28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
?

WFAN said the Rams and Fins are swapping picks in the first round. Rams now picking at #11.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Yeah couldn't imagine they'd trade him only for a mid round pick.
This was a cap dump. The Rams are clearing room so they can sign Donald, Lamarcus Joyner and others.

The mid-round pick is the counter balance for Miami having to take on his contract.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
?

WFAN said the Rams and Fins are swapping picks in the first round. Rams now picking at #11.
Well, they are reporting something that is completely out of the blue. Everything from Schefter and others indicates otherwise.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
He's really talented, though. He's a guy I'd think Phillips would want to keep. I bet there was something behind the scenes they didn't particularly like, or maybe they just didn't think he'd be worth a big contract after next year.

I also bet the Rams take a rush OLB with that pick now like happened here with Spencer and in Houston with Mercilus around that spot.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
He's really talented, though. He's a guy I'd think Phillips would want to keep. I bet there was something behind the scenes they didn't particularly like, or maybe they just didn't think he'd be worth a big contract after next year.

I also bet the Rams take a rush OLB with that pick now like happened here with Spencer and in Houston with Mercilus around that spot.
It was all money. They are clearing cap and since he is guy that can't stay healthy, adios.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I just saw on Yahoo, Quinn and a 6 for a 4 and a 6.

Which if so seems like a deal we should have been in on.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I just saw on Yahoo, Quinn and a 6 for a 4 and a 6.

Which if so seems like a deal we should have been in on.
Thing is, we couldn't.

We have cap problems, despite what Stephen Jones scoffs at.

Not in what is "theoretical", but rather what is realistic.

Any team can artificially create cap space. The Cowboys have a lot of bad contracts that cannot be massaged without consequence.

We cannot be open for business for a trade without cooking the books.

If I am a team looking to dump cap dollars, the Cowboys are not a team I will contact.

Top Bottom