2016 College Football Chatter

Status
Not open for further replies.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
No they were never the 4th best team but if they won out they would have had the resume to be in playoff consideration.

I knew Knight was going to be the guy to hold this team back he missed 3 guys for TD's before he got hurt.

But the defense really underachieved today.
Wasn't Myles Garrett limited?

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
I can't believe how shitty Alabama looked on offense tonight. They were fucking God awful. I expected LSU to play like shit because they don't have a QB, but Bama's offense was a fucking joke.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
340+ rushing yards to a single back.

:lol
No big surprise. 2nd best rushing team in the NCAA against arguably the worst defense in all of football.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
No big surprise. 2nd best rushing team in the NCAA against arguably the worst defense in all of football.
As weird as it sounds I wouldn't put this one on the D. We had 7 stops. 5 punts and 2 turnovers. That should be enough to win at home and playing with a bunch of high schoolers on D. Pat and Kliff shat the bed on offense. Pat's freelancing and shoulder injury is hurting us bad.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
As weird as it sounds I wouldn't put this one on the D. We had 7 stops. 5 punts and 2 turnovers. That should be enough to win at home and playing with a bunch of high schoolers on D. Pat and Kliff shat the bed on offense. Pat's freelancing and shoulder injury is hurting us bad.
Definitely agree with this. He needs to be reined in. And if not 100%, sat down.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I can't believe how shitty Alabama looked on offense tonight. They were fucking God awful. I expected LSU to play like shit because they don't have a QB, but Bama's offense was a fucking joke.
I watched most of the 1st half but tapped out at halftime because the game wasn't very entertaining.

I think both teams went with a very basic, conservative game plan. Alabama's offense is much better and has been much more creative than what they showed yesterday. I just think they knew that it would only take about 14 points to beat LSU, so they played it close to the vest with that in mind.

That's my opinion on the matter.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Definitely agree with this. He needs to be reined in. And if not 100%, sat down.
I know the S sucks but there is not one guy that comes close to applying pressure. Nobody. The LBs are babies and have no idea what they are doing the secondary has one good player that has to try to make up for the terrible play of the others. Players are getting phased out at an alarming rate, our 2012-2014 classes were void of defensive talent and many have left. I wouldn't expect it to be a ton different next year. We will have a bunch of new faces. Getting yet another DC isn't going to magically fix the depth problem. No matter what there is going to be a development phase of 2-3 years. If we stay the course at least we have a fighting chance. Change DCs for the 9th time in 10 years and we go back to square one. In the Big 12 you only need a competent D to win. Nobody really stops anyone in this league.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Over/Under 4.5 total punts today in the Baylor vs. Oklahoma game.

I have the under. 4 total punts.

For some odd reason Oklahoma is favored by 17 1/2 points.

I see this one playing out like the Texas Tech vs. Oklahoma game. 60-55 kind of game.

Big 12 flag Football :towel

:picard

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are

I see this one playing out like the Texas Tech vs. Oklahoma game. 60-55 kind of game.

Baylor looked pretty bad last week.

D

Deuce

it

7 on 7 tournaments think Big 12 football play no defense.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Baylor's decision to go for it on 4th and 2 from their own 48 seemed a bit desperate. Way too early to do risky stuff like that. Especially in a road game against a quality opponent.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Crazy stats being put up by Dede Westbrook over the last 6 games.

47 receptions
1,012 yards
12 TDs

In 6 games!

Those are video game numbers.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Seth Russell just suffered one of those Joe Theismann type nasty leg injuries.

D

Deuce

Scott Frost has UCF bowling in his first year coming off an 0-12 season...and doing it with a true Fresh QB, RG, RBs and WR on offense. Love this dude.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom