User Tag List

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Justices side with Colorado baker on same-sex wedding cake

One-armed Knife Sharpener Iamtdg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik View Post
    People are dumb.

If a dude won’t bake you a cake, go down the street to the next bakery. Why would you want to spend hard earned money in an establishment that doesn’t want your business?

Other than the desire to stir shit up and play the victim, I don’t see another reason.
    ~gay nail on the head smiley~
    2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

Quote Originally Posted by 2233boys View Post
    Considering that they didn’t address that at all, I am sure that someone will try to use this ruling as a way to not serve LGBT
    No, they actually did address that.

4. The following user likes this post:

Quote Originally Posted by Kbrown View Post
    Clarence Thomas pwns noobs yet again.

South Dakota GOP Lawmaker: Business Owners Shouldn’t Have to Serve Black People

South Dakota State Rep. Michael Clark had a strong reaction to the Supreme Court’s ruling in the Masterpiece Cakeshop case: Not only did he celebrate the Court’s narrow ruling that a Colorado commission went was hostile to the baker’s faith, he said all business owners should have the right to discriminate, even if we’re talking about bakers refusing to sell cakes to black customers.

“He should have the opportunity to run his business the way he wants,” Clark wrote. “If he wants to turn away people of color, then that(‘s) his choice.”

In an interview with the Argus Leader, Clark said that business owners with strongly-held beliefs should be able to turn away customers.

“If it’s truly his strongly based belief, he should be able to turn them away,” Clark said. “People shouldn’t be able to use their minority status to bully a business.”

And if the community doesn’t support a store or restaurant that bars customers for that reason or others, it will put them out of business.

“The vote of the dollar is very strong,” he said.

And if the community doesn’t put them out of business? Then, Clark implied, racism is acceptable.

It didn’t take long for Clark to apologize for his comments, later saying to a newspaper, “I would never advocate discriminating against people based on their color or race.” (Even though that’s quite literally what he said.)

He issued another apology last night on Facebook:

He says, “Of course, I was wrong, all business should serve everyone, equally.” But does that mean he thinks the baker in Colorado should’ve made a cake for the same-sex couple? He doesn’t tell us.

And to add insult to bigotry, Clark had no GOP opposition in last night’s primary. He’ll have challengers in November, but this is South Dakota. A Republican in certain House races is all-but-assured victory.

Quote Originally Posted by BipolarFan View Post
    South Dakota State Rep. Michael Clark had a strong reaction to the Supreme Court’s ruling in the Masterpiece Cakeshop case: Not only did he celebrate the Court’s narrow ruling that a Colorado commission went was hostile to the baker’s faith, he said all business owners should have the right to discriminate, even if we’re talking about bakers refusing to sell cakes to black customers.

“He should have the opportunity to run his business the way he wants,” Clark wrote. “If he wants to turn away people of color, then that(‘s) his choice.”

In an interview with the Argus Leader, Clark said that business owners with strongly-held beliefs should be able to turn away customers.

“If it’s truly his strongly based belief, he should be able to turn them away,” Clark said. “People shouldn’t be able to use their minority status to bully a business.”

And if the community doesn’t support a store or restaurant that bars customers for that reason or others, it will put them out of business.

“The vote of the dollar is very strong,” he said.

And if the community doesn’t put them out of business? Then, Clark implied, racism is acceptable.

It didn’t take long for Clark to apologize for his comments, later saying to a newspaper, “I would never advocate discriminating against people based on their color or race.” (Even though that’s quite literally what he said.)

He issued another apology last night on Facebook:

He says, “Of course, I was wrong, all business should serve everyone, equally.” But does that mean he thinks the baker in Colorado should’ve made a cake for the same-sex couple? He doesn’t tell us.

And to add insult to bigotry, Clark had no GOP opposition in last night’s primary. He’ll have challengers in November, but this is South Dakota. A Republican in certain House races is all-but-assured victory.
    I am a few beers in, so I think it's a good time to ask: are you one of those guys on Twitter replying to every tweet about Trump with a string of bad memes?

Just been wondering.

I am a few beers in, so I think it's a good time to ask: are you one of those guys on Twitter replying to every tweet about Trump with a string of bad memes?
    Its what he does here so Im sure he does there as well.
    #Fire Garrett

I can’t read this without it being in a drunk voice in my head.

Quote Originally Posted by skidadl View Post
    I can’t read this without it being in a drunk voice in my head.
    Just a solid buzz.