drives. We finished 1-7 and the WCO plays were removed, though I forget when.
    Threw five picks vs the Raiders in a close game we could have won.

  7. #57
    One-armed Knife Sharpener Iamtdg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    59,995
    2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

  8. The following user likes this post:


  9. #58
    Senior Member bbgun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    2,124
    with the possible exception of the last sentence, there's no way he wrote that

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •