User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: TO refuses hall of fame appearance/acceptance

Quote Originally Posted by shane View Post
    Not as a player.
    Totally as a player.

Michael Irvin was a great leader when he was good, outstanding talent, hard worker, and the shittiest locker room influence possible once the coke stuff came out and he started to decline.

Owens was a better talent, equally hard worker, and just as shitty as Mike except for most of his career instead of the last two-three years. Owens might have held public workouts in his driveway, but he never stabbed a teammate in the neck or verbally harassed teammates for living normal, non-adulterous lives.

If you think Mike was a better on-field talent, you are letting royal blue and metallic silver cloud your vision. Owens was a fricking explosive beast with double and a third more TDs than Mike. Let that sink in. Mike was great; TO was better. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by ravidubey View Post
    Michael Irvin was a great leader when he was good, outstanding talent, hard worker, and the shittiest locker room influence possible once the coke stuff came out and he started to decline.

Owens was a better talent, equally hard worker, and just as shitty as Mike except for most of his career instead of the last two-three years. Owens might have held public workouts in his driveway, but he never stabbed a teammate in the neck or verbally harassed teammates for living normal, non-adulterous lives.

If you think Mike was a better on-field talent, you are letting royal blue and metallic silver cloud your vision. Owens was a fricking explosive beast with double and a third more TDs than Mike. Let that sink in. Mike was great; TO was better. Sorry.
    The best was Randy Moss and I know this isn’t about him but I just had to get that in.
    Since Day One

One-armed Knife Sharpener Iamtdg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by L.T. Fan View Post
    The best was Randy Moss and I know this isn’t about him but I just had to get that in.
    Wrong, The best ever was Jerry Rice.
    2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

Owens almost always plays in a West coast, extremely pass-heavy offense.

Irvin always played in a run heavy offense.Owens

The volume numbers aren't all that relevant.

Irvin > Owens

Quote Originally Posted by Iamtdg View Post
    Wrong, The best ever was Jerry Rice.
    We will just have to disagree.
    Since Day One

One-armed Knife Sharpener Iamtdg's Avatar
    We will just have to disagree.
    Indeed.
    2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Genghis Khan View Post
    Owens almost always plays in a West coast, extremely pass-heavy offense.

Irvin always played in a run heavy offense.Owens

The volume numbers aren't all that relevant.

Irvin > Owens
    2006 Cowboys, 506 passes, 472 rush attempts, Owens has 85 (most as a Cowboy) for 1139 and 13 touchdowns. He also played several games with a broken hand, and the first six games Bledsoe was throwing. The next year he gets 9 fewer targets, 81 catches for 1355 and 15 TDs.

Yeah the Romo-led Cowboys passed a lot in 06 and 07, but they ran a lot too.

Please elaborate why you think so.

Not patronizing you, I’m genuinely curious why you’ve come to this conclusion. Figured you would’ve said Don Hutson or Jim Thorpe, you old-timer.

2006 Cowboys, 506 passes, 472 rush attempts, Owens has 85 (most as a Cowboy) for 1139 and 13 touchdowns. He also played several games with a broken hand, and the first six games Bledsoe was throwing. The next year he gets 9 fewer targets, 81 catches for 1355 and 15 TDs.

Yeah the Romo-led Cowboys passed a lot in 06 and 07, but they ran a lot too.
    Not sure where you are going with this but it doesn't refute my point one iota.