User Tag List

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: TO refuses hall of fame appearance/acceptance

@pdom.

Randy Moss was a scoring threat anytime the ball was in his hands. His speed was amazing, his ability to get separation was unequaled and he has some of the softest hands to ever play the game. He had the height advantage on almost every defensive back and he could extend a jump like no other. He was ecceptionaly fluid with excellent balance and he was almost without exception an automatic mismatch for any game. He couldn’t be contained at the LOS and he wasn’t afraid to take a pattern over the middle.

Downside..... he was moody and at times appeared to be loafing or playing down to his actual abilities. Also was aloof from the team sometimes but all in all he could carry a game. I often wonder if anyone ever saw him at his absolute best because I think he was the poster boy for a football freak.
    Since Day One

2. The following user likes this post:

Quote Originally Posted by L.T. Fan View Post
    @pdom.

Randy Moss was a scoring threat anytime the ball was in his hands. His speed was amazing, his ability to get separation was unequaled and he has some of the softest hands to ever play the game. He had the height advantage on almost every defensive back and he could extend a jump like no other. He was ecceptionaly fluid with excellent balance and he was almost without exception an automatic mismatch for any game. He couldn’t be contained at the LOS and he wasn’t afraid to take a pattern over the middle.

Downside..... he was moody and at times appeared to be loafing or playing down to his actual abilities. Also was aloof from the team sometimes but all in all he could carry a game. I often wonder if anyone ever saw him at his absolute best because I think he was the poster boy for a football freak.
    And BTW, Jerry Jones drafted Greg Ellis over him.

Quote Originally Posted by boozeman View Post
    And BTW, Jerry Jones drafted Greg Ellis over him.
    Yes he did but there was a lot of public pressure over Moss being a bad boy and some of the Cowboys had given the organization a bad name so Jones took the safe road.
    Since Day One

Quote Originally Posted by L.T. Fan View Post
    Yes he did but there was a lot of public pressure over Moss being a bad boy and some of the Cowboys had given the organization a bad name so Jones took the safe road.
    Public pressure from whom? I don't recall many fans rejoicing the "safe" pick.

The real pressure came from Chan Gailey and Dwain Painter, the WRs coach, who didn't want to deal with him.

That is the problem when you have a GM with zero eye for talent who "listens" to his staff.

Quote Originally Posted by boozeman View Post
    Public pressure from whom? I don't recall many fans rejoicing the "safe" pick.

The real pressure came from Chan Gailey and Dwain Painter, the WRs coach, who didn't want to deal with him.

That is the problem when you have a GM with zero eye for talent who "listens" to his staff.
    There was a ton of fans in this area who were screaming about Jones needed to clean up the roster and avoid picking up Moss. It was a mixed bag in this area.
    Since Day One

Quote Originally Posted by Genghis Khan View Post
    Not sure where you are going with this but it doesn't refute my point one iota.
    Owens’ offenses succeeded in large part because of him, irrespective of being pass heavy or balanced.

I don’t think Irvin was a great fit for a WCO that relied on sprint options and WRs with size, speed and RAC ability, but he was perfect for our timing-based WCO.

TO would have succeeded in either system, as his success in Dallas proved.

Quote Originally Posted by ravidubey View Post

I don’t think Irvin was a great fit for a WCO that relied on sprint options and WRs with size, speed and RAC ability, but he was perfect for our timing-based WCO.
    Huh?

Quote Originally Posted by NoDak View Post
    Huh?
    Timing-based WCO? You know, the fucking 1990’s Cowboys offense??

Timing-based WCO? You know, the fucking 1990’s Cowboys offense??
    90s cowboys offense was not west coast.

11. The following user likes this post:

Owens’ offenses succeeded in large part because of him, irrespective of being pass heavy or balanced.

TO would have succeeded in either system, as his success in Dallas proved.
    Yeah, this is wrong in every respect. Irvin was as big a WR as there was back then and he was money on the slant. He'd have killed it in a West coast offense.